Gilmore "O-lay" move on Blount

Wow people really hate the Best CB on the team so much they come up with anything to get upset about.

It's just been an issue for nearly his entire career.

I believe it was his second season he cost us a game at home with a pathetic tackle effort and got shamed for it and then came out and actually tackled soundly like a football player for the rest of the year.........so he can do it if he wants to.

It's one thing if it's just him not making tackles but it's a compounded problem because in the process of being a p*ssy in the run game he uses bad form and gets injured.

As I've mentioned, he hurt himself in the opener doing the exact same thing that finished his season last year.

I get it, you don't want to collide with Blount but wrap him up and wait for help.

It would be one thing if he was a young Revis on deep, contested throws........but he's not. He's vulnerable there too.

I am all for franchising him and working to replace him rather than signing him long term and having him on and off of IR for 3 years before cutting him half way thru his deal.

Never be satisfied and always, always find something to B word about. :thumbsup:

If you don't like a thread subject, be sure to respond to it so you can bump it to the top of the page. :thumbsup:

You literally NEED to stick to links.

You are to points what Gilmore is to tackling. :lol:

Whats funny is the same people killing Gilmore here for stopping Blount albiet a little week, would be the same people killing Gilmore if he came in hard and got hurt taking on the Biggest more Physical back in the game.

Man, you just beat me to it.

I can picture the OP now....

"Wow, really?! Did you see Gilmore dive shoulder first into Blount on that meaningless tackle when Blount was just going out of bounds anyway? He didn't even need to hit him. He's a me-first player, and I want him off this team! Well, even though he's been nearly lights-out in coverage for 3-4 games this season. Get the pitchforks!!!"

Man, you just beat me to it.

I can picture the OP now....

"Wow, really?! Did you see Gilmore dive shoulder first into Blount on that meaningless tackle when Blount was just going out of bounds anyway? He didn't even need to hit him. He's a me-first player, and I want him off this team! Well, even though he's been nearly lights-out in coverage for 3-4 games this season. Get the pitchforks!!!"

Better to have him injured with his notoriously bad tackling technique and miss time to weaken the secondary. :rolleyes:

He's certainly a way above average DB, but he shouldn't be the highest paid DB in the league. Hopefully we can sign him to a top 5 sort of contract (even though that is higher than what I believe he deserves) and if he continues to hold out for being the elite DB in the league, franchise him and hopefully we find a DB through the draft that can replace him the year after.

Just going off memory, it almost seemed like Blount thought he was going to go low and was planning on hurdling him but Gilmore noticed this and changed his mind and was somewhat out of position to make a good tackle.

I think Blount was trying to hurdle assuming Gilmore would go low and it was very odd

I thought that's what happened as well. Blount hurdled someone already this year and I thought that's what he was going for again.

Just going off memory, it almost seemed like Blount thought he was going to go low and was planning on hurdling him but Gilmore noticed this and changed his mind and was somewhat out of position to make a good tackle.

Yes.

Yep, he was a total wuss on that play. Didn't want to play football, just wants to cash his paychecks. We should move on from him imho.

Running your best players out of town is a horrible way to do business.

You would have been more upset if he broke his shoulder again and we had to start some rookie.

Receivers duck, QBs slide and corners have to protect themselves too. He's no good to us hurt.