Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gave you examples above. There's a big difference in the number of times vs their effect on the people and economy

I'm assuming you're referring to Dodd-Frank but I have neither the experience nor facility to debate that with ya.

My point was that it's absurd to suggest this was some kind of new creation by a powermad administration.

It's just hyperbolic fantasy that weakens you in the long run

Edited by Simon

Doh! Just realized you guys were talking about Federal Regulations and not Foreign Relations.

It was an uptick from previous administrations, but again suggesting that he somehow created this is weak sauce

Oh is even remotely suggesting he created this. As GG said it's not the number it's the impact those orders have and will have. The one I mentioned above will likely hurt the very investors it was designed to help.

I'm assuming you're referring to Dodd-Frank but I have neither the experience nor facility to debate that with ya.

My point was that it's absurd to suggest this was some kind of new creation by a powermad administration.

It's just hyperbolic fantasy that weakens you in the long run

No, Dodd-Frank is an abominaton, but it is a law.

We're referring to the unilateral additions to the Federal Register that act as laws, but weren't passed by the chambers.

"Imagine the shock when trump starts utilizing the authoritarian tools BO created?"

That was the post I was responding to

Don't have to imagine it. It's been forewarned for the last 15 months.

No, Dodd-Frank is an abominaton, but it is a law.

We're referring to the unilateral additions to the Federal Register that act as laws, but weren't passed by the chambers.

Don't have to imagine it. It's been forewarned for the last 15 months.

I imagine there were several thousand of them.

I also imagine there were several thousand of them added by a multitude of previous administrations.

The point being that this wasn't something created by the Obama administration

I imagine there were several thousand of them.

I also imagine there were several thousand of them added by a multitude of previous administrations.

The point being that this wasn't something created by the Obama administration

No one has ever argued that. What was pointed out repeatedly to the left is that Obama's supercharged use of the executive orders would give the next occupant (likely a Republican) plenty of precedent to continue the abuse.

No one should say they weren't warned.

Clay Travis Retweeted OU Daily

This college chick’s reaction to the election is why Trump won.

Clay Travis added,

B9r8fzbo592huT9_.jpg
1:12
OU Daily @OUDaily
Here's what last night's results mean to Darian Storms. What do they mean to you?
7:58 PM - 9 Nov 2016
0 replies 115 retweets 302 likes

https://twitter.com/OUDaily/status/796484821786775552

The link has her insane meltdown. It's about a minute or two.

Doh! Just realized you guys were talking about Federal Regulations and not Foreign Relations.

It was an uptick from previous administrations, but again suggesting that he somehow created this is weak sauce

Never said he created it. He certainly expanded greatly on it. And his regulations tended to be much more heavy-handed than previous administrations, specifically because he was using them to side-step Congress.

uepTrmc.jpg

Waaaaaaah, whaaaaaaaaa my candidate lost waaaaaaaah, I didn't get what I want waaaaaaaaaah .... Idiots. And now these protesters. Your candidate lost, get over it. The result was the backlash from years of Obama et al taking things too far in one direction. The correction was inevitable, you just didn't want to see it.

It's just hyperbolic fantasy that weakens you inthe long run

If you don't have the experience or facility to debate on the topic, perhaps it's a good idea to think twice when trying to push a talking point that has been proven hollow over and over again by the very people who are discussing this with you.

You're trying to argue that his EOs couldn't be bad because he didn't sign as many as the other guy, yet simultaneously have no freaking idea the extent to which his EO affect the country. Why would you ever TRY to defend something of which you have so little knowledge?

Just say, "Hey, maybe you guys are right and I should look into a bit more before I try to argue for something of which I know so little."

Try it. It'll fit ya like a glove.

No one has ever argued that.

Never said he created it.

The original post I was responding to said exactly that. "Imagine the shock when trump starts utilizing the authoritarian tools BO created?"

That's what I was responding to. He used fewer executive orders and singing statements but added more Federal Regulations than previous administrations. But to say that he created these things is an implication that he was pulling shlt that previous administrations had never done, but which they had actually been doing very regularly for decades.

Saying things that are clearly not true for no other purpose than to delegitimize your opponent is a huge reason we are so pointlessly entrenched and incapable of taking care of our business. Our government has already reached the point of utter farce and if we continue wasting our time and effort on pointless nonsense like making up lies to insult each other, we are eventually going to reach the point of legitimate dysfunction. And if you combine a fully dysfunctional government with a bankrupt, decaying culture and a deficit we soon wont be able to service, you've just mixed up the ingredients for a bitter End of Empire stew.

Stopping the practice of being self-serving liars just seems like a pretty painless way to try and start this thing going back the other way from an ugly downhill ride so I tried to introduce some truth to an inaccuracy.

If you don't have the experience or facility to debate on the topic, perhaps it's a good idea to think twice

If I wasn't acutely aware of your overriding addiction to partisan tomfoolery, I'd have significant questions about your reading comprehension.

On CNN now they're covering the protests. Some funny **** but also sad at the level of ignorance among these people. One of the protestors just said that Democrats are also to blame because "they" facilitated Trump being elected. :doh:

This ended up in my facebook feed - friend of a friend:

shared MSNBC's video.
6 hrs ·

Why isn't this being covered in the news.

Uh, I thought MSNBC was the news?!?

hat Conversation End

Imagine the shock when trump starts utilizing the authoritarian tools BO created?

To be fair, he didn't "create" them, but he used them with great relish to leverage his agenda in spite of the opposition from the legislative branches of government. Lots of Presidents have used EOs to impart their will on an issue that was blocked in Congress. It's just that B.O.'s objectives were not nuanced, they were used to subvert the political process of LAW MAKING. Executive Orders are as close as we come in this country to autocratic rule, and their use is dangerous and can be a circumvention of the Constitution. That's one reason I won't have an issue with Trump abolishing most of B.O.'s as soon as he get in office.

On another note, I'd be happy if he sets the Justice Department on Khizr Khan. :devil: