Torrey Smith on the block

Reed83HOF

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm thinking 4th rounder at best. This is a salary cap dump for them

and if you think woods is getting 7m per year in the future, and are considering paying him.... its almost a dollar for dollar swap, and the possible woods comp pick if we let him walk ends up taking a big part of the hit from the trade compensation. he would be on his way out the door when sammy would be getting paid so the WR group would never be a huge cost.

im not sure im advocating for it, but the mechanics of it all make some sense. if they dont want to pay a #2 wr, that goes out the window.

Is there any dead money if we cut him?

no because SF paid all the bonuses, and there shouldnt be any guaranteed salary left

Edited by NoSaint

and if you think woods is getting 7m per year in the future, and are considering paying him.... its almost a dollar for dollar swap, and the possible woods comp pick if we let him walk ends up taking a big part of the hit from the trade compensation. he would be on his way out the door when sammy would be getting paid so the WR group would never be a huge cost.

im not sure im advocating for it, but the mechanics of it all make some sense. if they dont want to pay a #2 wr, that goes out the window.

no because SF paid all the bonuses, and there shouldnt be any guaranteed salary left

I think Smith is better than Woods, even just for deep routes. He's proven himself for at least a few seasons, Woods has not. I think Woods will get 8-9 mil on the free market, but I don't think he's worth it

I'm not sure woods gets into that 8-9 million range, he has off battled injuries and unless he makes a return and compiles some numbers in the next 9 games that will affect his FA value.

Everyone will point to Marvin Jones's deal, he also battled some injuries but flashed as a better downfield threat than Woods. His deal would probably be closer to Sanu's.

The Bills are desperate at WR right now. Torrey Smith would be a very nice addition. His an excellent vet WR. He can really stretch the field for us. The Bills would be fortunate to get him for just a mid round pick.

Smith has been greatly underutilized in SF because their offense sucks.

The Bills are desperate at WR right now. Torrey Smith would be a very nice addition. His an excellent vet WR. He can really stretch the field for us. The Bills would be fortunate to get him for just a mid round pick.

Smith has been greatly underutilized in SF because their offense sucks.

He probably wouldn't be utilized much more here with the Bills trying to run the ball 40 to 50 times per game. That's got to factor into his decision making, if he has any say.

hed essentially be a 3 year 22.5m contract after this season, with no guaranteed dollars. the 7.5m average would place him 24th in the league at WR

If Spotrac numbers are to be believed, the entire $8 million in 2017 pay becomes guaranteed in April. $8mill is too much of a cap hit next year for a #2 WR

Chris Brown says the Bills aren't interested in Smith, so take that for what it's worth.

Is it because they're confident in who they have on the roster or because Smith would never see the ball?

Glass half full interpretation - they think Woods is ok and will be back this week and Sammy will be back 11/27.

I'm staying positive.

It's so much more involved than whether he would see the ball. Even if they want to run it on every play, they know they can't do that if they have no threat at WR to worry about.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Chris Brown says the Bills aren't interested in Smith, so take that for what it's worth.

Strange, I just saw that Chris Brown said that the Bills are super interested and would give just about anything to get Smith. At least, that's what Doug Whaley told him.

Edited by vincec

Is it because they're confident in who they have on the roster or because Smith would never see the ball?

He doesn't say, here's the quote:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/10/25/report-multiple-teams-interested-in-49ers-wr/?platform=hootsuite

The San Francisco 49ers reportedly have WR Torrey Smith on the trade block and there are multiple teams expressing interest. But Buffalobills.com has learned that the Bills aren’t one of them.