Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

We don't pay our doctors mega-millions, they are employees of the provincial government. That keeps costs way down.

We don't pay our doctors mega-millions. We pay their insurers and lawyers mega-millions.

That's one advantage implementing socialized medicine in the US would provide: inescapable tort reform. Can't sue the federal government for incompetence.

Canadians aren't as litigious as our friends in the US, by exponential differences.

I would guess private medical procedure is a third of billings up here? I may be way off though... 4 of the last 10 consultations for me were at private clinics, blended in somehow.

A surgeon friend recently looked into a US practice, he would have increased pay 5-fold but he didn't like the thought of insurance hassles and stayed in toronto.

We don't pay our doctors mega-millions, they are employees of the provincial government. That keeps costs way down.

how are your insurance rates and such for doctors? I bet half as much

Clearly Alf has no idea about the Canadian system - he's too busy eating cats

Canadians aren't as litigious as our friends in the US, by exponential differences.

I would guess private medical procedure is a third of billings up here? I may be way off though... 4 of the last 10 consultations for me were at private clinics, blended in somehow.

A surgeon friend recently looked into a US practice, he would have increased pay 5-fold but he didn't like the thought of insurance hassles and stayed in toronto.

we aren't friends with you, buddy

Less greed more empathy , better for all citizens not just the wealthy.

Empathy doesn't save money. Having a closed system that is only willing to spend X on healthcare as decided by its citizens and an unwillingness to borrow to fund an open end system like ours is probably the case.. that and systematic efficiencies and simplicity of a national system.

how are your insurance rates and such for doctors? I bet half as much

Clearly Alf has no idea about the Canadian system - he's too busy eating cats

we aren't friends with you, buddy

I'm one of the 5% of Canadians who prefers to travel in the US and socialize with y'all.

Empathy doesn't save money. Having a closed system that is only willing to spend X on healthcare as decided by its citizens and an unwillingness to borrow to fund an open end system like ours is probably the case.. that and systematic efficiencies and simplicity of a national system.

Thank you for making sense

• 4 weeks later...

June 2016 - “thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary [Clinton] brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.”

July 2017 - “After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,” Trump wrote online, breaking his message up into multiple posts. "Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you.”

Brad Carson, who served as acting undersecretary of defense for personnel in the Obama administration, called it “unprecedented to roll back a civil rights protection.” Carson, a former Democratic congressman from Oklahoma, oversaw the Pentagon’s decision last year to take steps to ultimately allow transgender troops to serve openly – an implementation plan that Mattis had delayed for six months in June pending additional review. He said that while issues such as medical care and housing for transgender troops were still being grappled with, there was widespread support among the top brass for ensuring the estimated 15,000 transgender troops in the ranks could serve openly.

When he asked the chiefs of the four military branches if they believed transgender troops should be barred from service, Carson recalled in an interview Wednesday, everyone said no.”

“There was no support for this idea that you would drum out the transgender troops.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/trump-transgender-240980

Trump now says he wants to tax the rich

Yet now he's publicly suggesting that he'd be open to taxing the rich if it meant he could help the little guy.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/26/news/economy/trump-tax-the-rich/index.html

Why are you holding Trump to any word he gave? He had no sense of honor or shame. Are you just posting to fill space? Do you think the apologists here care?

JSP will be along any second to say something about Obama because that's what matters.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Why are you holding Trump to any word he gave? He had no sense of honor or shame. Are you just posting to fill space? Do you think the apologists here care?

JSP will be along any second to say something about Obama because that's what matters.

Now you get it? You let anything Trump says enrage/anger/upset you???

LOL!!!!