Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

Poor Hillary got decades of having a groping creep standing near her for her whole marriage.

So Bill didn't dump her like Trump who moved on to the next trophy wives and repeated his groping, and bragged about it.

"And when you're a star, they let you do it, You can do anything. Grab them by the p---y."

I think there's some sort of feedback loop going on, where Trump's inability to say anything that sounds even remotely intelligent and the media's inability to report honestly about the Cheetoh Dust Golem are heterodyning to create the appearance of greater-than-usual amount of dishonesty.

Really, the "system" is at war with itself right now, is what it comes down to. People trust their Great Aunt Ethel's Facebook feed more than they do the media or government, largely because the media and government are tearing themselves and each other apart. It's not an environment where you can readily establish any realistic measure of "dishonesty."

Great Aunt Ethel's intoxicating strawberry rhubarb pie would make anybody believe anything she said.

• 2 months later...

Trump 2016: "We can't continue to allow China to rape our country and that's what they're doing. It's the greatest theft in the history of the world."

Trump 2017: "Who can blame a country for taking advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens. I give China great credit."

So Trump once again has abandoned his get tough promises that misled his supporters. In effect, it was his economic "locker room talk", from calling it rape to absolving the perpetrator. I guess China can grab us by the p@&&y and get away with it.

7 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Trump 2016: "We can't continue to allow China to rape our country and that's what they're doing. It's the greatest theft in the history of the world."

Trump 2017: "Who can blame a country for taking advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens. I give China great credit."

So Trump once again has abandoned his get tough promises that misled his supporters. In effect, it was his economic "locker room talk", from calling it rape to absolving the perpetrator. I guess China can grab us by the p@&&y and get away with it.

If Hillary was doing stuff like that the Right would have blood coming out their...eyes 

20 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Don't worry, your kitty is safe.

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Liberals 2016: "The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Liberals 2017: "Russia is a hostile nation and an enemy!"

Guess it's okay to throw stones now, though, since your house is thoroughly shattered at this point...

39 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Liberals 2016: "The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Liberals 2017: "Russia is a hostile nation and an enemy!"

Guess it's okay to throw stones now, though, since your house is thoroughly shattered at this point...

Obfuscation alert 

No one with a brain thinks this argument shatters anything 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Obfuscation alert 

No one with a brain thinks this argument shatters anything 

I'm just dying to know...when you've eaten the last morsel of lead paint in your house, will your idiocy plateau or keep rising?

For Veterans Day, a review of Trump's broken promises to veterans:

AP FACT CHECK: Trump hails 'new' VA as old problems persist

President Donald Trump speaks with pride about the progress of his overhaul of health care for veterans, declaring that the Department of Veterans Affairs already "is a whole new place." Old problems persist, though, and some of his steps are not as advanced as he advertises.

For Veterans Day, the White House came out with a two-page statement to support the contention that "tremendous progress has been made in a short period of time." And in Vietnam on Friday, Trump told a small group of U.S. veterans of the Vietnam War that Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin is doing an "amazing job" on "things that we are doing and in the process of doing. "

"In the process" is the key phrase, because some of Trump's big plans for veterans are lagging, and problems he has declared to be cured are still evident.

While the VA has made some strides under the leadership of Shulkin, a holdover from the Obama administration who began work on several of the changes before Trump took office, the White House statement doesn't tell the full story. It doesn't divulge that a key Trump administration effort to improve wait times by revamping VA's electronic medical record system may not be completed for eight more years — when Trump will be out of office.

Nor does it acknowledge that a bill recently signed into law to reduce delays in processing disability appeals from veterans unhappy with their payouts won't address the 470,000 pending claims.

Other announced efforts, such as the posting of VA wait-time data and a new White House complaint hotline, have since been shown to be narrow in scope or have been criticized as ineffective by lawmakers or veterans groups.

A look at statements and rhetoric on the subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/ap-fact-check-trump-falls-short-promises-veterans-51057370

• 2 weeks later...

The Washington Post and the New York Times are horrified that The U.S. government is being fixed

IT’S ALMOST LIKE THERE’S SOME SORT OF A PLANWhile eyes are on Russia, Sessions dramatically reshapes the Justice Department.

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves
New York Times, by Gardiner Harris

Original Article

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Washington Post and the New York Times are horrified that The U.S. government is being fixed

IT’S ALMOST LIKE THERE’S SOME SORT OF A PLANWhile eyes are on Russia, Sessions dramatically reshapes the Justice Department.

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves
New York Times, by Gardiner Harris

Original Article

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.