Aaron Williams' Neck Injury Could Be Long Term

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Bicari Rambo as mentioned in another thread needed to be the minimum solution here. I'm sure they will look around for something if AW is out long term

how about a vet S from a team ready to sell off pieces, like Antoine Bethea from SF? Don't know contract situation.

From JW's AP piece:

Cornerback Stephon Gilmore told the AP that Williams is experiencing numbness in one of his arms. Anthony Williams and the team would not confirm what Gilmore said.

So he's in good football shape.

Because if there's anything I learned from watching Kurt Schulz and Coy Wire, it's that safeties don't need arms.

If the season depended on Aaron Williams staying healthy than we were !@#$ed a long time ago.

Very true. Blanton just isnt as good. Missed assignments and tackles left and right.

I get that they tried to address it in the offseason, but no chance AW makes it through a season without a scare like this (or worse) each year.

Need to draft one high this year.

Aaaaand here's why you don't count on the NFL to fix this. You fix it yourself, on the field.

B-I-N-G-O

Sorry Jarvis but it needs to be done. It happens in hockey all the time. It happens in baseball too. It doesn't seem to happen in football often but it needs to happen this time.

B-I-N-G-O

Sorry Jarvis but it needs to be done. It happens in hockey all the time. It happens in baseball too. It doesn't seem to happen in football often but it needs to happen this time.

I still cant understand, with the game over, and Landry recovering that onsides kick, how someone didnt pop him one for the road. Blows my mind. Edited by Captain_Quint

without knowing the nature of the actual injury its a bit much to be advocating a guy retires.

I'm not advocating AW's retirement so much as agreeing that Landry's hit was a dirty cheap shot, chickenschit play.

Whatever AW decides moving forward is OK with me. I'm not inside his head, don't know what he's dealing with injury wise, etc. I just know it's the third neck injury sustained in three years which is concerning.

Aaaaand here's why you don't count on the NFL to fix this. You fix it yourself, on the field.

Hockey justice.

I wonder how much Nick Deslauriers would want to attend the rematch and jump over the wall to kick Landry's ass.

I think Pegula can do that because he owns both teams in the same market as well as being eligible for the Canadian proximity waiver.

I read it differently. Of course any neck injury is ominous. But the fact he wasn't really hurt, didn't have a concussion, and is back at the team facility suggests the surgery did what it was supposed to do. I bet he plays again later this year but not this week.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to know what the injury is.

So if my math is correct, we now have zero safeties who don't suck. And yes, I include Corey Graham in that group. Even though he sucks just a bit less than the other jobbers.

Would be nice if they re-signed baccari rambo.

What's that you say? He signed with someone? When? This week? Damn. Bad luck. With who? Don't say Miami...don't say Miami...

Just wonderful...

I have no stats to support this but it seems to me that when Aaron Williams is off the field this Defense takes a major step back. Maybe he is a much better player then given credit for or his replacements are horrible but clearly the level of play drops

He was signed to a long term deal instead of Byrd, he has always been highly regarded. Not sure why you think he doesn't get enough credit. He's been an excellent player for us and I think most of us understood that.