Why is ALynn getting a pass for Cheats gameplan?

Freddie is right on the money here. You run first on the Pats because you need to control clock and keep Brady from scoring 41 points. Ironically, our gameplan against Brissett was to run and control time of possession, but we changed that up for some reason against Brady and it made zero sense.

The play calling before halftime is a perfect example, I'm glad you brought that up. It was Jauron-like: No sense for clock, situation, time outs remaining for both teams and what plays needed to be called. It's not that complicated. We were all saying "do not pass goddamn you Lynn" on those last few plays. They did, we paid the price.

Didn't cost us the game, but was an embarrassing coaching error. It felt like the 12 men on the field penalty: no respectable coach should ever get called for that. Ever.

Problem is on drive 1 we scored 3 and not 7; which you cannot do when you play Brady, you need TDs and not FGs. Once it was 7-3 on the next series, you better do everything you can to score that TD and hope you only give up 3 get a to or grab a punt. If that doesn't happen, you aren't running that much more, especially once you are down 2 scores...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is on drive 1 we scored 3 and not 7; which you cannot do when you play Brady, you need TDs and not FGs. Once it was 7-3 on the next series, you better do everything you can to score that TD and hope you only give up 3 get a to or grab a punt. If that doesn't happen, you aren't running that much more, especially once you are down 2 scores...

They got it to 7-3.

Then we went three and out.

Then they got it to 14-3.

Game plan: window--with 14:50 to go in the second quarter.

Edited by The Big Cat

What's wrong with a QB throwing the ball 30 times? Isn't a FRANCHISE QB playing at home supposed to carry his team on his back against an average defense?

If this team gets down we have a poor chance of coming back.

If we get down 4 points or more at any point in the game, our chances are precisely 9.1%, if Tyrod is the QB (given his record to date).

Ugh. I spent 40 minutes this morning painstakingly going over the play by play from the first half. I wanted to show that all this "Mike didn't get the rock more because the Bills fell behind" is a bunch of crap. ALynn designed a game plan to come out throwing on a rainy and windy day, when TD Mike was ripping off huges chunks of yardage on the ground. I'll spare you all the details, but bottom line, this was the Bills play mix in the 1st half

12 runs (not including TT scrambles)

30 passes (when TT dropped back)

That's right, ALynn dialed up 2.5x as many pass plays as running plays, in a game they didn't trail by more than 11 points. So please don't give me the BS that the Bills fell behind. We abandoned the run, just like Gailey, Fairchild, Hackett, and all other Bills OC's since Wade Phillips.

The worst sequence was with :48 secs left, 2TO's from the Cheats 31 yard line. Three incomplete passes later, Carp doinks the FG and Marcia gets :32 to work. So when Gostokowski makes the 51 yd FG at the end of the half, what do I read in the articles describing it? It's karma, Bills v Pats in a nutshell. No, it's not karma, it's because our coaches are consistently stupid in critical game situations. ALynn had plenty of time and TO's to call a running play. Sweep to the sidelines? Up the gut? Why not? Because we are stupid. We saved all that time for the Cheats and just handed them a 6 point swing.

I am so tired of stupid coaches and coordinators for the Bills. I swear that most people on this board could have done a better job than ALynn. We certainly would have given Mike the rock as often as possible. ARGH.

Rex Fired Greg Roman for doing this same thing against the Ravens and Jets. A Lynn now did this both against the Dolphins and Patriots. 22 rushes for 67 yards against Miami. This after rushing 44 times for 313 yards against the 49ers the week previous.

If Rex fires Lynn do we get David Lee or Aaron Kromer as the next OC?

All I can think of is he panicked as most OC's do in that situation and we all saw Chan Gailey do it every time the team was down as little as 3 points.

After that first drive that netted a FG the Bills came out in their second series and got a 5 yard run on first down by Gillislee and the next two plays were passes. It stinks that both passes were on the money and dropped probably because of the rain. After that, you would think that the OC would realize IT'S RAINING, so let's run the ball more.

Anyway, All i can think of is Gillislee was listed as questionable leading up to the game and he was taking quite a beating during the game. Reggie Bush and Jon Williams were both no help as Bush had 2 carries for -8 yards and Williams 5 carries for 12 yards a 2.4 YPC avg.

If Shady's hammy doesn't get better It's too late to bring in Spiller. Perhaps Ray Rice or Knile Davis? Maybe sign Karlos off the Steelers PS if he is finally in game shape.

No, if the OC isn't performing, the obvious remedy is to fire Rob Ryan.

I thought we were going to hold Whaley accountable! We need to calm down and watch a few more weeks of football. After the first two weeks, we were expecting to be 1-7 at this point. We are not really that far off from playoff. Middle-of-the-road teams often get hot and go on a run. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Last I checked, nobody is consulting us on hiring and firing decisions.

Freddie is right on the money here. You run first on the Pats because you need to control clock and keep Brady from scoring 41 points. Ironically, our gameplan against Brissett was to run and control time of possession, but we changed that up for some reason against Brady and it made zero sense.

The play calling before halftime is a perfect example, I'm glad you brought that up. It was Jauron-like: No sense for clock, situation, time outs remaining for both teams and what plays needed to be called. It's not that complicated. We were all saying "do not pass goddamn you Lynn" on those last few plays. They did, we paid the price.

Didn't cost us the game, but was an embarrassing coaching error. It felt like the 12 men on the field penalty: no respectable coach should ever get called for that. Ever.

No we all were not. There werr alot saying dont get conservative and play for 3. Go get 7.

They got it to 7-3.

Then they got it to 14-3.

Game plan: window--with 14:50 to go in the second quarter.

One of those 3 and outs was a direct result of back to back drops by Clay and Tate

Whatever Lynn's gameplan was it certainly was not at all like the successful Week 4 gameplan. Week 4 was all about the quick game, 3 step drops, slants hitches etc...which TT executed surprisingly well. There was very little of that week 8. ALynn was definitely calling more intermediate and deep routes.

Belichick frequently rushed 3 and dropped 8 in the 1st half and naturally this clogged up passing lanes.. so the wuick game wasn't really there to be had. A Lynn probably should have called more draw plays. and more called TT runs to get them out of that.