Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

Game Day Staff Information Report. Aisle Walk Schedule Apex 12 & 6 minute marks(mm) Erie County Sheriff 12 & 4 mm Ushers 10 & 4 mm CSC 8 & 2 mm. Sec 312-311 has a new usher who Never walks the aisle. The last usher was great. Jerry walked the aisle every 4 minutes if not more.!

It's a fact that one can cheer louder from a standing rather than seated position.

now just an outdoor drunken free-for-all for 20-something guys. all others largely squeezed out by the "animal house" motif. is what it is. reflection of todays society-- its all about "me"and "my good time". so unless you conform and join in fully just stay away. really sad. but hey, consider the environment. would expect nothing less.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

now just an outdoor drunken free-for-all for 20-something guys. all others largely squeezed out by the "animal house" motif. is what it is. reflection of todays society-- its all about "me"and "my good time". so unless you conform and join in fully just stay away. really sad. but hey, consider the environment. would expect nothing less.

says people who usually never go to a game...as opposed to 40 somethings who own club seats(eball) and 50 somethings who own upper decks(me).

So tired of folks who never go to a game whining about it...

ask Paul Maguire or Booth Lustig what a game at the Rockpile was like( i barely remember)..ask me what a game in the late 70's was like when we brought beer balls and fifths of Southern Comfort in as teenagers, or the mid eighties when me and 15,000 of my closest friends were the only people at the game and they were selling jumbo 36 oz beers in the stands ....games were great then, they are great now..only difference is games are much tamer now and cell phones.

So stay away and whine .....prolly makes the stadium a funner place to be.

Edited by plenzmd1

LET ME SHED A LITTLE MORE LIGHT ON THIS, THERE are two guys row 28 on the right side going down i think ,,they cry to security every time someone stands in that aisle, both think they own the aisle ,both are major "as#$%^&"

but that is why security is there because of them .i think they hold hands most of the game ,that might explain more. :thumbdown:

says people who usually never go to a game...as opposed to 40 somethings who own club seats(eball) and 50 somethings who own upper decks(me).

ask Paul Maguire or Booth Lustig what a game at the Rockpile was like( i barely remember)..ask me what a game in the late 70's was like when we brought beer balls and fifths of Southern Comfort in as teenagers, or the mid eighties when me and 15,000 of my closest friends were the only people at the game and they were selling jumbo 36 oz beers in the stands ....games were great then, they are great now..only difference is games are much tamer now and cell phones.

WNY is a big time liberal , inclusive type town, share and share alike.. guess that doesn't extend to "game day".... standing the whole game and thereby forcing others do it is just self-centered, selfish and exclusive. The standers lock everyone who is not them out of the "fun", especially,say, the middle schoolers or women who can barely see when everyone is sitting, for crying out loud. So they are now locked out of NFL football in stadium? Is that what you're saying? Women, children and less able, more sober people just stay the f home? Bills games are now country clubs for stoned drunk selfish standers? conform or leave? Is that what the game day experience has come to at the Ralph?

And by the way, I grew up in that stadium, so stuff that one. I've seen and done it all, pal. Probably logged more hours on property (and off!) than most on this board. And we respect those around us and sat most of the time and had a great time. Its not hard. Try it sometime.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Sunday was my first game since 1999, and I stood almost the entire game, since most of the people in my section did. I definitely noticed the difference in my stamina from 1999 vs. 2016!

So I can understand why people who aren't physically capable of standing for almost four hours would have a problem. But when 60,000 plus people come together in one place, with alcohol, not everyone is going

to be courteous to each other. Enter security. There were no problems at all in my section, but I did notice that security was a little more active in the end zones.

Compared to the 90's though, things looked well controlled and pretty tame.

Game Day Staff Information Report. Aisle Walk Schedule Apex 12 & 6 minute marks(mm) Erie County Sheriff 12 & 4 mm Ushers 10 & 4 mm CSC 8 & 2 mm. Sec 312-311 has a new usher who Never walks the aisle. The last usher was great. Jerry walked the aisle every 4 minutes if not more.!

Jerry was also two seconds from a nervous breakdown most games.

Robert's a good dude, but he's more interested in policing the entry way than the aisles.

It's all about expectations. If you attend a football game and expect that no one will ever block your view, I would say those expectations are unreasonable. I also think if you attend a game and expect that you can stand all game with no regard for those behind you, those expectations are also unreasonable. It's absolutely a "sometimes" thing. During big moments, fans should have both the reasonable expectation they may stand and cheer, and the reasonable expectation that if they sit or stand their view may be blocked.

Corrected. And yes that should be the reasonable expectation as it is the reality of the situation. Sad though, in my opinion anyway, that being short is a reason not to go to games.

He watches the game in 75 minutes while eating dinner. He's not going to get it.

Actually I do "get it". Which is why I watch the game in 75 minutes with my family during dinner instead of at the stadium. So we all can see and enjoy the 75 minutes of action together without the 2.5 hours of commercials/dead-time.

What is reasonable and what is optimal (everyone being equal height, age, and capacity) are unfortunately incongruous.

Exactly. But everyone seated tends to minimize the negative effects. At least in my opinion.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Brought my dad to the Card's game and he pretty much had to watch the game on the screen because he can't stand for any length of time. I did the same because I wasn't going to stand the whole game and leave him sitting by himself. Now, he probably shouldn't be going to games, but he's a stubborn old bastard! Probably his last game at the stadium. It's too bad he had to watch it on a screen.

Brought my dad to the Card's game and he pretty much had to watch the game on the screen because he can't stand for any length of time. I did the same because I wasn't going to stand the whole game and leave him sitting by himself. Now, he probably shouldn't be going to games, but he's a stubborn old bastard! Probably his last game at the stadium. It's too bad he had to watch it on a screen.

Yes it's an imperfect world. And the Bills need every stubborn old bastard fan they can get. Maybe a seat in the 200's is the [albeit expensive] answer? I suspect they don't stand all game in there.

WNY is a big time liberal , inclusive type town, share and share alike.. guess that doesn't extend to "game day".... standing the whole game and thereby forcing others do it is just self-centered, selfish and exclusive. The standers lock everyone who is not them out of the "fun", especially,say, the middle schoolers or women who can barely see when everyone is sitting, for crying out loud. So they are now locked out of NFL football in stadium? Is that what you're saying? Women, children and less able, more sober people just stay the f home? Bills games are now country clubs for stoned drunk selfish standers? conform or leave? Is that what the game day experience has come to at the Ralph?

And by the way, I grew up in that stadium, so stuff that one. I've seen and done it all, pal. Probably logged more hours on property (and off!) than most on this board. And we respect those around us and sat most of the time and had a great time. Its not hard. Try it sometime.

What i was referring too was the reference that the stadium is filled "drunk 20 year olds now"...that is such a tired argument it drives me nuts. What i am saying is the atmosphere and shannigans have been the exact same at the stadium for the last 50 years...no change what so ever. And it's one where i have been bringing my kids since they were 5 years old.

The one change is that now the lower bowl stands all game...it is not a new phenomenon...been going on for at least the last 7-10 years. If you don't like it, move your seats. Buy seasons in the upper deck, buy clubs...if your coming as a one off game yep,buy in the upper deck.

it sucks if have had lowers for twenty years and you dont want to move..why i am back upstairs. Was a time not long long ago when i hated people who would bring phones to meetings etc...still do...but times have changed and i have had to change with them.

Huh. Seems I touched on some nerves here. I understand both sides of the argument, but I'm just saying it was very odd to be told to sit. First time I ever experienced that outside of the clubs. Many veteran season ticket holders in our area, we couldn't believe it. We've had the same general crew together for years.

Certainly not unheard of. They got very aggressive about it maybe 10 -12 years ago and then let it drop. Usually was a function of how much bitching they got, if it was accompanied by taunting or intentionally inconsiderate behavior, and how nazi the specific security guy was.

Drunken sociopaths live in their own world, and could care less about those around them.. Sorry that you could not enjoy the dame.

Most Americans Drunken sociopaths live in their own world, and COULDN'T could care less about those anyone or anything around them.

Fixed it for you!

Sunday was my first game since 1999, and I stood almost the entire game, since most of the people in my section did. I definitely noticed the difference in my stamina from 1999 vs. 2016!

So I can understand why people who aren't physically capable of standing for almost four hours would have a problem. But when 60,000 plus people come together in one place, with alcohol, not everyone is going

to be courteous to each other. Enter security. There were no problems at all in my section, but I did notice that security was a little more active in the end zones.

Compared to the 90's though, things looked well controlled and pretty tame.

It's not really a question of stamina since '99. Back then, we didn't stand for every friggin play of the whole game!

I do agree that games are no worse than they used to be - and actually tamer.

My father took me to games every year since I was 6 in 1968. I actually don't remember problems at the Rockpile. But, I do remember super drunk people at Rich, especially on MNF.

Then, in the 80s, it was ridiculous. There were fights all over (now that I think about it, I haven't seen one this year at all).........I saw an entire section get thrown out in '86 vs. Pats. MNF for Dolphins in '84 and Jets in '83 were melees. And, there were plenty more.

It's not really a question of stamina since '99. Back then, we didn't stand for every friggin play of the whole game!

I do agree that games are no worse than they used to be - and actually tamer.

My father took me to games every year since I was 6 in 1968. I actually don't remember problems at the Rockpile. But, I do remember super drunk people at Rich, especially on MNF.

Then, in the 80s, it was ridiculous. There were fights all over (now that I think about it, I haven't seen one this year at all).........I saw an entire section get thrown out in '86 vs. Pats. MNF for Dolphins in '84 and Jets in '83 were melees. And, there were plenty more.

Agreed, I barely ever see fights anymore at the stadium and they were a pretty regular occurence just going back about 10 years ago. People can say what they want but the behavior has cleaned up a lot over the years