gr8billsfan

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They had on Ryan Clark on the Mike N Mike show this morning and he is defending the Sherman "block".. He claims the whistle blew so late he was already in the act of blocking the kick.. He blamed it on the refs for not stopping the play earlier. but really, no matter how it gets spun, Sherman's play was unnecessary roughness. Same thing as when other players on a field shove someone or dive into a pile after a whistle. it wasn't dirty IMO but it was definitely unnecessary and late. Easy call and that would've prevented all the nonsense of the delay of game and ref standing over the ball till 4 seconds on the clock.

It was dirty and intentional.

He left waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the ball was snapped. He knew he was offside. He dove at the kicker's leg while the ball was dead.

There's no writing this one off. He did it on purpose and doesn't care that it was illegal and dangerous.

That's Richard Sherman. He's an a-hole.

No. The "hot takes" are by the posters whining about the officiating over the last 16 years of sucking, and using the refs as a scapegoat over and over and over again. Not the owner, not the GM, not the coaches, not the players...it's the friggin' officials that are keeping the Bills out of the playoffs.

You forgot the injury excuse. That gets Buffalo every year.

Yet, at WR, Robert Woods goes for 10 and 162 and people still say the receiving group is battered. Charles Clay targeted 4 times.

The Bills are what they are.

And mistake number 3 was Cliff Avril being offside on final play of game, and not to mention Sherman destroying the WR in endzone 35 yards away from the play. Just blows my mind.

Illegal contact on Woods too, who was actually the targeted WR on the play

You forgot the injury excuse. That gets Buffalo every year.

Yet, at WR, Robert Woods goes for 10 and 162 and people still say the receiving group is battered. Charles Clay targeted 4 times.

The Bills are what they are.

Oleary was targeted 0 times. The Horror.

It was dirty and intentional.

He left waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the ball was snapped. He knew he was offside. He dove at the kicker's leg while the ball was dead.

There's no writing this one off. He did it on purpose and doesn't care that it was illegal and dangerous.

That's Richard Sherman. He's an a-hole.

That little shrug he did afterwards did get me

I've come to accept the fact that part of becoming a good team means being able to overcome poor officiating that goes against you.

And you'd be wrong.

How exactly? If a team loses 4 games due to poor officiating would you consider them good?

I've come to accept the fact that part of becoming a good team means being able to overcome poor officiating that goes against you.

How exactly? If a team loses 4 games due to poor officiating would you consider them good?

Because officials can negate plays. Negate the right play and you change the outcome of any close game.

I cannot think of a time when the Bills or Sabres were beneficiaries of outrageously blown calls like last night or No Goal etc.

Closest thing I remember is Beebe coming in from out of bounds in the comeback game.

No goal, forward lateral in Nashville and just give it to him dwarf that though. They arguably all into the intent category.

They are covering there back sides. Taylor rolled left. He was not scrambling. They are saying it is legal. That is a reputation call. If that was a guy like Brady, they would have thrown the flag. Powell was interfered with when crossing. The defender makes blatant contact to slow him up. If they are now saying you can knock a receiver down or flatten him when the QB is out of the pocket, that is a game changer.

All those blown calls actually did have an immense effect on the outcome of the game. It totally changes how plays are called, strategy.....everything. Could we have still won yes, but maybe we would've been playing with a lead not playing catch up.