john murphy bills propaganda machine

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to Murph and Donald a good amount and think both do a good job. Don't always agree with them but for the most part think they have decent interviews and are pretty fair. Of course they're going to be a little bias, just as most other guys who cover one team and are around the same organization every day.

do you guys realize every time the bills is upset at a player or done with them, the first person to call them out is JOHN MURPHY...Last year after the game in London he loudly proclaim I am done with EJ Manuel.. granted EJ played poorly, but did he mention how horrible the defense played that day, especially giving up the winning touchdown drive.. Now on the trade deadline him and his new side kick jumps all over Gilmore... these guys are still on the team, Murphy works for the bills, does he ever intend to talk to these guys again... on the flip side Dareus has had a horrible season but he is celebrating his return. not once discussing how this guy has lets down the fans, organization and teammates. Murphy is the mainly defender of all the lousy bills head coaches until they leave. He defended Marrone until he quit on the bills, then he could even mention his name.. That's why he was done with EJ after London. Through all the changes over the years, the one constant is Murphy and Chris Brown. I find this guy to be so unprofessional and always wonder why players and fans tolerate is bias, one-sided organizational view point. but if you want to know what the organization is thinking listen to this guy... So bye, bye Gilmore and EJ, hope you guys find better success somewhere else

You definitely know who is staying or leaving by listening to Murph.

All Murph ever cared about was getting Van Millers job.

good motive. smart business move. only 32 of those jobs in the world. ends justify the means. the guys a homer, that's the job. deal with it. he's not some up and down maniacal poster on TSW... he's a Bills booster... that's what you get out of that position. go listen to other guys who have more of an "opinion show" focus

do you guys realize every time the bills is upset at a player or done with them, the first person to call them out is JOHN MURPHY...Last year after the game in London he loudly proclaim I am done with EJ Manuel.. granted EJ played poorly, but did he mention how horrible the defense played that day, especially giving up the winning touchdown drive.. Now on the trade deadline him and his new side kick jumps all over Gilmore... these guys are still on the team, Murphy works for the bills, does he ever intend to talk to these guys again... on the flip side Dareus has had a horrible season but he is celebrating his return. not once discussing how this guy has lets down the fans, organization and teammates. Murphy is the mainly defender of all the lousy bills head coaches until they leave. He defended Marrone until he quit on the bills, then he could even mention his name.. That's why he was done with EJ after London. Through all the changes over the years, the one constant is Murphy and Chris Brown. I find this guy to be so unprofessional and always wonder why players and fans tolerate is bias, one-sided organizational view point. but if you want to know what the organization is thinking listen to this guy... So bye, bye Gilmore and EJ, hope you guys find better success somewhere else

You do realize there is a button on your radio. If you don't like him you just push it and he goes away.

I listen to Murph and Donald a good amount and think both do a good job. Don't always agree with them but for the most part think they have decent interviews and are pretty fair. Of course they're going to be a little bias, just as most other guys who cover one team and are around the same organization every day.

This

I have said it before but I find the apologists who seek out fans to be mad at tend to be the more negative, humorless types.

I gotta' give Cubs fans credit.......as a fanbase they were so in touch with their teams hilarious COMPLETE ineptitude that they were virtually without ego and very classy in victory.

If the Bills won a Super Bowl their apologists would be screaming Brady sucks and acting a fool and all kinds of b*llshit trying to somehow get back the perceived dignity they've lost.

It's a pro sports team..........you don't own it and you aren't alumni........it's just a product.......it's ok to hold them accountable for failure.

Some people go overboard -- on both sides -- but I disagree with this statement. I mean, seriously, has ScottLaw ever provided an ounce of humor on this board? :lol:

The last sentence will never hit home with a select few.

Seriously, it's ok to criticize your favorite sports team. You can still root for them and criticize. Some people don't understand that.

Case in point.

good motive. smart business move. only 32 of those jobs in the world. ends justify the means. the guys a homer, that's the job. deal with it. he's not some up and down maniacal poster on TSW... he's a Bills booster... that's what you get out of that position. go listen to other guys who have more of an "opinion show" focus

It's true there are only 32 of those jobs in the world. You would think there'd be tremendous demand for them, and yet Murphy sucks at it, as do MANY of the NFL TV announcers. I don't get it.

It's true there are only 32 of those jobs in the world. You would think there'd be tremendous demand for them, and yet Murphy sucks at it, as do MANY of the NFL TV announcers. I don't get it.

There are very few football announcers whom I enjoy listening to. Don Criqui was one, but he's lost a step.

In all sports, Rick Jeanneret is my favorite.

For lots of the announcers I hear on ESPN, I think they have to attend a mandatory workshop on "Best practices in sounding excited" and it comes across as just not genuine.

I don't disagree with much in this thread regarding Murph,etc but the typical response of if you don't like it don't listen is rich.

What other options are there for sports coverage for the Bills/Sabres? If you don't have satellite, options for any sports in general are slim to nil.

Edited by HeHateMe

I understand that Murph has to be a corporate man. The issue I have is how it comes across as him thinking the fans are idiots. Many of the callers are idiots, but he seems to dismiss any criticism of the team and players as the fan being uninformed. I don't mind him trying to avoid criticizing players himself. What I do mind is him dismissing every negative thought the fans have. I think it makes him sound condescending, and arrogant. Even if that isn't the intent.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I understand that Miller has to be a corporate man. The issue I have is how it comes across as him thinking the fans are idiots. Many of the callers are idiots, but he seems to dismiss any criticism of the team and players as the fan being uninformed. I don't mind him trying to avoid criticizing players himself. What I do mind is him dismissing every negative thought the fans have. I think it makes him sound condescending, and arrogant. Even if that isn't the intent.

Who is Miller? Is he some other Bills' commentator unheard of?

I love Murph and I enjoy his show with Donald Jones.

It is nice to have a local sports show that actually does some background work and books guests and talks about sports.

I don't need him to be bitter or nasty. I can form my own opinions.

I think he's great

Pretty much how I feel too. It is actually nice to be able to turn a show on where you don't just hear all bitching and whining about how bad everything sucks.

People have a right to complain and B word about the Bills, but you would think they would reach a limit fairly quickly. All some on this board do is find a dead horse to keep beating day after day after day, thread after thread after thread. You would think they would try to find a little optimism in life somehow somewhere. I can't imagine going through life letting myself be that miserable all the time especially about a sport.

Pretty much how I feel too. It is actually nice to be able to turn a show on where you don't just hear all bitching and whining about how bad everything sucks.

People have a right to complain and B word about the Bills, but you would think they would reach a limit fairly quickly. All some on this board do is find a dead horse to keep beating day after day after day, thread after thread after thread. You would think they would try to find a little optimism in life somehow somewhere. I can't imagine going through life letting myself be that miserable all the time especially about a sport.

Football is about winning, you're going to hear a dead horse get beat during a 16 year playoff drought, like or not. Avoiding the topic is like living in fairly tale land. I don't want constant negativity either, but I don't want the opposite. There is nothing wrong with finding a position somewhere in between. I for one am not "miserable" all the time over a sport, but when we talk about the Bills we have every right to criticize the incompetence. I can find the "optimism" in plenty areas of life, but that's separate from how I and many others feel about this poorly run organization. I loved the big victories and the 4-2, but when reality strikes again there's nothing wrong with addressing it. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I have said it before but I find the apologists who seek out fans to be mad at tend to be the more negative, humorless types.

I gotta' give Cubs fans credit.......as a fanbase they were so in touch with their teams hilarious COMPLETE ineptitude that they were virtually without ego and very classy in victory.

If the Bills won a Super Bowl their apologists would be screaming Brady sucks and acting a fool and all kinds of b*llshit trying to somehow get back the perceived dignity they've lost.

It's a pro sports team..........you don't own it and you aren't alumni........it's just a product.......it's ok to hold them accountable for failure.

I don't think so. Look how we treated Norwood after wide right. People here in Cleveland are very similar to Buffalo, there was no rioting or arrogance, everyone was extremely grateful after the Cavs finally lifted the championship curse off of this town. Republican convention came to town and everyone was happy to be hosting a national event, politics took a back seat.

It's no surprise after all their suffering, Cubs fans were grateful to have the weight lifted from them. Bills fans will be the same when we finally win a superbowl, there's nothing to be arrogant about when things like this finally become real.

Edited by GaryPinC

Aren't you the person who just whined that somebody said Miller instead of Murphy on an internet message board? (Did you think nobody else mentioned that because people know when you're just typing posts to a thread, you make those types of mistakes?)