Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

I hear ya, but in the end the sitters can say the same thing: if you want to stand, stand in your living room where you aren't blocking the view of a paying customer.

Yeah, that one person up front that HAS to stand even though we're on Offense and down at the other side of the field. :nana:

lol that's why he's standing you can't see the offense at the other end of the field sitting down.

That's how it starts, a few people up front stand then every row behind them slowly stands. I don't think I've been to a bills game in the last 15 years where I didn't stand the whole game.

No way my 81 year old aunt and 77 year old mother could stand for any length of time let alone the entire game. It's good that they were in the 227 family section and were able to enjoy a great gameday experience. When I looked down on the lower bowl I was very glad they weren't down there because it would have ruined their view.

My aunt spent $100+ at one of the Bills" shops and $50+ on food and managed a walk around the concurse in spite of the pain she has in one foot. I hope I can get them to a game for as many more years as they are willing to come.

I hear ya, but in the end the sitters can say the same thing: if you want to stand, stand in your living room where you aren't blocking the view of a paying customer.

another reason the in game experience pretty much sucks these days: stand for 3 hours to see 22 minutes of action , raging drunks all around, etc etc. I'm 6'4" so I can see over anyone, and I still think it sucks as well. stand for for awesome play results, etc, but then sit your ass back down. the only way to enjoy it these day is to get as drunk and belligerent and everyone else ; any i'm ok with that as well, but I am not the average fan. for the most part, they want to sit and watch a football game, not become the raging 12th man for 3 straight hours.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

was it during actual game play or commercial timeouts...etc?

bull ****...I buy a seat....if you want to stand all game go elsewhere

In my section, there are many folks in their 50s and 60s that really don't want to stand all game, so I get it.

And that's exactly the point. Standing does nothing to help the team or make you any louder. Some long time, even lifetime fans can't stand the entire game. You have seats for a reason, be a little courteous to your fellow Bills fans and use them. Should be common sense.

In the upper bowl, sitting is simply the way of life. I'm fine either way, but many people get upset with standing during the game.

In my section, there are many folks in their 50s and 60s that really don't want to stand all game, so I get it.

I think the Bills are trying to appeal to a broader set of people and the truth of the matter is that over time the rowdy game experience favored by some will be eliminated. The NFL as a whole is looking for what I would describe as a much more sterile fan experience. Ultimately I believe it is in the drive for more money.

I know this is a controversial subject, but some a$$hats who were concerned more about friggin standing the whole game than the game itself (and about constantly trying to get everyone around them to do it - both things which I will never understand) had a very negative impact on our game day experience yesterday (not to mention they were obnoxious drunken a$$holes)

We were in the club seats, where no one was standing - except for 5 people rght in front of us. Not just standing when something exciting was going on, but standing all the time - when no one else was. And worse was the stupid "Cmon - stand up! Cmon stand up" constant badgering. Shut the F up and watch the game a$$hole. They were disrupting the game for the entre section who DID NOT WANT TO STAND. My 83 year old Dad DOES NOT WANT TO STAND.

It's fine to stand when something exciting is happening or key 3rd down etc., It's also fine if you are in a section where everyone is into doing it. But if you are blocking and disrupting the game for an entire section that DOES NOT WANT TO STAND, then shut the F up and sit your a$$ down. It doesn't help to go into histrionics while people are trying to watch the game about how your God given rights are being taken away. If you are being a distraction and hundreds of people are asking you to sit down, then Shut up and Sit the F down.

At one point I asked the drunk "lady" in front of my father who was blocking his view "Why to you HAVE to stand" - and her reply was "Because I want to!". Nice - so even though you are blocking views and disrupting the game for fans all around you and there are dozens of people screaming at you to sit your drunk ass down - it should still be all about you. How rude and selfish do you have to be to not just realize today I'm in a situation where me standing the whole game is negatively impacting those around me, and is not going to be an acceptable thing, so I'll just be an adult an sit down and watch the game like everyone else around me.

At one point people behind us in the section got one of the guest services people to ask the people to sit - and of course there was 5 minutes of them wailing and gnashing and wailing about their rights. Give me a Fing break, Just SIT YOU A$$ down and watch the game. And the girl in front of my (83 yr old) father then did her best to troll him the rest of the game by purposely raising her hands above her head "clapping" to try her best to still ruin his game day experience. Nice

Of course a few of the a$$hats just ignored the request to sit at after guest services left so then security came and asked again. So then for the rest of the game we had to deal with these a$$hats every play turning around "Can I stand? Oh no - I can't stand. Oh no I can't have any fun" Jesus. What are you 5 years old? Grow up. Towards the end of the game a couple of them got more drunk and courageous and started trolling a bunch of people behind who were yelling at them them by standing and waving at them every play. I would have loved to have seen the guys from above come down and beat the living crap out of them.

So my thing is its fine to stand when its warranted. During exciting times in the game etc. Otherwise - be aware of the situation around you. If no one else is standing in your section during other times, and everyone around you wants you to sit down, then suck it up just sit the F down and watch the game with everyone else. I get that you WANT to stand - but today it's just not going to work out. Today you'll just have to follow the flow. It;s just common decency. And for God's Sake - don't friggin turn to me every play and tell ME to stand if I DON'T WANT TO STAND.

I was asked to sit once when our D was on 3rd down- I pointed to the scoreboard and asked if he wanted me to sit on 3rd down, he said "never mind"... There are times to sit and times to stand... Personally, i could stand all game, but I try to be respectful of the people around me that may not be able to, or want to

Huh. Seems I touched on some nerves here. I understand both sides of the argument, but I'm just saying it was very odd to be told to sit. First time I ever experienced that outside of the clubs. Many veteran season ticket holders in our area, we couldn't believe it. We've had the same general crew together for years.

Oh, well. Gentrification is a B word.

Lower bowl nobody sits, it's a way of life. :D

was it during actual game play or commercial timeouts...etc?

bull ****...I buy a seat....if you want to stand all game go elsewhere

And I buy one too. Sorry but if the whole section is standing I guess you'll just be sitting and looking at our backs. It's pretty common in many sections of the lower bowl to stand most or sometimes all of the game. If you or someone else can get a few thousand people to sit down I'll certainly join you.

I stand for the following:

Touchdowns.

Third downs on defense.

Sometimes a whole drive on defense, but usually only if everyone else is doing it.

Thats pretty much it. Sometimes i like to be able to watch the game, and eat food/not spill beer everywhere.

Generally speaking you should stand on third downs and important 4th quarter defensive stands when the game is close. Anyone standing on offense will be sure to get a heckle from me.

Someone did heckle a cardinals fan who was standing like the whole game.

Edited by dneveu

And I buy one too. Sorry but if the whole section is standing I guess you'll just be sitting and looking at our backs. It's pretty common in many sections of the lower bowl to stand most or sometimes all of the game. If you or someone else can get a few thousand people to sit down I'll certainly join you.

Do you have to stand between plays....commercials.....timeouts.....?

Thats right about where my seats used to be. Could never bring my dad or any kids because of the 3 hours of standing. I get it, but it is a little ridiculous at times. Ideally, stand during defense, sit while on offense, but it's tough to get 10,000 people to agree.

I like the standing during D, stilling during Offense (unless a 3rd down or big play happening). But too many people want to sit the entire game. They should stay home. You need to stand for the D and make noise. You go to the game to be part of the game. I had some people yelling at each other around me in 135 over whether they should be sitting or standing. I'm generally in the pro-stand crowd.

i went with my buddy to the Rutgers vs Iowa game on saturday and I was MORTIFIED when my buddy yelled out not once, but twice, 'down in front'. I'd rather stand and cheer with the others. I am also very conscious of those behind me when i do stand up...i do not want to block anyones view, but screw it, you are there to cheer, not sit and lounge

I was at the Rex Home Opener last year versus the Colts. The Lower Bowl stood the whole game, even Rex commented on it. It really bothered my wife. I was ok with it but there really was no reason to stand the entire game.

That game we broke tradition and did not tail gate in the far ECC lot. Big mistake. We saw drunks jumping on folding tables and starting fires. We saw fights in the parking lot. We saw topless girls dancing on top of busses. Just before halftime I saw a drunk guy taking a piss in a sink in the men's room right next to a young boy washing his hands. I read that sucker the riot act. Finally, as I was leaving the men's room a fight broke out inside the bathroom, right by the door. I am just tired of it all.

A few weeks later we went to a game in Dallas versus the Seahawks. Totally different experience. We had so much fun without all the drunken behavior, fighting, and the profanity laced tirades. What I suspected is true ... The Ralph (as it was called then) has become a lousy place to see a game.

This year all of my funds for Buffalo games are going to the Sabres, no dollars will be spent going to New Era Stadium.

I am still a Bills fan, just decided to take a break from the home games for awhile.

I was at the Rex Home Opener last year versus the Colts. The Lower Bowl stood the whole game, even Rex commented on it. It really bothered my wife. I was ok with it but there really was no reason to stand the entire game.

That game we broke tradition and did not tail gate in the far ECC lot. Big mistake. We saw drunks jumping on folding tables and starting fires. We saw fights in the parking lot. We saw topless girls dancing on top of busses. Just before halftime I saw a drunk guy taking a piss in a sink in the men's room right next to a young boy washing his hands. I read that sucker the riot act. Finally, as I was leaving the men's room a fight broke out inside the bathroom, right by the door. I am just tired of it all.

A few weeks later we went to a game in Dallas versus the Seahawks. Totally different experience. We had so much fun without all the drunken behavior, fighting, and the profanity laced tirades. What I suspected is true ... The Ralph (as it was called then) has become a lousy place to see a game.

This year all of my funds for Buffalo games are going to the Sabres, no dollars will be spent going to New Era Stadium.

I am still a Bills fan, just decided to take a break from the home games for awhile.

Team stinks, and has forever. That attracts the drunken buffoons.