Injuries/Suspensions Blessings in disguise?

Virgil

To what end do I believe this, I don't know. But, I'm starting to feel like the recent play without Dareus and Watkins have helped the Bills find a better identity.

So many offensive game plans seemed to force feed Sammy the ball and if that was taken away, the offense was just anemic. Look at the ball distribtion against the Pats today. It was amazing. It got everyone involved, confident. I also want to see O'Leary more.

The defense is a little different with Dareus, however I think his absence has forced others to step up. And not just Dareus, but I mention him because of the contract and expectations. Alexander and Zach Brown have both come up huge filling in for injuries to the point where I don't know if I want them off the field when the rookies can return.

Now, this is where I get absolutely flamed. If this season continues with this level of play (not just wins/losses), do we really need to pay the money for Watkins/Dareus? If the trade value is there, which who knows, should we not listen? If they are both "A" level players, I would rather have two reliable "B" players, more picks and more money to up the talent level everywhere.

As I type this, I realize I'm talking about what the Pats do, but it feels kinda right.

Flame away.

I think getting Darius back will help the team. If there was a silver lining to the injuries and suspensions its that the team needed to see if there was talent in the second tier and in the last two games it has shown! Getting back proven plays just means the team has more depth and with injury just a play away, its a good thing!

Fire FireRex! J/K :lol:

Hey, if Rex keeps the team playing like these past two weeks, I may need to change the screen name again.

27CornerBlitz has a nice ring to it 😀

I think getting Darius back will help the team. If there was a silver lining to the injuries and suspensions its that the team needed to see if there was talent in the second tier and in the last two games it has shown! Getting back proven plays just means the team has more depth and with injury just a play away, its a good thing!

I agree more about Dareus than Watkins. Dareus' next suspension worries me the most.

The absence of Watkins is gonna allow Tyrod to build chemistry with the rest of the team and learn how to look for them. I think at the end of last season, Sammy was like his safety net. Now without that safety net were spreading the field with more WRs, TEs, n RBs getting targets, you are correct, as good as Sammy is, this was a good thing. Now imagine what we look like when a HEALTHY Watkins gets back on the field. Super Underdog Powell!! 4 Recs!!
Lose your star WR to injury brehhhs!!! Start winning games without him brehhs!!

Edited by Marty McFly

To what end do I believe this, I don't know. But, I'm starting to feel like the recent play without Dareus and Watkins have helped the Bills find a better identity.

So many offensive game plans seemed to force feed Sammy the ball and if that was taken away, the offense was just anemic. Look at the ball distribtion against the Pats today. It was amazing. It got everyone involved, confident. I also want to see O'Leary more.

The defense is a little different with Dareus, however I think his absence has forced others to step up. And not just Dareus, but I mention him because of the contract and expectations. Alexander and Zach Brown have both come up huge filling in for injuries to the point where I don't know if I want them off the field when the rookies can return.

Now, this is where I get absolutely flamed. If this season continues with this level of play (not just wins/losses), do we really need to pay the money for Watkins/Dareus? If the trade value is there, which who knows, should we not listen? If they are both "A" level players, I would rather have two reliable "B" players, more picks and more money to up the talent level everywhere.

As I type this, I realize I'm talking about what the Pats do, but it feels kinda right.

Flame away.

I do think Shaq and Ragland being hurt has been a blessing in disguise.

Was not fond of the idea of the Bills starting two rookie LB's after a year where mistakes were so costly on D. This is a veteran-friendly D.

Missing Dareus was costly in the first two games though. Not a blessing.

It also means that the players have finally adopted the system and vice versa. Players are now making plays with natural instincts rather than guessing,

Flame away.

Dont go getting all soft on me now!

:)

With Dareus back and Lawson coming in, topped with the guys out there now, this defense could be scary. The Bills need to have depth if defense is going to be their bread and butter, so not a big fan of trading talent away right now to save money. Let's see this D with Marcel in there for a few games before we determine his value in it.

Go Bills!

Tyron mentioned in his presser that with Sammy missing otas and much of the preseason he and woods had a lot more work together building that chemistry. Yes, silver lining there. Or maybe it was just Roman all along...?

Flame away.

Silver-lining? Maybe? But we did lose two games. It was not all good.

I do think Shaq and Ragland being hurt has been a blessing in disguise.

Was not fond of the idea of the Bills starting two rookie LB's after a year where mistakes were so costly on D. This is a veteran-friendly D.

Missing Dareus was costly in the first two games though. Not a blessing.

This seems right. Zach Brown has been simply awesome. I am excited to see Shaq join the crew for the Miami game, though.

Dareus and Sammy are elite. I'd much rather have them than not. Yes it opens up more real game experience for the depth players, but those two can win you games by themselves.

As far as money goes, we are in good shape on the cap. Dont let the elites get away like we did with big Pat, Jason Peters, Winfield etc.

The Bills are much better with a healthy Sammy Watkins. On defense however, injuries may have helped the team in the long run. Zach Brown is an athletic freak who is finally learning how to play the game. In high school he was a star wrestler and ran a 10.6 100 meter dash. He is really fast for a guy who is 6'2 and weighs over 240 pounds. I wish we would have given him a contract longer than 1 year. Props to our pro scouts.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker