Nothing, and I mean NOTHING Matters Without a QB

Colts problem is they have no offensive line and a pathetic D. Their GM might be one of the worst ever...

Ravens are a team in transition with older and younger guys with not enough help at skill positions

Chargers always have an offense, but can never field a defense. A shame really since Rivers is HOF great...

To some extent I could assign these excuses to the Bills too. You have a QB that's generally scrambling for his life out there every week, a JV receiving group even when healthy, and a defense that never seems to make the big stop against a big opponent along with allowing too many big plays when the game is on the line.

Not to say I don't agree you need a physically and mentally gifted QB but there are a lot of other things that need to happen around that guy to make it work.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To some extent I could assign these excuses to the Bills too. You have a QB that's generally scrambling for his life out there every week, a JV receiving group even when healthy, and a defense that never seems to make the big stop against a big opponent along with allowing too many big plays when the game is on the line.

Not to say I don't agree you need a physically and mentally gifted QB but there are a lot of other things that need to happen around that guy to make it work.

tyrod is probably never going to have a better OL than he has now.

When healthy this is likely also just about the best skill position talent he will see.

ill buy that the injuries at WR/RB are a major challenge but injuries happen and we need a guy that can step up and steal a game or two when the chips are down around him if we want to be a contender. otherwise we are just hoping to be incredibly lucky.

Edited by NoSaint

Our OL is not that bad, the all 22 shows there are plays to be made and we leave them all over the field. Other QBS make plays with not great WRs, big difference is ball placement and not hanging them out to drive and requiring HOF skills to catch errant throws...

Defense gets gassed because we are close to leading the league in 3 and outs. One could actually argue that we could be a really good D, if they aren't on the field the entire game. I know in the Phins game we gave them along first drive of the game, but at the end, they were gassed. NE game isn't worth talking about, Brady is Brady..

tyrod is probably never going to have a better OL than he has now.

When healthy this is likely also just about the best skill position talent he will see.

ill buy that the injuries at WR/RB are a major challenge but injuries happen and we need a guy that can step up and steal a game or two when the chips are down around him if we want to be a contender. otherwise we are just hoping to be incredibly lucky.

TT has not shown the ability to step up and win a game and he has had chances...sigh

Colts problem is they have no offensive line and a pathetic D. Their GM might be one of the worst ever...

Ravens are a team in transition with older and younger guys with not enough help at skill positions

Chargers always have an offense, but can never field a defense. A shame really since Rivers is HOF great...

You are forgetting the saints the past few years. If Drew Brees isn't elite, who is?

Hardly, JV. Watkins, Woods, Clay, Hogan seems to be doing just fine with a real QB in New England.

The QB is the straw that stirs the drink, when he stinks he makes everyone else look bad.

As for TT pass yards and complaining about the 5th, 6th, 7th WR option on the team. I doesn't matter, TT still has the same stats regardless of who his WRs are. The guy stinks. Time to move on, again, my god this gets old.

"Success is not guaranteed with a great QB, but failure almost certainly is without one."

-Confucius

It's true. To me this season was never about wins or losses or trying to squeak into the playoffs as a pretender. It was about TT and if he could prove he's our guy. It's just not happening.

Unfortunately, he's just good enough to keep the coach and GM from getting fired, so he's going to be here 2 more years. Drink up.

this just isn't true IMO.

Again, I'll say IN MY OPINION

but Tom Brady was just a game manager when he won his first 3 with the Pats. Those teams were defensive driven. Much like Ben Rothlisberger when he won his 2. Defense, was the better unit in those teams by far. QBs that could manage the game and not make stupid mistakes.

Eli Manning was in a similar situation, nobody has ever called him an elite QB, or even a great QB. But he's need average to good most of the time and had some season where he hasn't made stupid decision and lost games for his teams. Like when he won 2 SUperbowls against the Pats when their offenses were at an NFL greatest. Defense won those games as well.

With that being said, a great QB will get you into those positions to be in the consideration of Super Bowl much easier than a really good defense will.

What's crazy is he had such a good deep ball last year. This year.... Nothing

Yeah, tell that to Andrew Luck :)

I sure am in the minority. I like TT. Yesterday he was working with receivers that were not on the "A" squad from day one. Wood was not even 50%. Throw long? To who? No running back. Gellsie had his bell rung in the first quarter. Our great tight end Clay did What again? Get dinged. How can you blame TT. And Gilmore blames Meeks and crys like a baby. How many times did he get beat. TT got tackled ten yards out of bounds and no flag. He was dinged. It was a rough day. I expect better times ahead.

I sure am in the minority. I like TT. Yesterday he was working with receivers that were not on the "A" squad from day one. Wood was not even 50%. Throw long? To who? No running back. Gellsie had his bell rung in the first quarter. Our great tight end Clay did What again? Get dinged. How can you blame TT. And Gilmore blames Meeks and crys like a baby. How many times did he get beat. TT got tackled ten yards out of bounds and no flag. He was dinged. It was a rough day. I expect better times ahead.

Careful Diehard, those reasonable thoughts are not welcome on this board. You are much better off recommending the Bills start a rookie QB who couldn't win the starting job in college.