Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

People in our row were surprised by the standing. I said better get used to it the whole section stood the entire game last week. If everyone else is sitting I certainly will but when people in front of me are standing, i sure will be as well. If you want to sit, stay at home on the couch

I hear ya, but in the end the sitters can say the same thing: if you want to stand, stand in your living room where you aren't blocking the view of a paying customer.

Yeah, that one person up front that HAS to stand even though we're on Offense and down at the other side of the field. :nana:

lol that's why he's standing you can't see the offense at the other end of the field sitting down.

That's how it starts, a few people up front stand then every row behind them slowly stands. I don't think I've been to a bills game in the last 15 years where I didn't stand the whole game.

No way my 81 year old aunt and 77 year old mother could stand for any length of time let alone the entire game. It's good that they were in the 227 family section and were able to enjoy a great gameday experience. When I looked down on the lower bowl I was very glad they weren't down there because it would have ruined their view.

My aunt spent $100+ at one of the Bills" shops and $50+ on food and managed a walk around the concurse in spite of the pain she has in one foot. I hope I can get them to a game for as many more years as they are willing to come.

I hear ya, but in the end the sitters can say the same thing: if you want to stand, stand in your living room where you aren't blocking the view of a paying customer.

another reason the in game experience pretty much sucks these days: stand for 3 hours to see 22 minutes of action , raging drunks all around, etc etc. I'm 6'4" so I can see over anyone, and I still think it sucks as well. stand for for awesome play results, etc, but then sit your ass back down. the only way to enjoy it these day is to get as drunk and belligerent and everyone else ; any i'm ok with that as well, but I am not the average fan. for the most part, they want to sit and watch a football game, not become the raging 12th man for 3 straight hours.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

At some point in the second or third quarter yesterday, security went up and down the aisle between sections 126-127 asking everyone to sit down, "because people couldn't see."

It was the first time this happened in my six years as a season ticket holder in that section. I explained that to the security guard, and he said he was just doing his job, and there had been a specific complaint.

Did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday? We were all pretty dumbfounded by it.

was it during actual game play or commercial timeouts...etc?

bull ****...I buy a seat....if you want to stand all game go elsewhere

In my section, there are many folks in their 50s and 60s that really don't want to stand all game, so I get it.

And that's exactly the point. Standing does nothing to help the team or make you any louder. Some long time, even lifetime fans can't stand the entire game. You have seats for a reason, be a little courteous to your fellow Bills fans and use them. Should be common sense.

In the upper bowl, sitting is simply the way of life. I'm fine either way, but many people get upset with standing during the game.

In my section, there are many folks in their 50s and 60s that really don't want to stand all game, so I get it.

I think the Bills are trying to appeal to a broader set of people and the truth of the matter is that over time the rowdy game experience favored by some will be eliminated. The NFL as a whole is looking for what I would describe as a much more sterile fan experience. Ultimately I believe it is in the drive for more money.