Fisher blew that game

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously dude? Bad call is a bad call.

https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/785287262313459716

Jeff.........there were thousands of Bills fans there.........we haven't seen the playoffs since the last time you pulled some bulls*t on special teams.........Bills fans are going to be alert to a fake.

Pretty much sums up how long ago it was since we've done something..........it's fresh in our minds and he figures it's water under the bridge. It ain't! :thumbsup:

You play off because Keenum is basically just throwing 8 yard outs all game - when you time it right, and he times it wrong - its a pick 6. It also allows you to keep your eyes on the QB and cheat a bit. Once he threw that pick 6 the whole game was off the rails for them.

thats a great point breh! I didnt look at it that way, I thought if they played closer they would be able to stop those pesky slants we kept getting caught on. Speaking of slants why didnt we call any last game? They really seemed to get Tyrod into rhytym

This is from the Orange County Register. The article basically says that it was a stupid call and Fisher blames everyone but himself for it not working.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fisher-731631-rams-bills.html

Quote from the article: "And that prompted Fisher to half-jokingly – we think – put the screws on Rams fans for tipping off Darby the fake was on."

I remember seeing a replay on TV and, to me, it looked like the snapper was clearly angled toward the guy who ran the ball. But maybe I'm just looking for tells. That and the ball carrier called for motion and everything too. I don't pay attention to that minutia during punts but I'd have to think the Bills were prepared for it knowing Fisher has attempted it several times before.

I remember seeing a replay on TV and, to me, it looked like the snapper was clearly angled toward the guy who ran the ball. But maybe I'm just looking for tells. That and the ball carrier called for motion and everything too. I don't pay attention to that minutia during punts but I'd have to think the Bills were prepared for it knowing Fisher has attempted it several times before.

As soon as the guy went into motion I was tipped. If Fisher wants to blame anyone, he should critique the blocking from the gunner. He got thrown aside by Darby like a rag doll.

Do teams usually put a guy in motion when punting?

The only normal motion that you'll see in the NFL is motion to bring the gunners in tight when the defense is showing block. Otherwise, motion is highly unusual.

No, and you can ask the people I was with and I swear on everything I have in life that prior to the snap I was in the stands yelling watch for the fake!

The only normal motion that you'll see in the NFL is motion to bring the gunners in tight when the defense is showing block. Otherwise, motion is highly unusual.

That's what I thought. Thanks.