Josh McDaniels to pursue HC job in 2017

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are the first to ever call this Reagan Republican a hippie. Congratulations. I do like classic rock though (Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Doors, Who etc.).

If you guys do not believe that negativity and the vultures swirling around a team can effect a team then I guess you do not believe in sports psychology and we disagree. The same thing clearly happens in every day life if you have a negative and horrible work environment.

No - I am not blaming "the fans." I do not believe that the Sullys (Sullen) and negative Nancys of the world (and on this site) represent "the fans" - you guys just happen to be the loudest and seem to make it your life's mission to attack Rex.

Just my two cents.

We aren't talking about sports psychology. We are talking about whether posters or posting on a fan site affect the outcome on the field.

It doesn't because it can't.

The Hoody doesn't have a coaching tree, because the Hoody is a cheater.

The Patriots know what their opponents are going to do before they do it. The results are tangible--4 championships with a 6 round QB and a 3-0 record with 2 backup quarterbacks this year... but the effects of this system have much broader implications. Due to compartmentalization, the number of people within the Patriots organization that understand the scope of the cheating is likely limited. So, if you're some middle of the road coordinator (Matt Patricia, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Bill O Brien, Josh McDaniels, etc.) you probably know that the opponents signals/walkthroughs/locker room conversations are recorded and analyzed, but the direct benefit of that intel is limited to those on a "need to know" basis.

None of these coordinators actually LEARN how to call a game, or run a team--they're like Julia Styles in a Bourne movie: they've seen all the action behind the scenes, but have no clue how to use it in the real world.

Lol... McDaniels was fired after EMBARRASSINGLY attempting to set up his own surveillance system in Denver. It was humiliating, and the Broncos had major egg on their face.

Or is this one of those boards that lives by the mantra "I wish the Bills could cheat as good as the Patriots!"

Does anyone think the Patriots fans used to have these conspiracy theories about us when we made an unprecedented four Superbowls in a row?

They win because they are the best. Want to knock them off their perch? Go out there and hit them right in the mouth. Starting this Sunday would be good.

We aren't talking about sports psychology. We are talking about whether posters or posting on a fan site affect the outcome on the field.

It doesn't because it can't.

I am talking about sports psychology.

If you are surrounded by negativity, guess what? I firmly believe that negativity breeds negativity.

I absolutely believe that. The haters here and in the media are emblematic of a certain percentage of fans/media that surrounds the team.

It is not that one post by you or anyone else by itself is going to affect anything per se. I am referring to the negativity that you guys here and in the media are indicative of.

I will give you an example of how this worked this past weekend in a positive way. At the beginning of the game, it did not look good for us. The offense moved backward (in the aftermath of the G. Roman firing) and the Cardinals had tremendous field position. I could sense that the crowd could have turned real negative really quickly. Fortunately, the Cardinals did not take advantage of the great field position, the Bills offense got on track, and the home crowd was engaged, loud, and tremendous.

A non sports example: In my line of work, there is a tremendous amount of stress for a variety of reasons. In any event, I always have believed that anxiety breeds anxiety. I choose to stay away from people that go bat sh*t crazy when there is stress. The same thing with negative people who are always bitching and moaning.

If you do not agree with me, so be it. I frankly will not be bothered by it. Believe what you will. If you like negativity, there are a lot of people on this board and in the Buffalo media who will scratch your itch. I choose to point out when I think people are being ridiculous (at least in my view).

Just my two cents.

Bill O'Brien was never the Jets HC, and as stated above, you consider him a part of the BB coaching tree, so I'm unsure what's going on here.

BOB went 9-7 in 2014 and 2015 with the Texans with a playoff berth with terrible quarterbacking. That's success. Many fans, including myself, would kill for that kind of result at this point. Even with a singular "embarrassment" to the Pats (like that doesn't happen to the Bills 2x a year in the last millennia).

Sorry misread your first post, thought you meant Al Groh which is why I said he was the Jets HC for one season. Just misread your post...my bad

#1 job in the NFL will be the Jaguars job. Coaches will be begging for it. I think Josh McDaniels has his name written all over it.

Jim Schwartz possibly to the Titans makes a lot of sense.

I am not challenging you on this - I am just curious why this will be the number one job:

Owner?

Talent?

Playing at least one game in the city that Arsenal plays in?

Something else?

#1 job in the NFL will be the Jaguars job. Coaches will be begging for it. I think Josh McDaniels has his name written all over it.

Jim Schwartz possibly to the Titans makes a lot of sense.

I think Indianapolis might be a good landing spot. Pagano's terrible, and they need a GM who know's what he's doing. But they have Luck - and that helps a lot.

I think Indianapolis might be a good landing spot. Pagano's terrible, and they need a GM who know's what he's doing. But they have Luck - and that helps a lot.

I don't think Pagano is terrible. Their roster kinda sucks. They should fire their GM. But an offensive head coach would make a lot of sense there.