Whaley should be embarrassed today

Yeezus

This ^

However, I'm not for firing Rex in season

Why not? whats the point in keeping him til the end of the year or firing him now?

Look, Gilmore sucks. Whaley has brought in a ton of great players cut by other teams to paper clip together a really nice 2nd team replacing a much better 1st team. Eventually, the tap runs dry trying to piece together a 3rd team. We're cut to shreds by injuries. There's only so much he can do.

But the only real position decimated by injuries is the WR group.

McCoy has played almost all year, the o-line is almost intact, the D-line wasn't injuries, MD had his suspension and Whaley did draft an injured player for the D-line, The secondary isn't that banged up compared to what they started with.

Two weeks ago, everyone was singing Whaleys praises. Funny how it swings. But I think we have a solid roster. There are holes, but every team has holes. Whaley might have missed on signing Clay, but look at all the FA signings Whaley has had. He's hit on a lot. Whaley is a good GM, it's the coaching that is mediocre.

And four weeks before that they were calling for his head.......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Whaley and the money guys know how to assemble an offense. He overpayed for Clay, he gave up too much for Watkins in a deep WR draft, he traded for Shady and then we had to give him more money to keep him happy, we have the out for TT next year but it will still be millions in next years cap even if we let him walk. I'll say it again, what other team was going to sign TT next year for huge money?

Edited by billsfan714

Why not? whats the point in keeping him til the end of the year or firing him now?

But the only real position decimated by injuries is the WR group.

McCoy has played almost all year, the o-line is almost intact, the D-line wasn't injuries, MD had his suspension and Whaley did draft an injured player for the D-line, The secondary isn't that banged up compared to what they started with.

And four weeks before that they were calling for his head.......

I can't argue with you. Your avatar is just too good

Whaley has done a good job. Mediocre and poor coaching has been this teams Achilles heal. We have just as much talent as a team like Oakland and they are 6-2. Sometimes, it just comes down to luck and players making plays. We don't do either. You look at any playoff team and we are not far behind in talent. Sammy has proven he can't stay healthy. But this team is a QB away. It's too bad Tyrod can't sling the ball over the entire field. Tyrod is holding this team back. But luckily, Whaley built us an out for that contract. He's also been smart with Gilmore. And I don't think Whaley will offer Gilmore abything substantial contract-wise

Even without the injuries, we have 2 NFL caliber WR's on this offense

Clay is the most embarrassing tight end in the league and not findings a legit 2nd string rb on a run heavy offense is awful

This is the same front office since for 16 years, not trying to trade for players and promoting practice squad players, that is not how you win games in this league

I understand 2/3 of your post but why isn't gills not a legit back up?

We need:

- A real QB

- A RB with some durability

- A couple WRs with some size and durability

- A TE that can actually produce/perform

- DBs that can cover middling WRs (keep Darby)

Oh, and also coaches that can gameplan.

I think you are spot on

Clay is the most embarrassing tight end in the league and not findings a legit 2nd string rb on a run heavy offense is awful

This is the same front office since for 16 years, not trying to trade for players and promoting practice squad players, that is not how you win games in this league

I will address just one of these inaccuracies.... we have a legit backup running back.

12 runs 85 yards and a TD at an average of 7.1 per attempt. Gillislee is good.

Cmon man, TD Mike was incredible today. Not his fault ALynn decided to saddle up Tyrod and throw in the rain.

Whaley has done a good job. Mediocre and poor coaching has been this teams Achilles heal. We have just as much talent as a team like Oakland and they are 6-2. Sometimes, it just comes down to luck and players making plays. We don't do either. You look at any playoff team and we are not far behind in talent. Sammy has proven he can't stay healthy. But this team is a QB away. It's too bad Tyrod can't sling the ball over the entire field. Tyrod is holding this team back. But luckily, Whaley built us an out for that contract. He's also been smart with Gilmore. And I don't think Whaley will offer Gilmore abything substantial contract-wise

The Bills absolutely do not have as much talent as Oakland, especially when you give added weight to the QB position. If the Raiders play up to their ability when our team visits Oakland the Bills will be overmatched. And it's not like Carr was a top 5 pick.

Coaching is a factor, but in today's game the Patriots players were just better than the Bills. Coming out of camp we had big questions and very little depth. There were probably at least 5 guys on the opening day 53 who would've had a hard time making any other team. The talent is not playoff level. Ultimately this comes back to Whaley

Disagree. Every team has holes and areas of weakness, but you cant blame injuries on the GM.

Whaley has put together a pretty good roster. Its hard to argue otherwise.

Except for ignoring WRs. Seriously, we went into the season with an oft-injured #1 WR coming off surgery, and #2 WR that should be a #3, and a bunch of scrubs. That's pretty bad.

I'm not a huge fan of Whaley, but I will say this...with the salary cap and how up against the Bills were/are with a potential "franchise" QB contract on his mind, you can't possibly fill every hole AND depth behind the starters on the cap room the Bills had. There are holes on every team in the league. The key is hiding/protecting your holes throughout the season. The amount of injuries the Bills have suffered, which they seem to do every year, would make it impossible for any GM to fill every hole.

IF this team has a legitimate franchise QB, Whaley would look like a genius. Those are just the facts. A true franchise QB makes up for sooo many shortcomings in many NFL teams. We just don't have that luxury. Who knows when we will? Kelly retired after the 1996 season. We. Are. Still. Waiting.

I was amazed at the hits many of the NE players took and they just get up. Edelman's brain will be scrambled by the time he is 40. (Isn't Welker already showing signs of brain damage?) Whenever a player for the Bills takes a hit, I assume he will be out for a while. Whenever a player for NE takes a hit, he gets up and laughs. What is going on? This is a real question, I just don't understand.

I was amazed at the hits many of the NE players took and they just get up. Edelman's brain will be scrambled by the time he is 40. (Isn't Welker already showing signs of brain damage?) Whenever a player for the Bills takes a hit, I assume he will be out for a while. Whenever a player for NE takes a hit, he gets up and laughs. What is going on? This is a real question, I just don't understand.

HGH is a helluva drug; then again so is cocaine...

Simple, other teams HIT, the Bills Tackle

Rex wanted to build a bully, which again like everything else he seems to say was just more talk. They are not more physical then anyone else, and they don't appear to stand up for each other. A Bully wouldn't let Landry continue to run all over the field after he takes out AW last week, a Bully wouldn't let the pats get away with taking a late hit Out of Bounds against their QB

once again, whaley has failed to field players that are competitive with the best in our division. gilmore, darby and robey coleman are a farce of a matchup against gronk, edleman, and now (believe it or not) hogan!

Or Brady's ball placement really is just that good (it is).

oh just stop... 16 guys on the injury report and a fully healthy best team in league coming in .. what the h-ll did you expect... we are 7 deep at WR.. do the research... all but one are hurt and out.. it happens... let it go.. hopefully we are healthy after the bye and can go on a run for last 7 games.