Is there a reason we don't just move Charles Clay to WR??

Sammy is out. Salas is out. Goodwin is fast and small. Woodsy is great but small.

It appeared that Clay was spread out wide on several plays last game. In fact, I think our offense operates better when the defense is spread out more.

Clay has the height, size, strength (note I didn't say speed) to be a great possession receiver (comparable to a modern day Frank Lewis or John Stallworth). Yeah he might be a good blocker, but we have two new TE's and a shortage of sizable WR's.

Maybe he is slowly becoming a Gronk/Jimmy GRaham type TE...spreading him out more. I'd rather let him stay outside or slot full time.

Sammy is out. Salas is out. Goodwin is fast and small. Woodsy is great but small.

It appeared that Clay was spread out wide on several plays last game. In fact, I think our offense operates better when the defense is spread out more.

Clay has the height, size, strength (note I didn't say speed) to be a great possession receiver (comparable to a modern day Frank Lewis or John Stallworth). Yeah he might be a good blocker, but we have two new TE's and a shortage of sizable WR's.

Maybe he is slowly becoming a Gronk/Jimmy GRaham type TE...spreading him out more. I'd rather let him stay outside or slot full time.

Clay is a fantastic blocker at the point of attack, and they do split him out wide as well.

Because he's not a WR, duh!!

Just because Clay can be moved to the outside on occasion doesn't mean that he should now play WR.

The Pats do it with Gronk all of the time.

It's a way to exploit a mismatch.

However, the Bills need Clay to play the TE position because he's the best that they have at that position by far.

Because he's not a WR, duh!!

Just because Clay can be moved to the outside on occasion doesn't mean that he should now play WR.

The Pats do it with Gronk all of the time.

It's a way to exploit a mismatch.

However, the Bills need Clay to play the TE position because he's the best that they have at that position by far.

what he said....McCoy lines up as a receiver also.......