A few thoughts about the Pats* Game (Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

He's a physical wreck at the end of his career so, yeah, why not waste a ton of money and high draft picks on him. After all, that's the real "Bills Way."

We need him for a year until we see what Cardale Jones can do. Who cares about money?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can agree to disagree on this. I believe that TT's legs have extended drives and scored TD's that other QB's can't do. It doesn't make him elite, but it puts him in the 12-15 range of top QB's.

Im in 10 team fantasy league where everyone carries 2 team QBs and rushing yards are a point per 10 yards......nobody has Tyrod on their team. 12-15 is dreaming. Here's 16 better Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Carr, Wilson, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Rogers, Cam, Palmer, Luck, Flacco, Eli, Dalton, Cousins and this doesnt include developing QBs like Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Dak or vets like Bradford or Romo.

Not blaming this loss on officiating, but come on, holds, TT, getting blasted out of bounds, TT taking a knee to the head, powell(?) being hit while defenseless???? Even the announcers were commenting on some Iffy, at best, flags that were thrown

Gilmore blows

TT needs to use his elusiveness

Edited by The Poojer

Trade for Romo before the trade deadline, keep developing Cardale Jones and we're in business.

Romo? A QB that has been injured more often than not the last two years and even when he was healthy he choked in the big games. keep developing Jones who may take three years to develop only to find out he isn't the answer?

This team needs a complete reboot and flush. Obtain people that have actual experience in building a winning team and not rookies and old farts fresh off a 4-12 season

Not blaming this loss on officiating, but come on, holds, TT, getting blasted out of bounds, TT taking a knee to the head, powell(?) being hit while defenseless???? Even the announcers were commenting on some Iffy, at best, flags that were thrown

Gilmore blows

TT needs to use his elusiveness

TT needs to have anticipation and accuracy...

All the Bills need to do is win 7 of the final 8. Seems doable right? 11-5 would fix their AFC record and should be enough to secure the final wild card.

Yep I'll keep dreaming

Wow, what a dreamer is right!

Did you not just watch Brady rip the Bills defense for over 300 passing yards and 4 TD's? Or the week before a basically unknown Miami RB rush for 215 yards against that Buffalo D!

That Buffalo defense that was supposedly improved this year is currently ranked 20th in the league before the NE game.

This team will never improve as long as the team needs to keep upgrading and drafting for the defense just like the Jets did in Ryan's 6 years there. Every first round pick went to the defense and yet in his final season he went 4-12.

Around 2019 the new owners might think about changing things up.

i

Gilmore was abused a bit today, some of it unfairly as he was held on the Brady run and pushed off by Gronk and again on the holding call. But how does 7-11 get that open?

The play calling was awful in the first half as the receivers couldn't catch a cold in an elementary school nurse's office, and Gillislee was pretty damn unstoppable. However, we kept calling on Tyrod to miss his read, scramble, and then get his receivers killed.

Another bright spot was the defense being more stout against the run with MD in the middle.

The officiating did not do many favors for the Bills today either. This was most evident when J. Williams scored the touchdown on the first run. There was no booth review despite the replays in the stadium showing that it should be reviewed, and then they incorrectly give Rex a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, then rescind it. I could go on about the zebras, but I'm sure someone else has bitched ad nauseum about it by now.

Overall, the Bills were who we thought they were.

Trade for Romo before the trade deadline, keep developing Cardale Jones and we're in business.

Please Romo won't go 2 games before his back blows up

Not sure how you evaluate TT with the wr's we got though. No way TT sees that extension

Edited by MarkyMannn

Open it up. I dont care if the QB doesnt like it. You need to see the passer he is to decide at the end of the season.

Cause right now reality is almost ANY NFL QB can get us to exactly were we are at this point with leaning of Shady for 4 games

Actually the Bills should have run and run more yesterday. Gillislee was having a great day and got only 12 carries. You can't go on a shoot out with Brady. We played right into their hands.

Edited by ganesh

Actually the Bills should have run and run more yesterday. Gillislee was having a great day and got only 12 carries. You can't go on a shoot out with Brady. We played right into their hands.

I agree. Gillislee should have got at least 20 carries in this one. The line did a good job blocking for the most part (minus Wood on holding calls I couldn't spot from the 200 level), and continues to be our strength. I am not sure Reggie Bush should be on the field much except in obvious passing situations, so more carries could have went J Williams

Im in 10 team fantasy league where everyone carries 2 team QBs and rushing yards are a point per 10 yards......nobody has Tyrod on their team. 12-15 is dreaming. Here's 16 better Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Carr, Wilson, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Rogers, Cam, Palmer, Luck, Flacco, Eli, Dalton, Cousins and this doesnt include developing QBs like Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Dak or vets like Bradford or Romo.

Completely unfair, resorting to facts like that. Like most Bills fans, I would rather live under the illusion that we've kinda sorta "solved" the QB issue by finding diamond in the rough Tyrod. Seriously though ... you have listed at a minimum not just your 16 but also Winston/Mariota/Wentz/Dak as QBs any GM would take over Tyrod right now. So "Top 21" I guess. But as a good 50% of TSW posters will tell you, "talent is not the problem." It has something to do with poor coaching or injuries or the stars not aligning over Lake Erie or something. Until someone proves otherwise, I'm going with the simplest explanation: our roster just ain't that good.

They are who we thought they were! I wish my 2,500th post was about a better topic, but here we go!

Another Bills/Pats game, another loss where we look outmatched in almost every facet and remind us why were aren't a playoff team. If that's too critical, I apologize, but it's just hard to feel optimistic about this team when you see this compilation of errors. CBS switched to the Raiders game with 6 minutes left. That's all you should need to know.

I don't want to turn into more of a "one note charlie" than I am lately so I post less. I had my epiphany the first game vs the Ravens, when I watched anemic efforts on both offense and defense. And thought, OK, injuries, suspensions, rust, excuseexcuse.

Then I watched NE put on a clinic missing star QB, TE, 3 OLmen, star defensive player. They got it done. And they continue to get it done.

That's when I underwent my metamorphosis from Hopeful.

There's something missing on this team, and while there may be thin spots or gaps in talent, mmm, not the whole picture. IMO.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Completely unfair, resorting to facts like that. Like most Bills fans, I would rather live under the illusion that we've kinda sorta "solved" the QB issue by finding diamond in the rough Tyrod. Seriously though ... you have listed at a minimum not just your 16 but also Winston/Mariota/Wentz/Dak as QBs any GM would take over Tyrod right now. So "Top 21" I guess. But as a good 50% of TSW posters will tell you, "talent is not the problem." It has something to do with poor coaching or injuries or the stars not aligning over Lake Erie or something. Until someone proves otherwise, I'm going with the simplest explanation: our roster just ain't that good.

Agree with you. I was one of the fans that hoped the Bills had found a top 12 QB, but it looks more like a bottom 12 QB.

I don't want to turn into more of a "one note charlie" than I am lately so I post less. I had my epiphany the first game vs the Ravens, when I watched anemic efforts on both offense and defense. And thought, OK, injuries, suspensions, rust, excuseexcuse.

Then I watched NE put on a clinic missing star QB, TE, 3 OLmen, star defensive player. They got it done. And they continue to get it done.

That's when I underwent my metamorphosis from Hopeful.

There's something missing on this team, and while there may be thin spots or gaps in talent, mmm, not the whole picture. IMO.

The 4-0 run after a putrid 0-2 start sucked me back in for a bit. Now I'm with you. From my seat, I can't tell what's wrong organizationally, but there are plenty of educated guesses we can make as fans.

My additional "thought": the pro personell side of Bills FO has done a fantastic job, I won't list them all here, but the roster is full of players they brought in from other teams and have had huge impacts and occupy starting positions on both sides of the ball. The Bills have not been as successful with college talent evaluation. Maybe not a total FO reorganization, but one that thoroughly cleans out the college scouting department.

Your coach capitulated today.

At the presser, he gushed that his team was junior high compared to the Pats.

That was probably the most broken I've seen Rex. Seeing his team as no better than it was last year in game 3 was really sinking in.