Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

The security is out of hand. Last year during the Houston game someone with a black jacket was acting a fool and security came over and evicted everyone in the entire section with a black jacket. Unfortunate for me as I was wearing a black Bills jacket and even though 2 security guards ID'd the 1 that was acting the fool and said that it wasn't me, 1 guard said he didn't care and kicked me out as well. I then received a letter saying that I am now banned from the stadium. It was their mistake and now I'm banned because I happened to be wearing a black jacket. I typically drive the 400+ miles each way to at least 2 games a year and invest in over $1,000. per game. I will miss going to the games but I won't miss the $$ in my pocket. You need to get it right Buffalo. Now instead of taking my kids to Bills games and raising them to be Bills fans, I will most likely take them to Baltimore and let them decide what team they want to route for.

You should tell your story to the PR department and/or write a letter to Kim Pegula. If not satisfied, take it to the media. If you did nothing wrong and were banned you shouldn't just accept it.

Man...i hope some day the idiot fans of Buffalo can learn from our genteel and courteous fans to the north on how to behave at games...we could all learn a lesson from those Jays fans during the playoffs.

LOL, especially because it's usually the Canadians that cuase most of the trouble at Bills games too. They spend the morning getting wasted on their bus, then drink more at the tailgate, and then act like !@#$s since this isnt their city or country and they dont give a ****. They're comparable to tourists in Vegas. Roll into a city that you dont live in, hellbent on destruction.

Forget Mexico, we need to build a wall up north! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

LOL, especially because it's usually the Canadians that cuase most of the trouble at Bills games too. They spend the morning getting wasted on their bus, then drink more at the tailgate, and then act like !@#$s since this isnt their city or country and they dont give a ****. They're comparable to tourists in Vegas. Roll into a city that you dont live in, hellbent on destruction.

If you do that then how do we get to the strip clubs?

:rolleyes:

says people who usually never go to a game...as opposed to 40 somethings who own club seats(eball) and 50 somethings who own upper decks(me).

So tired of folks who never go to a game whining about it...

ask Paul Maguire or Booth Lustig what a game at the Rockpile was like( i barely remember)..ask me what a game in the late 70's was like when we brought beer balls and fifths of Southern Comfort in as teenagers, or the mid eighties when me and 15,000 of my closest friends were the only people at the game and they were selling jumbo 36 oz beers in the stands ....games were great then, they are great now..only difference is games are much tamer now and cell phones.

So stay away and whine .....prolly makes the stadium a funner place to be.

I hear what you are saying and I am with you plenz.

It's an application of "The Tragedy of the commons." That is what is happening if you apply the theory in a creative way. Please note, to make whoever is reading this undertstands... I am appling the theory in a creative way.

"The tragedy of the commons is an economic theory of a situation within a shared-resource system where individual users acting independently according to their own self-interest behave contrary to the common good of all users by depleting that resource through their collective action."

There's not 15k @ anymore a game. Break down all the players and the finite resources that go into average weekly NFL production (game day).

Remove the seats from as many sections as necessary and have standing and sitting sections. You cannot sit in a standing section or stand in a sitting section. Problem solved :)

A standing only section would absolutely lead to some injuries and possibly deaths from trampling/crushing, especially with a bunch of drunk people. They used to do this in the English Premier League and I believe it is now banned.

A standing only section would absolutely lead to some injuries and possibly deaths from trampling/crushing, especially with a bunch of drunk people. They used to do this in the English Premier League and I believe it is now banned.

Create rows in the standing sections with railings. That would be the same as seats in the sections where people stand all game already.

Create rows in the standing sections with railings. That would be the same as seats in the sections where people stand all game already.

YEP, this is the way to go!!!! maybe even make the top ten rows of every section...

Edited by plenzmd1

They already have a wall to keep the people of the north in the north.

game-of-thrones-wall-700x350.jpg

It's really about old versus young. Seems like the crowd is younger, rowdier, and less respectful than it used to be. Hordes of young people with nothing better to do than get super messed up and act like tough guys at a public sporting event. Bills games have become a pathetic display the past few years and it's not just because the product is bad. IMO Western New York is finally seeing the results of years of underinvestment in jobs and schools. I'll say it: WNY millennials are a sad lot.

It's really about old versus young. Seems like the crowd is younger, rowdier, and less respectful than it used to be. Hordes of young people with nothing better to do than get super messed up and act like tough guys at a public sporting event. Bills games have become a pathetic display the past few years and it's not just because the product is bad. IMO Western New York is finally seeing the results of years of underinvestment in jobs and schools. I'll say it: WNY millennials are a sad lot.

this is WRONG :lol: ...crowd not younger, you/we are older. :thumbsup:

Less "messed up" than any other time in Bills history in my opinion.

Display much better than in the 90's or 80's or 70's, just bad stuff caught on cell phones now.

WNY millennials are the same as millennials anywhere...but at least a lot of them got the stones to stay home and work on making Buffalo great, unlike me and my generation

I generally tailgate now with kids between 18-27 for the most part..have a great time. A few get a bit tipsy every now and again...as i did at that age...but they fun drunks and listen to reason when you say time to switch to water for a long spell.

Edited by plenzmd1

Thats right about where my seats used to be. Could never bring my dad or any kids because of the 3 hours of standing. I get it, but it is a little ridiculous at times. Ideally, stand during defense, sit while on offense, but it's tough to get 10,000 people to agree.

Every game I've attended which is usuallly in the upper decks as i'm not local, but even when I grew up in Buffalo, Bills fans are smart. Shut up on offense so you can hear a pin drop. It's funny I remember some dumb fans screaming and whole section shhhs them, "hey offense". On defense I can't ever remember sitting once. Smacking the metal chair in front of you screaming as hard as possible in the huddle and the LOS and then let it play out.

I sometimes picture the fans at New Era Field in the lower bowl as walkers from TWD. 90% drunk, not watching the game, standing around and waiting for 'the wave' to get started so they can raise their hands in the air. Here it comes..... Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Generalize much? You're not even close.