Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

Ask any singer or radio broadcaster. Standing absolutely allows you to be louder and project better.

Because all the drunk idiots are focued on their breathing and concentrating on projecting from their diaphragms, right? :lol::nana:

Edited by DrDareustein

So, is my GF's father who's over 70 and suffering with bad ankles a whiner?

Grow up, francis.

My dad has been partially paralyzed since childhood and is now in a wheelchair. When he comes with, you know where we sit at sporting events? In the handicapped section.

Because all the drunk idiots are focued on their breathing and concentrating on projecting from their diaphragms, right? :lol::nana:

Fair point, but I'm not a drunk idiot at games any more. I just feel that false point needed to be shot down.

Lower bowl nobody sits, it's a way of life. :D

Yeah, I mean, it's just kind of what we've always done in our area. And again, a bunch of us have been there for years and have gotten to know each other. It's like our own neighborhood, and all of the sudden we had an HOA walking around enforcing petty rules.

Edited by jimmy10

My dad has been partially paralyzed since childhood and is now in a wheelchair. You know where we sit at sporting events? In the handicapped section.

Fair point, but I'm not a drunk idiot at games any more. I just feel that false point needed to be shot down.

I would not be surprised to find that Security was asking folks in OPs sections to sit given the large amount of handicapped seating that is at the top of those sections. It was actually the first thing I thought of when I read it.

And you are technically correct about standing to be louder, but given the state of the fans, it doesnt really apply. Point is, it's a weak argument either way.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

My dad has been partially paralyzed since childhood and is now in a wheelchair. When he comes with, you know where we sit at sporting events? In the handicapped section.

My Dad is 83, and is not in a wheelchair. When he comes with, you know where we sit at sporting events? Not in the cheap seats, but in the more expensive sections - where I hope there will be a likelihood of more mature fans who treat people around them with respect.

The same could be said for you "If you want to stand, stay home in your living room". Not everybody wants to, or has the ability to stand for the entire game for no reason. I've seen people at the game standing just to be annoying to those people behind them. It's called common courtesy. Look it up.

If people are standing in front of me I will be as well. If they're sitting, so will I. If that makes me a bad person with no common courtesy, so be it.

Man, what an emotional thread! It's like we're talking about Marrone and Hackett's legacies in here! Had no idea I would stir such a pot...

Haha, good job!

There is usually at least one of these threads every season. Surprisingly, us masterminds at TBD still haven't figured out the solution yet.

Goal line stands

Third down on D

Celebrations

Basically any time the jumbotron says make some noise, that seems to be the queue to stand up.

It's different in different parts of the stadium though, and I think that's the way it should be. You WANT the end zones to be the rowdiest places in the house.

This is why I like to sit in the last row at Sabres games. The seats at the KBC bother my back, so it's nice to know I can just stand up all game and not bother anybody at all.

Edited by sodbuster

And that's exactly the point. Standing does nothing to help the team or make you any louder. Some long time, even lifetime fans can't stand the entire game. You have seats for a reason, be a little courteous to your fellow Bills fans and use them. Should be common sense.

This^^^. I was at the game yesterday with my 78 year old father, who's been a fan since 1960 and is in poor health. Our seasons are in 113 in a high teen row and we had inconsiderate folks standing most of the game, not caring at all about the folks behind them. As others have noted, it starts a cascade effect that forces folks to stand who ordinarily would not.

It's different in different parts of the stadium though, and I think that's the way it should be. You WANT the end zones to be the rowdiest places in the house.

Yeah, and that's where we are, corner end zone by the tunnel. As long as we're not getting completely blown out, we are loud as HELL down there, and even manage to kick it up a notch when the opponent is in our end. The Cards had a false start in our end yesterday, and I'm positive my ear-piercing whistle contributed to it. :) (Literally, it's ear piercing. My ENT doc has begged me to start wearing ear plugs to games to save what hearing I have left.)

It's just how it's always been down there. The people in front and behind me stand. If someone asked nicely, of course I would sit. I questioned it, but in the end complied with the security guy's request yesterday. I'm not some disrespectful/drunken cretin at games, and it kinda bothers me that some here seem to equate my behavior with that.

among a bunch of Canadians who thought it was great sport to smuggle in as many beers as possible, smoke, and root only for FLOOTIEBALL, EH. That was the last year we had tickets.

I had seasons from 2007-2010. Second row of 200's. First row was 4 guys who walked in a 12:55 and never moved until end of the game. They were great! Also had a group of about 10 guys from Toronto a few seats away. They were always messed up and yelling "GO LEAFS GO" Funny!

Sitting vs standing is going to come down to someone gets their game day experience dumped on. There's no middle ground. Think of your hard line stance when the day comes and you want a new playpen. People are going to be like "its lousy going there, I'm not kicking in for a new stadium if I'm not going there"

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

I'm in 110, and asked my friends "Who decides this is a game where we sit down most of the time?" For the past couple of years, we have stood most of the time..............And, when we were in 108, the last few years there, we stood all the time.

Now I know.

Bills games are nothing more than super drunken outdoor house parties for 20/30-somethings now. Its ok. If you don't want to join in, stay home. No big deal. If the Bills wanted to stop the standing, they should have started this campaign 10 years ago. I don't remember people standing the whole game in lower bowl when I had my sec 115 tiks. 12-13 years ago.... seems like it became a thing 5-6 years ago. Correct? been back in DC for 10+ yrs now... Direct TV replays on the big screen for me now. maybe come up for sodden drunk nostalgia next year...

The crowds are younger now - if I'm taking someone older I get front row of the 200 or 300 sections so they don't have to deal with the standing

But I think killing the vibe by making everyone sit down is a bad idea - the younger fans going to games regardless of how the Bills play are going to keep the franchise going in the next decade. Let them drink and be merry.

I think the Patriots have cues on their jumbotron saying "shhhhhhhhh" when the Pats are on offense, and I think doing something like that would help. Newer fans don't know the etiquette and wouldn't know to sit down during an offensive possession.

Haha, good job!

There is usually at least one of these threads every season. Surprisingly, us masterminds at TBD still haven't figured out the solution yet.

Remove the seats from as many sections as necessary and have standing and sitting sections. You cannot sit in a standing section or stand in a sitting section. Problem solved :)

Bills games are nothing more than super drunken outdoor house parties for 20/30-somethings now. Its ok. If you don't want to join in, stay home. No big deal. If the Bills wanted to stop the standing, they should have started this campaign 10 years ago. I don't remember people standing the whole game in lower bowl when I had my sec 115 tiks. 12-13 years ago.... seems like it became a thing 5-6 years ago. Correct? been back in DC for 10+ yrs now... Direct TV replays on the big screen for me now. maybe come up for sodden drunk nostalgia next year...

You are correct pretty much on all this. I used to measure just how big a game was (and amped up) by if we were standing. The first time I remember it happening was the first home playoff game in 25 years or so. 1/1/89 vs. OIlers. We stood the whole game.

I'm sure the 90s playoff games, we did as well.

And, then we stood for the Cowboys Monday Night game in 2007. That was as amped up of a crowd as ever and it made sense.

It also made sense later that year, when the Pats game got flexed on SNF...............Until we were getting destroyed and I'm like "Why are we still standing? It's 83-0"

Ever since then, it's been standing for almost every game all the time.

Except for our new 110s, where we stand most of the time - until yesterday, where we sat most of the time.

And, yeah - walking in Thursday night, I'm like man, we are in the top 10% of age right now at this gate, easily.

In our area, we're about the median age, though.