Fitz Out, Geno In

The Big Cat

Many of us fought the tide and noted how last year's Jets padded their record against a soft schedule and only beat one winning team (the Pats***). We were told how foolish we are and what a great new HC Bowles is. The Jets are the pick to threaten the Pats*** this year with Fitz, they said...

Im not really looking at it from a Bills perspective but rather as a Jets fan. When the season's over Jets fans arent going to remember that they faced a cupcake schedule. Theyre going to remember that they finished 10-6. As a fan, bringing back the same roster and adding Forte, many in the fanbase were thinking a playoff run was in the cards.

There are several factors unrelated to Bowles that have contributed to the Jets horrible season and the main one being Fitz has not been able to come close to replicating last season's success. According to Jets fans on their forum, several defensive players (Wilkerson in particular) have pulled a Mario Williams and have put in zero effort as well.

And of course, yes, the schedule is also a factor.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of us fought the tide and noted how last year's Jets padded their record against a soft schedule and only beat one winning team (the Pats***). We were told how foolish we are and what a great new HC Bowles is. The Jets are the pick to threaten the Pats*** this year with Fitz, they said...

i remember this well

I knew all of that was ridiculous. I argued with many on here that the NYJ 10-6 record last season was largely a product of a soft schedule and many fortunate in-game breaks. Anyone who watched them for any length of time knew they were no more than a mediocre team.

Letting Geno Smith start should really expose just how good a QB guru Chan Gailey is at developing a young player.

My guess is the interceptions and turnovers keep coming and the entire Jets offense gets a reboot after this season with Geno, Chan and Fitz all gone.

Letting Geno Smith start should really expose just how good a QB guru Chan Gailey is at developing a young player.

My guess is the interceptions and turnovers keep coming and the entire Jets offense gets a reboot after this season with Geno, Chan and Fitz all gone.

Maybe Bowles as well.

Im not really looking at it from a Bills perspective but rather as a Jets fan. When the season's over Jets fans arent going to remember that they faced a cupcake schedule. Theyre going to remember that they finished 10-6. As a fan, bringing back the same roster and adding Forte, many in the fanbase were thinking a playoff run was in the cards.

There are several factors unrelated to Bowles that have contributed to the Jets horrible season and the main one being Fitz has not been able to come close to replicating last season's success. According to Jets fans on their forum, several defensive players (Wilkerson in particular) have pulled a Mario Williams and have put in zero effort as well.

And of course, yes, the schedule is also a factor.

Funny enough, there is a big complaint from jets fans that Sheldon Richardson is being played at Linebacker and dropping into coverage too much. He's been in coverage like twice a game compared to like twice a season.

Anyways, geno is garbage. He came into the game and fumbled then threw an interception on the same drive...Only reason he hasn't thrown 6 interceptions in one game is because he's been pulled before he got the chance.

Funny enough, there is a big complaint from jets fans that Sheldon Richardson is being played at Linebacker and dropping into coverage too much. He's been in coverage like twice a game compared to like twice a season.

Anyways, geno is garbage. He came into the game and fumbled then threw an interception on the same drive...Only reason he hasn't thrown 6 interceptions in one game is because he's been pulled before he got the chance.

Geno is bad, but I don't know if he's London 2015 bad.

Anyways, I do support this move and look forward to the rematch later this year, hope he's still their QB then.

Bowles basically said in the press conference that the only reason geno is starting is because Petty just came back from a shoulder injury and Sack isn't ready. He also said Fitz had GeNO were of "equal talent"

Yes, my phone now autocorrects to GeNO

Edited by YoloinOhio

Geno is bad, but I don't know if he's London 2015 bad.

Anyways, I do support this move and look forward to the rematch later this year, hope he's still their QB then.

EJ screwed up bad, but still brought his team back to a lead before game's end. Geno would never be able to recover from those mistakes mid game.