Why is ALynn getting a pass for Cheats gameplan?

Lets also look at 1st FG.

1st goal 6 - Throwaway under pressure, Receivers open though

2nd goal 6 - Run stuffed

3rd and goal from 5 - Bush open ball overthrown

Again 2 out of 3 Playcalls that were open Exectution at fault not playcall

Want a bad playcall... wildcat late in MIA.

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I spent 40 minutes this morning painstakingly going over the play by play from the first half. I wanted to show that all this "Mike didn't get the rock more because the Bills fell behind" is a bunch of crap. ALynn designed a game plan to come out throwing on a rainy and windy day, when TD Mike was ripping off huges chunks of yardage on the ground. I'll spare you all the details, but bottom line, this was the Bills play mix in the 1st half

12 runs (not including TT scrambles)

30 passes (when TT dropped back)

That's right, ALynn dialed up 2.5x as many pass plays as running plays, in a game they didn't trail by more than 11 points. So please don't give me the BS that the Bills fell behind. We abandoned the run, just like Gailey, Fairchild, Hackett, and all other Bills OC's since Wade Phillips.

The worst sequence was with :48 secs left, 2TO's from the Cheats 31 yard line. Three incomplete passes later, Carp doinks the FG and Marcia gets :32 to work. So when Gostokowski makes the 51 yd FG at the end of the half, what do I read in the articles describing it? It's karma, Bills v Pats in a nutshell. No, it's not karma, it's because our coaches are consistently stupid in critical game situations. ALynn had plenty of time and TO's to call a running play. Sweep to the sidelines? Up the gut? Why not? Because we are stupid. We saved all that time for the Cheats and just handed them a 6 point swing.

I am so tired of stupid coaches and coordinators for the Bills. I swear that most people on this board could have done a better job than ALynn. We certainly would have given Mike the rock as often as possible. ARGH.

So what's your point. You want people to spend the whole week complaining? Nobody is happy when we lose, but is it really that important to crap over as many people as possible? Lynn has appeared to have done a pretty good job after being hired during the season, so we lose to the Patriots and people have a collective heart attack. It's getting ridiculous.

We matched the Pats in time of possession, yardage, first downs and turnovers. They executed on third down, we did not with a bunch of castoff receivers. Must be Lynn's fault.

I'd say it's both the offense and defenses fault. They execute 3rd and 15 better than the bills execute 3rd and 1. They are a professional rally driver and the bills are the kid that got his first car with a stick shift. Edited by The Wiz

Tom Brady and the Patriots hang 41 on the Bills at home and the discussion is the poor OFFENSIVE game plan?

I do not see anyone suggesting the offensive play calling was the only reason they lost. It was a factor when they were still on n it.

Lets run anothet OC out of town. At some point maybe people will start looking at the execution of the players

Pegula ran the last one out of town.

No, if the OC isn't performing, the obvious remedy is to fire Rob Ryan.

Which one's Rob Ryan?

Yep we abandoned the run way too early. It is okay saying "Tyrod didn't execute." Sure. But Lynn should know by now what he has and adjust the plan accordingly.

My question remains though if the plays are open (doesnt matter run or pass) if they were open and not executed it that on the OC or the Players?

My question remains though if the plays are open (doesnt matter run or pass) if they were open and not executed it that on the OC or the Players?

It is on them both. Lynn knows he has a QB with questionable accuracy, he has a run game that is clicking and yet he puts the game on the former not the latter. That was not good coaching whichever way you slice it.

I wanna say Tyrod audibled, or checked out of a few runs early on. Obviously as the game wore on, it became clear that we had to abandon the run.

FTR, I think he's doing a good job with the chess pieces that are available to him. We're putting up points.

I agree with the OP. Lynn did not do a good job with what was available to him. On Sunday, Gillislee was the best player on offense and Lynn chose to ignore him.

It is on them both. Lynn knows he has a QB with questionable accuracy, he has a run game that is clicking and yet he puts the game on the former not the latter. That was not good coaching whichever way you slice it.

Ok so now we want the OC to take the ball out of the QBs hands. Sorry there is a big decision cash wise for him. He cant compete a 7 yard pass there is issuse.

Now the other thing this season Taylor and the offense actually have been.very good in the redzone

Edited by MAJBobby

I haven;t reviewed the game like you have so most likely you can provide better insight, but from watching it sunday, it really seemed like the bills were trying to exploit new england through the deep passing game. I almost think he outcoached himself. He probably thought Belichick would have 8 or 9 guys in the box so he overthought it and stuck with the passing game. Very curious cause Gillislee was ripping off big plays all game. Almost seems like he only trusts McCoy consistently

Ugh. I spent 40 minutes this morning painstakingly going over the play by play from the first half. I wanted to show that all this "Mike didn't get the rock more because the Bills fell behind" is a bunch of crap. ALynn designed a game plan to come out throwing on a rainy and windy day, when TD Mike was ripping off huges chunks of yardage on the ground. I'll spare you all the details, but bottom line, this was the Bills play mix in the 1st half

12 runs (not including TT scrambles)

30 passes (when TT dropped back)

That's right, ALynn dialed up 2.5x as many pass plays as running plays, in a game they didn't trail by more than 11 points. So please don't give me the BS that the Bills fell behind. We abandoned the run, just like Gailey, Fairchild, Hackett, and all other Bills OC's since Wade Phillips.

The worst sequence was with :48 secs left, 2TO's from the Cheats 31 yard line. Three incomplete passes later, Carp doinks the FG and Marcia gets :32 to work. So when Gostokowski makes the 51 yd FG at the end of the half, what do I read in the articles describing it? It's karma, Bills v Pats in a nutshell. No, it's not karma, it's because our coaches are consistently stupid in critical game situations. ALynn had plenty of time and TO's to call a running play. Sweep to the sidelines? Up the gut? Why not? Because we are stupid. We saved all that time for the Cheats and just handed them a 6 point swing.

I am so tired of stupid coaches and coordinators for the Bills. I swear that most people on this board could have done a better job than ALynn. We certainly would have given Mike the rock as often as possible. ARGH.

Wait. You expect Bills to run the ball with 48 seconds to go, down by 14 and them being at the 31 yard line?

Please name an OC who would call a run in that situation?

Tom Brady and the Patriots hang 41 on the Bills at home and the discussion is the poor OFFENSIVE game plan?

Tom Brady and the Patriots hang 41 on the Bills at home and we should have run more?

It did seem odd that we were throwing the ball when our WR corps was so depleted. I just figured it was because ALynn knew we needed to score a lot to keep up with Brady.

I was more upset in the Miami game where we should have pounded one of the worst run defenses in the NFL with MG.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Freddie is right on the money here. You run first on the Pats because you need to control clock and keep Brady from scoring 41 points. Ironically, our gameplan against Brissett was to run and control time of possession, but we changed that up for some reason against Brady and it made zero sense.

The play calling before halftime is a perfect example, I'm glad you brought that up. It was Jauron-like: No sense for clock, situation, time outs remaining for both teams and what plays needed to be called. It's not that complicated. We were all saying "do not pass goddamn you Lynn" on those last few plays. They did, we paid the price.

Didn't cost us the game, but was an embarrassing coaching error. It felt like the 12 men on the field penalty: no respectable coach should ever get called for that. Ever.

Freddie is right on the money here. You run first on the Pats because you need to control clock and keep Brady from scoring 41 points. Ironically, our gameplan against Brissett was to run and control time of possession, but we changed that up for some reason against Brady and it made zero sense.

The play calling before halftime is a perfect example, I'm glad you brought that up. It was Jauron-like: No sense for clock, situation, time outs remaining for both teams and what plays needed to be called. It's not that complicated. We were all saying "do not pass goddamn you Lynn" on those last few plays. They did, we paid the price.

Didn't cost us the game, but was an embarrassing coaching error. It felt like the 12 men on the field penalty: no respectable coach should ever get called for that. Ever.

Didn't Belicek get called for that?

Are you making this statement after looking at the drive charts or by looking at the run/pass mix for the entire game?