Column: "Pats have clear road to Super Bowl"

If our CB's continue to give a yard cushion Brady will expose us easily. Look at what Fitz did to us with accurate passing and no pressure. so Rex better have a plan to bring relentless pressure on Brady, and our DB's have to reel in any slack

But hey lets keep our eye on Miami 1st.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not a clear road but you have to like their chances over everyone else

Watching Brady highlights this past weekend. There just seems no way a 39 yo guy should be able to throw the way he does..................at least not without some help if you know what I mean. Look at guys like Kelly and Marino were toast at 34.

Do you remember how quarterbacks were treated back in the day? Had Brady played back when you were allowed to abuse qbs his career would have ended years ago.

Heck, it used to be common ground for back-up qbs to START a super bowl resulting from playoff injuries!

"Everyone we played until now was either garbage or injured. We are also garbage and Rex should be fired."

Sigh your probably right. Win or lose the Bills would still hold their playoff destiny clearly in there own hands! Next week is hardly a must win for either team.

If our CB's continue to give a yard cushion Brady will expose us easily. Look at what Fitz did to us with accurate passing and no pressure. so Rex better have a plan to bring relentless pressure on Brady, and our DB's have to reel in any slack

But hey lets keep our eye on Miami 1st.

Last meeting Bennett was the ONLY Pat have a good day (over 100 yards receiving) now with Gronk also healthy, it's going be hard to cover everyone and what packages you out in.

Bennett is doing a good Aaron Hernandez impersonation (except for the murder and jail time), and Gronk is Gronk. The last time Brady had two good tight ends they were nearly unstoppable.

That said, I think the Steelers can beat them and I like the Bills chances, too. If the *Pats come out of the next two games 2-0 or 1-1 then the AFC is toast.

You do realize the Steelers will be playing them without Ben R?

Ever notice that the narrative about the Bills W over New England is "well, they were playing the Patriots third-string QB." True, but we weren't playing the Patriots third-string D, were we?

And we had to settle for FGs three times against that D. 16 points will not be good enough next week against Brady.

Bills have a long way to go before anyone should start worrying about getting enough respect from the media.

And we had to settle for FGs three times against that D. 16 points will not be good enough next week against Brady.

Bills have a long way to go before anyone should start worrying about getting enough respect from the media.

We won by 16. Only a Bill Belichick runs up the score. Also, we didn't punt till the second half. That's not exactly stuffing us.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We won by 16. Only a Bill Belichick runs up the score. Also, we didn't punt till the second half. That's not exactly stuffing us.

You scored 13 points in the first half without punting...

I think his point is against Brady that will not do as he will score points. ( and I don't buybthebbikls stopped trying to score either. Was a 2 score game.) yes you dominated on both sides of the ball but come on stop with the "we didn't want run itnup" stuff

It's cute when ptr acts like the patriots aren't good.

Well I seem to recall the prevailing narrative before that game was the Pats could start anyone at QB and beat you. That sure flipped in a hurry.

You scored 13 points in the first half without punting...

I think his point is against Brady that will not do as he will score points. ( and I don't buybthebbikls stopped trying to score either. Was a 2 score game.) yes you dominated on both sides of the ball but come on stop with the "we didn't want run itnup" stuff

Well so far Brady crushed the Browns and Bengals, teams with a combined 2-10 record. If that were the Bills I'm sure everyone would be pointing out that we only beat bad teams. I guess I better not say anymore or else Tommy will get angrier than he already is. We don't want that.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sigh your probably right. Win or lose the Bills would still hold their playoff destiny clearly in there own hands! Next week is hardly a must win for either team.

Perhaps not, but I'd say it's pretty close to a must-win for the Bills, since it's an AFC opponent. We already have two AFC losses. We can't have a third going into the Pats**** game and expect that we'd still be okay with a loss that day.

You can disagree and dislike it if you want, but the guy is right. The other teams in the AFC that used to challenge them are down this year. Denver still looks good. But that's about it. The Bills are still pretenders until they actually beat the *Pats in a meaningful game. With the schedule they have right now, it looks like the *Pats can cruise easily to 13-14 maybe 15 wins. Everyone here can puff their chests out and talk all the tough talk they want, NE has owned the Bills and there's no reason to think that has changed unless they Bills go out and prove it. It will be interesting to find out if it is truly a New Era of Bills football or more of the same.

You can disagree and dislike it if you want, but the guy is right. The other teams in the AFC that used to challenge them are down this year. Denver still looks good. But that's about it. The Bills are still pretenders until they actually beat the *Pats in a meaningful game. With the schedule they have right now, it looks like the *Pats can cruise easily to 13-14 maybe 15 wins. Everyone here can puff their chests out and talk all the tough talk they want, NE has owned the Bills and there's no reason to think that has changed unless they Bills go out and prove it. It will be interesting to find out if it is truly a New Era of Bills football or more of the same.

Can't argue with any of that. I'm certainly happy about our streak, but it's not like we've been playing league juggernauts in that span, with the exception of the Pats***, but that was without Brady of course. That said, we dominated the Pats*** on both lines of scrimmage and that is a rarity to say the least. I fully expect Belichick to adjust. I hope Rex can follow suit.