Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

Trump is set to depart the White House later today for a 17-day vacation at his golf club in New Jersey. During the 2016 campaign, Trump repeatedly promised that he would refuse to take vacation in order to keep doing the work of the American public.

“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf.” Mr Trump tweeted in October 2014. “Worse than Carter.”

At another point, Mr Trump lamented the taxpayer expense for Mr Obama’s games, tweeting, “We pay for Obama’s travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf.”

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump said in July 2015. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

"I'm going to be working for you," Trump said in August 2016. "I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

Trump has spent nearly 22 percent of his days in office at one of his golf properties to play for some portion of the day. Obama played golf for 3 percent of the time he was president. In the first three months of the year, the Secret Service spent $35,000 just on golf cart rentals at the Trump-owned Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, CBS News reported. Politico has calculated that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago, where Mr Trump frequently retreats to play golf, costs taxpayers about $3 million.

Trump is set to depart the White House later today for a 17-day vacation at his golf club in New Jersey. During the 2016 campaign, Trump repeatedly promised that he would refuse to take vacation in order to keep doing the work of the American public.
“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf.” Mr Trump tweeted in October 2014. “Worse than Carter.”
At another point, Mr Trump lamented the taxpayer expense for Mr Obama’s games, tweeting, “We pay for Obama’s travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf.”
"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump said in July 2015. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

"I'm going to be working for you," Trump said in August 2016. "I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

Trump has spent nearly 22 percent of his days in office at one of his golf properties to play for some portion of the day. Obama played golf for 3 percent of the time he was president. In the first three months of the year, the Secret Service spent $35,000 just on golf cart rentals at the Trump-owned Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, CBS News reported. Politico has calculated that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago, where Mr Trump frequently retreats to play golf, costs taxpayers about $3 million.

Just as disingenuous as you've always been. That 17 day vacation just so happens to coincide with major renovations to the White House heating and air conditioning system and other work. It also coincides with a congressional recess. The White House calls it a "working vacation" while the media and its useful fools like you try to get away with this mischaracterization.

And I'll say the same thing I said during the Bush and Obama administrations: presidents don't take vacations. At best, they travel and the job follows.

While I agree (and was just thinking the same thing) Dear Donny thought differently 1 1/2 years ago.

Just as disingenuous as you've always been. That 17 day vacation just so happens to coincide with major renovations to the White House heating and air conditioning system and other work. It also coincides with a congressional recess. The White House calls it a "working vacation" while the media and its useful fools like you try to get away with this mischaracterization.

Hahahahahahahahahahaa. Beautiful excuse. Must be why he called it a dump when he first moved in.

Again, why was it different for the last guy?

Hypocrisy rules the day.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

While I agree (and was just thinking the same thing) Dear Donny thought differently 1 1/2 years ago.

Hahahahahahahahahahaa. Beautiful excuse. Must be why he called it a dump when he first moved in.

Hypocrisy rules the day.

And therein lies the difference, you listen to what trump says.

Hypocrisy rules the day.

Obama close Gitmo yet? Bush still eschewing nation-building international adventures? Do the 80's want their foreign policy back or not? Is or isn't Brownie doing a heckuva job? And Clinton's contradicted herself so she's managed at one time or another to hold each side of every topic you can think of.

Can we just skip the bull ****, and agree that while Trump's far more of an !@#$ than most, all politicians are two-faced?

And therein lies the difference, you listen to what trump says.

Only to lmao.

And with the hope he grows a brain and take his job seriously.

DC Tom

Have I ever said politicians weren't 2 faced?

I believe that is what I have been trying to portray here.

Slamming one guy while applauding or ignoring the other is hypocritical.

Obama did some good and bad

George W did some good and bad

Clinton did some good and bad

We agree that Dearest Donny hasn't accomplished much on his own.

The real issue imo is the Dividend States of America. Until we are united the sos will continue.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Only to lmao.

And with the hope he grows a brain and take his job seriously.

DC Tom

Have I ever said politicians weren't 2 faced?

I believe that is what I have been trying to portray here.

Slamming one guy while applauding or ignoring the other is hypocritical.

Obama did some good and bad

George W did some good and bad

Clinton did some good and bad

We agree that Dearest Donny hasn't accomplished much on his own.

The real issue imo is the Dividend States of America. Until we are united the sos will continue.

Are they paid quarterly?

• 3 weeks later...

Speculation is that Trump is going to announce an increase of troops in Afghanistan. Given that he has no credibility at this point, this would really be a slap in the face of those supporters that were attracted by his "America First" positions.

Before he became president, Trump criticized US involvement in the country, while urging President Obama's administration to pull out of the country.

An August 2011 tweet said the US was "wasting lives and money in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

The following year, he called the conflict a “complete waste,” and said it was “time to come home!”

Again lamenting the war’s expense, in 2013, he urged the US to stop “wast[ing] billions” in Afghanistan, and instead use the money to “rebuild the USA.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moab-donald-trump-afghanistan-war-bombing-quotes-what-he-said-before-tweets-mother-all-bombs-a7683286.html

Do not allow our very stupid leaders to sign a deal that keeps us in Afghanistan through 2024-with all costs by U.S.A. MAKE AMERICA GREAT!

Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, who ran against Trump in the Republican primaries last year, urged the president to stick with his “America First” roots. He called an increase in forces “a fool’s errand” and “a terrible idea.”

"The purpose of the Afghanistan war was to get those who organized and attacked us on 9/11. That mission is long done," Paul of Kentucky said in an interview. “Creating a nation out of Afghanistan is an impossible goal and will just needlessly cause loss of American life and there’s no possibility of us ever creating a country out of Afghanistan.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-24/global-cop-or-america-first-trump-s-risks-on-afghanistan-plan

Speculation is that Trump is going to announce an increase of troops in Afghanistan. Given that he has no credibility at this point, this would really be a slap in the face of those supporters that were attracted by his "America First" positions.

Before he became president, Trump criticized US involvement in the country, while urging President Obama's administration to pull out of the country.

An August 2011 tweet said the US was "wasting lives and money in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

The following year, he called the conflict a “complete waste,” and said it was “time to come home!”

Again lamenting the war’s expense, in 2013, he urged the US to stop “wast[ing] billions” in Afghanistan, and instead use the money to “rebuild the USA.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moab-donald-trump-afghanistan-war-bombing-quotes-what-he-said-before-tweets-mother-all-bombs-a7683286.html

Do not allow our very stupid leaders to sign a deal that keeps us in Afghanistan through 2024-with all costs by U.S.A. MAKE AMERICA GREAT!

Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, who ran against Trump in the Republican primaries last year, urged the president to stick with his “America First” roots. He called an increase in forces “a fool’s errand” and “a terrible idea.”

"The purpose of the Afghanistan war was to get those who organized and attacked us on 9/11. That mission is long done," Paul of Kentucky said in an interview. “Creating a nation out of Afghanistan is an impossible goal and will just needlessly cause loss of American life and there’s no possibility of us ever creating a country out of Afghanistan.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-24/global-cop-or-america-first-trump-s-risks-on-afghanistan-plan

Right wing ding a lings are silent on this one