Week 4: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any definitive word on Brisket or whatever his name is?

Brisket is currently having a rub applied. He's going to be cooked for 3 hours at 300 degrees or until fork tender.

Jacoby Brissett has a torn ligament in his thumb. The question is how long he will be out and if he will need surgery on his thumb. The Patriots said they would take another look at where they stand with him tomorrow, on Monday the 26th.

Don't think there has been any official word on the thumb as of yet.

Garoppolo is said to be "making progress".

Will be interesting to see if the Patriots sign a FA QB in the next few days, as that might suggest none of their current QBs can go.

Edited by Fadingpain

I would not trust any report from anyone anywhere considering any NE quarterback's availability for next Sunday.

If they sign someone, which I imagine they will, like Matt Flynn, it will be some indication of course. I'd be surprised if Jeannine plays, although it's impossible to know any severity of an injury as a fan. I almost want him to play with a bad throwing shoulder. No way he has solid strength on the ball. Pressure him in to mistakes because he can't beat you deep.

Brisket is currently having a rub applied. He's going to be cooked for 3 hours at 300 degrees or until fork tender.

Jacoby Brissett has a torn ligament in his thumb. The question is how long he will be out and if he will need surgery on his thumb. The Patriots said they would take another look at where they stand with him tomorrow, on Monday the 26th.

Don't think there has been any official word on the thumb as of yet.

Garoppolo is said to be "making progress".

Will be interesting to see if the Patriots sign a FA QB in the next few days, as that might suggest none of their current QBs can go.

That sounds like a Brisket that was prepped correctly but tossed into a hot situation. Better off bringing him up to temp slowly.

And we're on to New England!

Seriously though, I will be keeping a very keen eye out on their QB situation. I am sure that we may know more as the week develops, but I would much rather play Brisket or some street free agent that threw into the fire at the last minute.

Ian Rappaport said they most likely won't bring in another QB because they don't want to have to cut anyone to do so. Could be Garrapollo, Edelman and now they're even talking about some backup TE that could take some snaps.

But my biggest concern about this game with Lynn calling plays from the booth is if the Bills helmet radios will be working all game.

Edited by Bubba Gump

ESPN: No team is starting games as fast as Patriots, and it's not even close
Despite starting reserve quarterbacks in their first three games, the Patriots have outscored their opponents 34-0 in the first quarter.

ESPN: Danny Amendola's playing time is down, but his impact remains high
Danny Amendola isn't playing as much as the regulars, but his knack for delivering when called upon highlights his value to the team.

God damn it Rex shut up

No, I'm ok with this. If there is even a 1% chance Rex can bait BB into playing QB for a few snaps then it is worth taking a shot. Granted he will probably move them down the field, but don't you think it is worth it just to have a chance to see Kyle give him the figure 4 leg lock while Aaron gives him the elbow from the top rope and Clay runs out of the dressing room with a folding chair and beats the crap out of him?

NFL.com Game Preview

CBS Sports Game Preview

Bills at Patriots Vegas Lines

Bills vs. Patriots History

NFL Week 4 Maps - Available on Wednesday

CBS Broadcast Team

Play-by-Play: Ian Eagle

Color Analyst: Dan Fouts

Sideline: Evan Washburn

So for me, this game is a test of Rex Ryan in regard to if anything's changed or he's learned anything.

For occasional games, Rex has the team looking good. Well prepared, good game plan, energized but not over-amped. They execute, they don't shoot themselves in the foot. My biggest beef with Rex is it's the HC job to get there every week, not occasional games when his a** is on the line but then believe his own hype and substitute bluster for preparation the next game.

Next game, what will we see? I'm already hearing some bluster. Shut up, Rex

No, I'm ok with this. If there is even a 1% chance Rex can bait BB into playing QB for a few snaps then it is worth taking a shot. Granted he will probably move them down the field, but don't you think it is worth it just to have a chance to see Kyle give him the figure 4 leg lock while Aaron gives him the elbow from the top rope and Clay runs out of the dressing room with a folding chair and beats the crap out of him?

No. It would be succumbing to the Dark One's plan to rack up the personal foul and unnecessary roughness to advantage the Pats** and put the Bills in poor field position.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan