Kaepernick to start on Sunday

You're actually discrediting why Kaep is doing it. He's doing it solely because it will disturb people and what he thinks will force people to be aware of cops killing blacks. That's his entire point and you're criticizing the people it's intended to bother by saying it shouldn't?

Was there a human being on this continent who was not aware of this before Kaep "forced" them to be aware?

That's my only problem with this kid--his protest is centered on himself, and very late to the game, so to speak. His action really hasn't opened anyone's eyes to what is happening re: the police. All it has done is focused attention on...him. Nobody who was not discussing cops killing blacks is now talking about that. The only thing new being brought to the conversation is whether he should kneel/sit during the Anthem.

I's total narcissism, nothing more.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No offense intended here: you need to watch the All-22's if you think that.

Just one example--watch him blanket the slippery Tavon Austin from the slot, and sustain his coverage for 7 full seconds:

https://twitter.com/cover1eturner/status/785826015834550272

Keep in mind that Austin is a WR that runs a 4.34 sec 40, and had a 4.01 second 20-yard shuttle (the latter is better than all but 14 other receivers since 2010).

He's very, very good.

Call him inconsistent or pick on his ball awareness if you're so inclined, but to say he's overrated is simple folly IMO.

He gets beats so many times every game it's scary and inconsistent would pretty much mean overrated, no? Just about every team has good receivers, saying that because he covered Tavon Austin well in one example doesn't prove (or disprove) your point. Count how many times he gets beat in a game, and I'm not talking about perfect throws to a receiver who makes a play, and you'll find quite a few instances every game where he's getting torched. Keep in mind, I'm tackling this from an angle where announcers say he's a top CB, and I hear that very often. I point that out just for perspective.

He gets beats so many times every game it's scary and inconsistent would pretty much mean overrated, no? Just about every team has good receivers, saying that because he covered Tavon Austin well in one example doesn't prove (or disprove) your point. Count how many times he gets beat in a game, and I'm not talking about perfect throws to a receiver who makes a play, and you'll find quite a few instances every game where he's getting torched. Keep in mind, I'm tackling this from an angle where announcers say he's a top CB, and I hear that very often. I point that out just for perspective.

watch other CBS in the league. Patrick Peterson is a favorite. Tams dont throw to him. But they can throw to anyone else and win a matchup so they don't need to.

Sherman is like Gilmore. Sherman gets beat the same and no one bats an eye. It happens

watch other CBS in the league. Patrick Peterson is a favorite. Tams dont throw to him. But they can throw to anyone else and win a matchup so they don't need to.

Sherman is like Gilmore. Sherman gets beat the same and no one bats an eye. It happens

Exactly.

Every single corner in the NFL gets beat.

Every game.

Some added context: http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/stephon-gilmore-bills-deal/

Edited by thebandit27

Was there a human being on this continent who was not aware of this before Kaep "forced" them to be aware?

That's my only problem with this kid--his protest is centered on himself, and very late to the game, so to speak. His action really hasn't opened anyone's eyes to what is happening re: the police. All it has done is focused attention on...him. Nobody who was not discussing cops killing blacks is now talking about that. The only thing new being brought to the conversation is whether he should kneel/sit during the Anthem.

This is what I'm saying. Both the asinine 'protest' and the vegan stuff - attention seeking behavior. As much as I hope and look forward to him being lustily booed, part of me would prefer that everyone ignore his antics. Personalities like his can't stand the lack of attention, so he would ramp up the look-at-me behavior until people paid attention. I don't know, maybe throw himself down on the 50 yard line and have a tantrum? Or, maybe more likely given the way it's probably going to go down, do a lot of victim acting like a soccer player, taking dives and demanding late hit flags, like Tom Brady without the charm and QB ability

Exactly.

Every single corner in the NFL gets beat.

Every game.

Some added context: http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/stephon-gilmore-bills-deal/

I understand this, I'm not saying he should never get beat. I just think he gets too much for someone that's widely considered a top CB. Would you pay him top 10 CB money? I wouldn't, I wouldn't give top 20 either (and I think he's going to walk at the end of the season). I want him to be great, i think he has the talent, right now he doesn't play to his potential IMHO.

Hopefully he blankets the 49ers this weekend though and we'll pull out the W. Unrelated to my Gilmore comments, I worry about the extended plays that will occur when Kaep breaks the pocket. Hopefully the D will wrap him up though and not too much will come of it. I do think Kelly's system will be much more tailored towards his strengths than the post-Roman system that saw him demoted.

I understand this, I'm not saying he should never get beat. I just think he gets too much for someone that's widely considered a top CB. Would you pay him top 10 CB money? I wouldn't, I wouldn't give top 20 either (and I think he's going to walk at the end of the season). I want him to be great, i think he has the talent, right now he doesn't play to his potential IMHO.

Hopefully he blankets the 49ers this weekend though and we'll pull out the W. Unrelated to my Gilmore comments, I worry about the extended plays that will occur when Kaep breaks the pocket. Hopefully the D will wrap him up though and not too much will come of it. I do think Kelly's system will be much more tailored towards his strengths than the post-Roman system that saw him demoted.

I'd give him top 10 money, yes. Based on everything I've seen, he doesn't get beat any more than any of the other top-tier guys (save for maybe Peterson; he seems to be back on top of his game now).

For discussion, here's a bunch of All-22 clips from Sunday's game. He's doing his job:

https://storify.com/YardsPerPass/bills-vs-rams-all22-defense

As to the issue of Kaep, I think both he and Chip have a LOT to prove. The last time Chip was paired with a mobile QB in the NFL (Vick), it went very poorly. That said, I totally agree that his ability to create plays (similar to Tyrod's) is going to be the greatest threat to a Buffalo victory this week. Here's to hoping the game plan is rush wide, keep contain, play zone, and use middle spies from time to time.

Edited by thebandit27

I think this is a very, very good point. Yes, Kaep has been practicing, but we all know the backup doesn't get many reps. He has been dealing with the circus surrounding his protest, nutrition issues, learning a Chip Kelly offense...

Is he on a hunger strike, too?!?

Listening to Schoop and the Bulldog yesterday for awhile, this is what you would have thought if you had just woken up from a coma. Quote of Schoop "All this talk is all because of him."

I thought it was his girlfriend "neesa" the oppressed mtv Vj

This is what it is

I agree with you 100%. I'm sure you know that's not what I was responded about.

I find this aspect to be the most entertaining, because that's all I hear as well. "The controversial statement Kaepernick is making by kneeling" and constant cameras on him before every game, is he going to kneel, sit, or what? But no one is talking about what he is protesting outside of what everyone was already talking about. He simply added something for the media to rave about - him.

The game is in the bag. Bills wear Red, White, and Blue. Anytime anyone gets near him he'll take a knee.

You are on to something! Get the audio people to play the anthem in between plays! Delay of games galore on the Niners! :lol:

"Kaepernick get the :censored: up and tell us the play!"