Nothing, and I mean NOTHING Matters Without a QB

If I was Terry Pegula, I would tell the front office that if they can't make a trade happen, a QB needs to be drafted every single year until a pocket passer is found. I would love to have a below average defense who has a QB that can actually move the ball down the field. The Raiders seem to be down every single week and they turn to the pass game to get them out of trouble. Please, no more running QBS and a coach who still thinks defense and running backs win games. If Rex really thinks that Tyrod is everything they need, we are in deep trouble.

I would rather see a track-meet up and down the field than than what looks to be to be the most boring product in the league. I left with 12 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter yesterday because I have seen the same song and dance a thouuuuuuuuusand times. At the tailgate, I said that it would be a miracle if Buffalo was still in this game in the 3rd quarter. Not a bold prediction in any way but pathetic all the same. If this team is supposed to be based on defense, what the hell is happening in games like Jets, Miami and New England? Seriously, there is no identity and it's time to get with the times and understand that without a QB with accuracy, the drought will continue year after year after year. Is it easy to find, I doubt it but you can't tell me that Buffalo has exhausted all possibilities.

Maybe they go and beat Seattle and keep the season alive or maybe the season dies again in November. All I know is that they should not be this predictable in outcomes and the penalties are beyond inexcusable....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few teams have won a championship without an elite, franchise QB. The ravens, the bucs and most recently the broncos. But it took an incredibly awesome defense to compensate.

I can understand where the Bills and other teams are going-ground and pound with solid defense- because there just aren't that many elite QBs to go around. But they need to keep looking (hard) and hope to eventually land one.

Edited by jethro_tull

you really have to hit on the other 52 roster spots without a top 10 qb.

and paying a guy to be the qb makes that even harder to do.

its going to sound completely counter intuitive, but part of me wants to see tyrod really play a little more wide open -- even if we see a few more turnovers, id be curious to see what he is capable of before the payday

its going to sound completely counter intuitive, but part of me wants to see tyrod really play a little more wide open -- even if we see a few more turnovers, id be curious to see what he is capable of before the payday

NO NO NO...TURNOVER MARGIN IS SACROSANCT IN THE CHURCH OF TYROD

Very few teams have won a championship without an elite, franchise QB. The ravens, the bucs and most recently the broncos. But it took an incredibly awesome defense to compensate.

I can understand where the Bills and other teams are going-ground and pound with solid defense- because there just aren't that many elite QBs to go around. But they need to keep looking (hard) and hope to eventually land one.

this just isn't true IMO.

Again, I'll say IN MY OPINION

but Tom Brady was just a game manager when he won his first 3 with the Pats. Those teams were defensive driven. Much like Ben Rothlisberger when he won his 2. Defense, was the better unit in those teams by far. QBs that could manage the game and not make stupid mistakes.

Eli Manning was in a similar situation, nobody has ever called him an elite QB, or even a great QB. But he's need average to good most of the time and had some season where he hasn't made stupid decision and lost games for his teams. Like when he won 2 SUperbowls against the Pats when their offenses were at an NFL greatest. Defense won those games as well.

With that being said, a great QB will get you into those positions to be in the consideration of Super Bowl much easier than a really good defense will.

What's crazy is he had such a good deep ball last year. This year.... Nothing

Exactly, these throws to the sideline where either our receiver or the D coordinator can catch have got to stop....

I agree and we need to see this...

If I was Terry Pegula, I would tell the front office that if they can't make a trade happen, a QB needs to be drafted every single year until a pocket passer is found. I would love to have a below average defense who has a QB that can actually move the ball down the field. The Raiders seem to be down every single week and they turn to the pass game to get them out of trouble. Please, no more running QBS and a coach who still thinks defense and running backs win games. If Rex really thinks that Tyrod is everything they need, we are in deep trouble.

I would rather see a track-meet up and down the field than than what looks to be to be the most boring product in the league. I left with 12 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter yesterday because I have seen the same song and dance a thouuuuuuuuusand times. At the tailgate, I said that it would be a miracle if Buffalo was still in this game in the 3rd quarter. Not a bold prediction in any way but pathetic all the same. If this team is supposed to be based on defense, what the hell is happening in games like Jets, Miami and New England? Seriously, there is no identity and it's time to get with the times and understand that without a QB with accuracy, the drought will continue year after year after year. Is it easy to find, I doubt it but you can't tell me that Buffalo has exhausted all possibilities.

Maybe they go and beat Seattle and keep the season alive or maybe the season dies again in November. All I know is that they should not be this predictable in outcomes and the penalties are beyond inexcusable....

Tyrod's not the guy. Don't give him his huge pay day and keep looking, as you suggest.

Me too. Before the end of the season we need to put him full sink or swim territory, especially if we are out of contention.

We need to know whether to pay the man or not. Right now. I wouldn't and would spend half of his salary on Hoyer and save the money to bolster the WRs and deal up for a QB in 2018. I really want him to be the answer, but the accuracy issue is never ever correctable

But unfortunately even a QB is but one part of the puzzle. See Colts, Ravens and Chargers.

Colts problem is they have no offensive line and a pathetic D. Their GM might be one of the worst ever...

Ravens are a team in transition with older and younger guys with not enough help at skill positions

Chargers always have an offense, but can never field a defense. A shame really since Rivers is HOF great...

While I agree TT has looked shaky at best, he needs to get some "bonus points" added to his overall value for scrambling and escapability and also for having to throw to likely the worst group of WR's in the league. Having said that I don't think a healthy Watkins and ODB as a #2 guy and Gronk as a TE would improve the accuracy. To me that's the biggest issue I have with him

This idea of drafting a QB every year to me is just plain dumb as you'll never figure out if any of them are any good. See the NY Jets for example, 4 roster spots being taken up by QB's and have no idea if any of them can play other than Fitz. Backup QB's get like 6 snaps per week with the #1 team, not anywhere near enough to figure things out. With the new CBA that limits practice reps makes it tougher even the off season.

I'm fine with drafting/acquiring a guy, but hand him the keys to the bus and let him drive it for two to three years and figure out what you have. Basically what was done with EJ and TT. If it works great, if not then move on. Maybe by year #3 you can draft another prospect if things aren't looking real high, but drafting every year will never work in the NFL unless it's solely for a backup.

Hard to field a good team around QB when he takes up too much cap space. If you're truely elite, i.e. Brady, Rodgers, Manning you can make mediocre guys around you look real good. But a step below that Andrew Luck level, you are just sucking up too much cap space with not enough left over to put a strong enough team around him.

Colts problem is they have no offensive line and a pathetic D. Their GM might be one of the worst ever...

Ravens are a team in transition with older and younger guys with not enough help at skill positions

Chargers always have an offense, but can never field a defense. A shame really since Rivers is HOF great...

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

If it helps us have fewer three and outs, I'll take a few turnovers. If we start at the 20, and throw an INT to the 50, thats basically the same as us punting sometimes, so why not.