2016 Drug and Steroid Policies Finalized by NFL & NFLPA

@NFLPA

The #NFLPA and NFL have finalized the 2016 joint drug and steroid policies. Read more about the key changes here: https://www.nflpa.com/2016-drug-and-steroid-policies

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFLPA

Synthetic marijuana has been added. That's significant.

I'm surprised Spice is new to the list. I thought that was what Marcel was caught using before.

I am proud the league and players' union have partnered on a policy aimed at protecting player's health and the integrity of the game.

Have no fear Roger.... we know you will go off on your own to make assinine judge, jury and executioner decisions....

@AaronWilson_NFL

NFLPA on drug testing addition: 'Synthetic Marijuana,' known by the names Spice, K2 and Blaze, has been added to the standard testing panel'

NFLPA: PED testing to now include 'Growth Hormone Secretagogues and Growth Hormone Releasing Hormones and Peptides'

This could end up being a big deal, especially the new HGH tests. I remember reading that the current test in use had a very short window of catching anyone, if I understand correctly this one has a much bigger window and actually may lead to some suspensions if guys have continued to use.

the league brings it on themselves with this one.

Randomly test for Marijuana on game days and make sure guys aren't playing stoned. Other than that, out of sight, out of mind. Don't need the bad press, need players like Dareus, Bell, Gordon, etc playing more. The majority of Americans would applaud the move

This could end up being a big deal, especially the new HGH tests. I remember reading that the current test in use had a very short window of catching anyone, if I understand correctly this one has a much bigger window and actually may lead to some suspensions if guys have continued to use.

This could spell the end of Patriot domination. That and properly inflated balls.

Randomly test for Marijuana on game days and make sure guys aren't playing stoned. Other than that, out of sight, out of mind. Don't need the bad press, need players like Dareus, Bell, Gordon, etc playing more. The majority of Americans would applaud the move

Weed is not like alcohol. It stays in your system for weeks even after you come down from the high. That said no player in his right mind plays high. You simply can't. MJ is for after the game when you need to wind down and reduce inflammation. Did this new agreement say anything about pot, like taking it off the test and suspension list? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Dareus and Gordon couldn't avoid positive. tests so they skipped them. Bell too. How would they be negative every gameday?

This could spell the end of Patriot domination. That and properly inflated balls.

Weed is not like alcohol. It stays in your system for weeks even after you come down from the high. That said no player in his right mind plays high. You simply can't. MJ is for after the game when you need to wind down and reduce inflammation. Did this new agreement say anything about pot, like taking it off the test and suspension list?

Wrong.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Legal weed referendums in 6 states are leading in polls now, which will eventually include 8 NFL franchises. A quarter of the league. It's time for the league to drop it from the banned list.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

@sn_nfl

NFL's ban on synthetic marijuana 'quite pathetic,' if you ask Kyle Turley http://dlvr.it/MPwQRd

CuKuZm8UsAAqxpD.jpg

“I don't know what prompted (Jones) to use that but I'm pretty sure nobody else does (in the NFL)," Turley said.

"Furthermore, it's quite sad that the NFL has pushed players to say, 'You know what? I'll try this synthetic marijuana because I've got to get off this other marijuana because I don't want to test positive for that.'

So.....Turley doesn't know why players would use it. In fact, he's sure no one is using it. But the NFL is "pushing" players to use it as an alternative to weed.

CTE, man....it's real.

@AaronWilson_NFL

NFLPA on drug testing addition: 'Synthetic Marijuana,' known by the names Spice, K2 and Blaze, has been added to the standard testing panel'

NFLPA: PED testing to now include 'Growth Hormone Secretagogues and Growth Hormone Releasing Hormones and Peptides'

Wow...that is a big one...the GH secreting peptides and secretagogues...those are actually really effective

Weed is not like alcohol. It stays in your system for weeks even after you come down from the high. That said no player in his right mind plays high. You simply can't. MJ is for after the game when you need to wind down and reduce inflammation. Did this new agreement say anything about pot, like taking it off the test and suspension list?

They should adopt IOC/WADA/USADA rules.

So you can smoke all the pot you want. Hell, I know athletes who had USADA knock on their door days after smoking. You can test positive out of competition all you want. Take the test with a joint in your hand. No big deal. But you absolutely cannot test positive for weed in competition. So smoke all you want, but gotta test clean at the World Champs or Olympics. I also like the idea of mandatory testing if you win your event/championship, with random testing through the season. So you win the superbowl, great!!! Nobody leaves the facility without being tested on the roster. Positive test and you're disqualified. It is how most sports testing is done.

Legal weed referendums in 6 states are leading in polls now, which will eventually include 8 NFL franchises. A quarter of the league. It's time for the league to drop it from the banned list.

GH secretegogues and peptides are completely legal. It has nothing to do with legality and the NFL is the sole decider of what's acceptable. If they said nobody can drink milk, than that's what it is.

I have an ongoing bet that when 10 states legalize marijuana for recreational use and those 10 states have NFL teams, than the lift on marijuana will be deemed okay for players use

25 states have some laws on legalization in some form.

4 states are approved for recreational use. (and the District of Columbia)

1) Washington

2) Colorado

3) Oregon

4) Alaska

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I have an ongoing bet that when 10 states legalize marijuana for recreational use and those 10 states have NFL teams, than the lift on marijuana will be deemed okay for players use

25 states have some laws on legalization in some form.

4 states are approved for recreational use. (and the District of Columbia)

1) Washington

2) Colorado

3) Oregon

4) Alaska

darn hippies

GH secretegogues and peptides are completely legal. It has nothing to do with legality and the NFL is the sole decider of what's acceptable. If they said nobody can drink milk, than that's what it is.

Well, this is obviously wrong.

The fact that it appears in a thread titled/about the the NFL and the NFLPA coming to an agreement about drug/PED testing makes its wrongness even more glaring.

Keep pushing the agenda though. But I will remind you...there is football on today.

They could have fixed the GH testing years ago, but ignored it. The Olympics have been doing DNA, hair testing forever. You can't get around it, and if your using GH, you'll get caught.

Just look at some of these guys. They aren't that size on hard work alone. I'm a skeptic as I was a national level power lifter for 14 years. I know what looks like clean and when to call BS.

If really enforced and they nail everyone who's been taking GH in the off season, what happens in suspensions, and the size of some of these guys.

Anyway, it's game day so Go Bills!!!!

They could have fixed the GH testing years ago, but ignored it. The Olympics have been doing DNA, hair testing forever. You can't get around it, and if your using GH, you'll get caught.

Just look at some of these guys. They aren't that size on hard work alone. I'm a skeptic as I was a national level power lifter for 14 years. I know what looks like clean and when to call BS.

If really enforced and they nail everyone who's been taking GH in the off season, what happens in suspensions, and the size of some of these guys.

Anyway, it's game day so Go Bills!!!!

Not true. The NFLPA fought against it for years.