So how much more Simplified can the Pop Warner offense Be

MAJBobby

J Will was hurt for the last few weeks. When he gets healthy we should see a boost in the running game bc well have a power back to spell Shady. This is one of the most overlooked holes in the offensive gameplan the last two weeks. The lack of a bruiser back to punish opposing defenses and wear them out so they arent fast enough to catch Shadys shiftiness and short area speed. As long as we play the Cards with balls and take our shots and do our best Ill be proud no matter the outcome. If we play scared im gonna be pissed and make a bunch of Marrone Hacket jokes. Go Bills!

This claim puzzles me, because I have not seen him listed on the injury report.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take is that both Ryan's and Roman's scheme were overly complex in the sense that the players were forced to learn more plays than really necessary and the result was just too many reads and adjustments to make which slowed things down.

An example is that Jon Gruden used to have his offensive players learn about 100 plays so at a certain point in the game he could pull some obscure play out of his azz that nobody knew and attempt to make it work. It usually never did because since it was rarely used all the players failed to remember what it was or how it worked. Probably why the only QB's to have great success under Gruden were savvy vets Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson.

Bill Parcells used to go to the offensive and defensive meeting rooms as they were formulating the game plans and throw out all but around 25 plays for each unit. Then he would make them run the same plays over and over until they had them down perfectly.

Clearly, the Bills have greatly benefited from going to Lynn calling the offensive plays and Thurman calling the defensive plays. This may change as the season wears on and teams watch the game tapes and get to know what plays the Bills are going to run. Time will tell.

Dumbing down the elementary passing offense sure incites visions of future successes!

its not about complicating offenses it executing....think of ANY good offense in the NFL they run 15-20 plays. Flip it, change formation, put a man in motion, run it with a different grouping this is what the good offenses do. Like it or not Greg Roman and his 40 different run plays in a Sunday game play paralyzed this offense as well as the 49ers

Edited by CardinalScotts

Does this mean that to fix the defense more coaches were hired to teach the Rex scheme and on offense the Bills got rid of the coach and made things simpler?

Makes perfect sense.

I think the right players were brought in and/or retained for Rex's scheme. Rex's D is a belief and trust system, you have to truly believe in it and trust the system for it to work. Mario didn't trust in it and it showed. I think the same might be said for Bradham and that's why they didn't try to re-sign him. I am not saying I trust his system yet, although I can see the potential, but I know it takes all 11 to be on the same page in order to succeed.

Edited by ricojes

Sure it is.... typical OBD... Oops Fans are revolting trot out the 90s players and have them say how good the change will be

But, the staff explained the change and how it would help. Then executed it and it has made improvements.

Why are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

Welp, I guess that would be on the QB getting to ball to the WIDE OPEN WRs. Let me say that again, WIDE OPEN WRs. Ya think!

The QB is the problem here.

Disagree. A variable was changed and improvements were made. QB is not the issue. TT still has to keep learning and improving, but, it wasn't happening in the previous system. IMO now we can figure out if TT can continue to improve.

Disagree. A variable was changed and improvements were made. QB is not the issue. TT still has to keep learning and improving, but, it wasn't happening in the previous system. IMO now we can figure out if TT can continue to improve.

His performance yesterday--given the previous three weeks--was startlingly good.

He "was a QB."

1. He's not a $92M QB yet.

2. Maybe they're taking out the plays that DON'T work or were there just there for superfluous confusion, rather than the ones that produced the open players...

Agreed, is it that tough to understand.

every single time our offense or defense falters they tells us they'll simplify and every time they do that it just confirms what we feared the most. Its the players and coaches inability to just win

Well, we simplified/streamlined the offense and won the last two weeks. So, what are you talking about.

We moved the ball. Had ball control. Less 3 and outs. And, won. What is the problem?

Shady must be so pissed. Losses to Philly last year, now the Eagles are good and he's on the worse team in the league

Yeah, Shady must be so pissed. He's playing the best he's played since coming to Buffalo and has wins over two of the best teams in the NFL.

Amazing what a couple of wins do for you.

Probably already said in this thread but what would our record be if they just fired Roman in the off season?

My guess is they win the Ravens game, where they left a bunch of drives on the field.

This claim puzzles me, because I have not seen him listed on the injury report.

Ive seen it on the NFL Ticker the 1st few weeks on the DNP list. I think he might be healthy now he took some snaps vs the Cards. Regardless his highlight film from college is crazy and remember he had that nice 37yd run vs the skins in pre-season? Hope he can get on the field this season, hes gonna be a monster in a year or 2.

My guess is they win the Ravens game, where they left a bunch of drives on the field.

Agree broseph

Guess you miss my posts about the offense and want to bump this one as a call out.

But here, I am surprised by Lynn and impressed with his offense so far, every week I see growth

Tips hat! It really helps Lynn is a mystery at this point. DCs wont be able to pin point his moves for another few games, then well see how he adjusts, but its looking good, its looking SUPER COOTER Good!

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u3.jpg