Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

Name any politician who cares about the "working class."

I believe that many do, and that they have other priorities too. Being a politician blows. Earlier today someone said LBJ was the last guy to wrangle the Senate to do his bidding. True, and LBJ somehow got civil rights legislation through even though he was himself an awful racist by today's standards and he did it in a devious and deceitful way.

It's ugly making sausage.

I believe that many do, and that they have other priorities too. Being a politician blows. Earlier today someone said LBJ was the last guy to wrangle the Senate to do his bidding. True, and LBJ somehow got civil rights legislation through even though he was himself an awful racist by today's standards and he did it in a devious and deceitful way.

It's ugly making sausage.

Sympathy for the death of JFK helped push the Civil Rights and Voting Rights legislation through. JFK wouldn't have bothered making the effort to get it through himself.

Do you think that if it wasn't for LBJ's ability to wrangle the Senate, there might NEVER have been a Civil or Voting Rights Act passing in the US, even today?

Name any politician who cares about the "working class."

None. I take than back. Maybe a few. (they all can't be corrupt can they?)

I'll ask again,

To the Trumpsters

Why do you believe he's any different?

Believe me. You'll never get bored with winning. You'll never get bored!
It will change. We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning.

I went to an Ivy League school. I'm highly educated. I know words. I have the best words, I have the best, but there is no better word than stupid. Right?
And the pièce de résistance
There are people -- I categorize them as life's losers -- who get their sense of accomplishment and achievement from trying to stop others.
(Like everything Obama put in place)

I get overturning the crap that doesn't work but Frump is going out of his way to obliterate everything Obama.
Does he just think of **** and expect it to get done w/o a solid plan? He is a buisnessman and he should know how to set a plan in motion and execute it right?
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

There is a capacity for all citizens to have sympathy and contribute willingly to a social safety net. Many give 10% or more to charity quite freely, I do tax returns as backup to verify this statement...

But eventually too much is too much. LBJ's legislation to spent another bundle of billions on ridding the cities of rats was a final straw before mockery started on him.

Edited by row_33

Sympathy for the death of JFK helped push the Civil Rights and Voting Rights legislation through. JFK wouldn't have bothered making the effort to get it through himself.

Do you think that if it wasn't for LBJ's ability to wrangle the Senate, there might NEVER have been a Civil or Voting Rights Act passing in the US, even today?

I wasn't clear. I was talking about the Civil Rights Act of 1957 when LBJ was the Majority Leader. That took some dirty dealing.

If not for LBJ, who was a class one operator and would have made Hillary blush with his tactics, it would have been another 20 plus years before the Senste would have moved, at least. His role in it all was critical and he was an odd guy to play the part, and maybe the only guy who could have done it. Someone more liberal or more principled could not have gotten it done.

Does he just think of **** and expect it to get done w/o a solid plan? He is a buisnessman and he should know how to set a plan in motion and execute it right?

Yes, he does. Because he's a ****ty businessman.

I wasn't clear. I was talking about the Civil Rights Act of 1957 when LBJ was the Majority Leader. That took some dirty dealing.

If not for LBJ, who was a class one operator and would have made Hillary blush with his tactics, it would have been another 20 plus years before the Senste would have moved, at least. His role in it all was critical and he was an odd guy to play the part, and maybe the only guy who could have done it. Someone more liberal or more principled could not have gotten it done.

Sorry BF, thought you meant the LBJ legislation when he was POTUS.

LBJ was a once-in-a-nation's history leader, had excellent points and worst-ever points as well in his accomplishments. I hope Caro lives long enough to finish his excellent biography of LBJ.

PBS is going forward with an 18-hour Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, first episode in September, MUST WATCH TV.

(speaking of worst-ever things of LBJ's admin...)

Yeah. I've read all 4 volumes so far. I can't imagine a worse guy to get a better treatment. I hope Caro gets a second life and can write biographies of guys like me.

The tragedy of the Manchester Churchill bio was his death before completing volume 3.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

None. I take than back. Maybe a few. (they all can't be corrupt can they?)

I'll ask again,

To the Trumpsters

Why do you believe he's any different?

Believe me. You'll never get bored with winning. You'll never get bored!
It will change. We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning.

I went to an Ivy League school. I'm highly educated. I know words. I have the best words, I have the best, but there is no better word than stupid. Right?
And the pièce de résistance
There are people -- I categorize them as life's losers -- who get their sense of accomplishment and achievement from trying to stop others.
(Like everything Obama put in place)

I get overturning the crap that doesn't work but Frump is going out of his way to obliterate everything Obama.

I think it would help your cause if you do a little digging into this board's history to gauge people's opinion of Trump, the man.

the final Churchill book was a disaster. I preferred Martin Gilbert's work though.

I think it would help your cause if you do a little digging into this board's history to gauge people's opinion of Trump, the man.

How does one dig into the board's history, and why?

People seem to give their views on Trump without being asked. Or holding them back wisely...

How does one dig into the board's history, and why?

Search function at the top of the page.

Why? Because newbs are jumping to the conclusion that everyone who doesn't slam Trump for every single thing is an automatic Trump supporter.

Truth is that most conservatives here thought and still think that Trump is an imbecile, but that doesn't mean that some good things can't get passed through under his watch. As long as he can get distracted for five seconds to allow the adults to finalize things.

Search function at the top of the page.

Why? Because newbs are jumping to the conclusion that everyone who doesn't slam Trump for every single thing is an automatic Trump supporter.

Truth is that most conservatives here thought and still think that Trump is an imbecile, but that doesn't mean that some good things can't get passed through under his watch. As long as he can get distracted for five seconds to allow the adults to finalize things.

QFT.

I said many times during the campaign that The Donald was my 16th choice :D ....He is certainly no Conservative.

But when it came down to Trump or Clinton............it was an easy choice.

He's a buffoon but he in NOT a DC insider, and hopefully will pull us back a little bit from the brink.

Yep. One SCOTUS down. Two to go. Everything else is BS.

You have me in agreement. I would like to see the SCOTUS swing right. I was pro-Gorsuch

I am left, but not enviro left. Definately pro industry and not just because it pertains to my job. The Greenies are just too unreasonable. We can have a clean environment and still promote industry here.

Courts move right, because it is a natural correction against a too liberal society.

Now... Foreign policy, standing in the world, strength of the nation, the Orange Cheeto is a complete trainwreck.

I can see many don't like Frump.

It's the few that appear to, that I was speaking to.

Affordable HC for all.

In 10 years I'll probably be one of the 22 million w/o insurance.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I can see many don't like Frump.

It's the few that appear to, that I was speaking to.

Affordable HC for all.

In 10 years I'll probably be one of the 22 million w/o insurance.

There is a big anti-anti-Trump group. May not like defending Trump but feel comfortable attacking his critics.