Karlos Williams only has one game left on suspension....

Iraq Vet

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karlos was cut for 3 reasons:

1. Reported beyond fat, like super size me fat, after the offseason.

2. Got suspended for 4 games for substance issues. 2b: Rumor was he declined to enter substance abuse program to reduce his suspension, which if true would actually be an additional strike IMO.

3. Was not losing the weight fast enough and was getting out played through camp by McCoy, Bush, MG and JW.

Those are a lot of strikes against a young player at the most replaceable position in football. I was a big fan of his potential and future, so would love to see him turn this around and end up back here. However, the suspension is only 1 of 2 to 3 other issues that caused his release. I would think the Bills would not even consider a return unless he had seriously addressed the other issues like being fat and not ready to play.

If Karlos was smart and motivated, and his track record suggests he may not be, he would have been working like a mad man to get into peak form and prove to the Bills or any other team that he needs to be on a roster. His on field resume last year as a rookie was too good for none of the teams who took a look at him to have not signed him or for the Bills to have cut him. So I have a feeling that he's still not in very good shape and not working hard to get through it...otherwise you would think he would be signed now so he had time to get familiar with the playbook before his suspension ends.

this and

There was something(s) more, beyond 1-3.

definitely this. What is sad is, with all the concussions he got last year, especially the one where he lost his basic motor skills, he may have CTE or his behavior may have been severely affected by the concussions. I guess well never know.

Any substance which is altered in its genetic state through chemical processes which are not naturally occurring i.e alcohol, cocaine, ecstacy, meth, heroin, scripts, etc are drugs, technically. Therefor I wouldnt place marijuana in the "drug" category. It is in the munchie inducing category, which explains his massive weight gain tho :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No inside knowledge, just things he said, teammates said to him on Twitter, reports that teammates didn't trust him, etc. Again I think you can work through the suspension and weight issues and those were known well before he got cut.

Yea. dont wanna be a chatty patty but I wonder if he wasnt taking the game seriously, missing player meetings or something like that.

If he spent the last 4 weeks losing weight, getting straight and getting into playing shape, I'd give it a shot. He was a powerful inside runner LY - something that appears to be lacking so far.

There is no way he shed 30 pounds in 4 weeks. Not happening. His mental and commitment issues will take even longer to cure, if ever. Time to move on.

There was something(s) more, beyond 1-3.

I dont disagree with that all, and suspect there could be as well. I only listed the things we knew about, and if there is more to the list of reasons, that just makes him coming back that much more of a long shot.

Isn't that strange??? That seems odd that he can serve a suspension while not on a roster?

The theory is that if a marginal player is suspended as a free agent- you don't want it to be career ending.

Mg and JW and Bush have combined for 18 yards rushing through 3 games.

To be fair, we know very little about what they'd do with more reps. McCoy is barely getting enough due to our lack of plays. If one of those guys was fed a solid 8-10 carries they might be nice role players

first , it's J. so start with that and work your way back. As a grand Master here I revere, and one whom keeps great knowledge in his trousers. I am surprised you query him in this manner. He deserves the privilege and respect of his revered status. J is the shet. read between the lines and color outside of them !

It was spelled Goodel. That your first clue.

He has been on my list. have no worries for that.

This is a rather fine post. Mike is a bit different as he has the speed to get around when opportunity presents. But he seems to be an understudy of LeSean about the subtleties between the tackles this year. With limited rep.

I do think JWill is the pounder of the future for the Bills.

Karlos has found another path than running for Our Bills to me

Wouldn't that be punishing the team ?

I would considered that an understood consequence... Just seems like he's being suspended for work when he doesn't have a job....

I don't agree with the OP on TDMike. I love that kid and wish we'd give him the ball more. He is averaging 6.7 yards a carry in limited snaps this year and averaged 5.7 in his 47 attempts last year. I am inclined to agree on the other two.

On JWill..... he just looks a bit leaden footed to me at this stage. Yes he is a bigger body, but I don't see quick feet and I don't see much explosion. I know he has had few opportunities so far in the regular season, but I thought the same in pre-season action. I think he has been lauded before any production.

On Bush.... we had Felton fielding punts on Sunday. Seriously. If he is behind Felton in the punt return queue then he has no place on this roster except as a gimmick back (catching screens etc - and that is not Tyrod's strong suit. I'd dump him for Karlos if there is any sign that the kid has lost the weight and got back in shape.

On Bush.... we had Felton fielding punts on Sunday. Seriously. If he is behind Felton in the punt return queue then he has no place on this roster except as a gimmick back (catching screens etc - and that is not Tyrod's strong suit. I'd dump him for Karlos if there is any sign that the kid has lost the weight and got back in shape.

Felton was the up back for Tate, because well, he's a fullback and that's what a fullback's role is with returns. You don't actually think he was the punt returner do you?

Would you welcome him back? None of our current number two running backs has impressed me....

• They guy we drafted this year, Johnathan Williams, I don't even remember a single play he has made.... way to early to call him a bust.
  • Reggie Bush... nothing
  • Mike Gillislee... not impressed at all.
At this point, I would even talk with old man Freddie Jackson (I am joking of course).

What if the plan all along was to bring him back after week 4? Just saying.... I would not put it past the GM and Rex. They tell KW "you have an extra month to shed the weight... just do it and you're back on the team."

Disagree with your Gillislee comment every time he touches the ball he's getting positive results. The problem to me is he's not getting enough touches. With that said I would embrace Karlos coming bk to this team.

Felton was the up back for Tate, because well, he's a fullback and that's what a fullback's role is with returns. You don't actually think he was the punt returner do you?

He was on the field and Bush wasn't. I am aware Tate was the primary returner and Arizona were kicking away from him. If Reggie is not playing a returns role and he is hardly getting in on offense then why is he here?

The theory is that if a marginal player is suspended as a free agent- you don't want it to be career ending.

To be fair, we know very little about what they'd do with more reps. McCoy is barely getting enough due to our lack of plays. If one of those guys was fed a solid 8-10 carries they might be nice role players

Well, to be fair, no one knows if Karlos would have done better than all of those guys with the same or more reps--even at 260 lbs.

It's safe to conclude that he could not have done worse than that trio has after 3 games...