Justin Hunter's TD against the 49ers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Goodwin knew that his job was to draw the coverage on that side down toward him, and that if it worked, that corner would be open. As soon as the ball was in the air, he knew it had worked and it was a TD. Clay knew it too.

Anyone notice how Tyrod never goes to the endzone to congratulate the receiver? He just trots over to the sideline and sits down...lol..

Never noticed that! I wonder if it's his way of letting them celebrate it their own way.

If I remember the entire route from replay, looking for a video it actually was not a Fade it was a post corner, meaning he sold the post with the Pump and then broke outside.

Sold the Post, broke the corner (ie good route)

start at 2:15 you will see the post corner.

I thought the pump was to draw the safety to the 2 routes going toward the sideline...

That was a couple sections over from me, the 49ers fan actually ended up with the ball. That area he jumped into had about a dozen 49er fans and just a couple Bills fans. I was really surprised at the number of SF fans at the game.

I noticed that too. The Niners fan was more interested in grabbing the ball that seemed to fall at his feet when the jump happened.

All I know was that a deep route to the end zone, separation, and a great throw, was fun to see

Thats enough for me !

Against SF Hunter was on the field for 46 snaps. Total snaps is 57. That's a big uptick. Think he will be targeted more often, maybe?

I think that is the goal.

Bills probably feel they have found lost treasure at just the right time.

Hey, maybe I do to.

I do not think this an earth shaking pickup, but a right place right time kinda thing.

Prove me right 17

That was a couple sections over from me, the 49ers fan actually ended up with the ball. That area he jumped into had about a dozen 49er fans and just a couple Bills fans. I was really surprised at the number of SF fans at the game.

Those are all the bandwagoners that jumped on when they won their first Super Bowl. You couldn't hit a Niner fan with a nuclear weapon before that.

My favorite part of that play was when Goodwin turned (at about the 20 yard line), realized where the ball was going, and signaled touchdown while the ball was still in the air. That's confidence in your OC, the offense you're running, and the other guys on the field with you.

Those are all the bandwagoners that jumped on when they won their first Super Bowl. You couldn't hit a Niner fan with a nuclear weapon before that.

My favorite part of that play was when Goodwin turned (at about the 20 yard line), realized where the ball was going, and signaled touchdown while the ball was still in the air. That's confidence in your OC, the offense you're running, and the other guys on the field with you.

Good point. and nice attention to detail !

these guys , both O and D all seem to know what is coming and what is expected 98% of the time. This just in, that is not bad.

Anyone notice how Tyrod never goes to the endzone to congratulate the receiver? He just trots over to the sideline and sits down...lol..

i think thats cool actually, it looks a little gay when they run over and hug. Ive trown passes, caught passes, like most here. its not much of an accomplishment really its all they have to do to get paid millions. Actually id like to see someone run out and hug watkins after an offseason just for not being injured....or to run over to dareus for not being high or suspended.

He won't track them, let alone catch them.

wow guess you never watched the bills jets game....or the 2014 season.

marquise is money, just needs a good game plan, kinda like shady needed.

Edited by re enlightener

i think thats cool actually, it looks a little gay when they run over and hug. Ive trown passes, caught passes, like most here. its not much of an accomplishment really its all they have to do to get paid millions. Actually id like to see someone run out and hug watkins after an offseason just for not being injured....or to run over to dareus for not being high or suspended.

True. Now if someone could only find a way to get CJ Spiller into space...

Now if he would actually catch the ball

You see Clay go up too, albeit a bit later, but before the ball was there.

Something I've noticed on video being released by the BIlls; EJ seems to be good with this role and fully supportive of Taylor. There was a video of them in the tunnel, fists together as they went onto the field, and EJ was one of the first people there when Taylor came off after that touchdown.

That's a pretty big deal to me. No Billy Joe Hobert will he be.

Tyrod called it a "touchdown angle"

He has long legs, a Lofton body.

Once those LONG dudes get moving they are very tough to catch up to if they get behind the coverage.

Same reason Manny Lawson used to keep up with fast receivers and backs in coverage, and guys like Gronk can outrun db's with far better 40 yard times-- once they get striding they're moving faster than they look.

You see Clay go up too, albeit a bit later, but before the ball was there.

Something I've noticed on video being released by the BIlls; EJ seems to be good with this role and fully supportive of Taylor. There was a video of them in the tunnel, fists together as they went onto the field, and EJ was one of the first people there when Taylor came off after that touchdown.

That's a pretty big deal to me. No Billy Joe Hobert will he be.

EJ is a good dude. I wish he was a better player because he's so easy to cheer for.