Patriots worked out Glenn Gronkowski...

The Senator

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Steinbeck reference on TBD. Or like most of us, are you getting your cultural references from Looney Tunes?

LoL! In this case, Steinbeck. But Looney Tunes has always been a font of cultural references. At least for us more refined cultural observers.

Welcome to Sherwood!

I called this move last week...

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2016/09/report_new_england_patriots_wo_3.html

I freakin' KNEW it. Not only will Belichik get our playbook, he'll turn baby Gronk into an All-Pro!

You aint never lie breh. I remember someone saying that, and then adding that it was part of Rexs plan to send lil Gronk in there to give them a fake playbook. That would actually be a genius idea if it worked and Rex was smart enough to outsmart super vulture Belicheck.

You aint never lie breh. I remember someone saying that, and then adding that it was part of Rexs plan to send lil Gronk in there to give them a fake playbook. That would actually be a genius idea if it worked and Rex was smart enough to outsmart super vulture Belicheck.

Alas, the only guy Sexy Rex outsmarts is himself.

Edit: well, maybe Rob, but that's not saying much.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

• 2 weeks later...

LoL! In this case, Steinbeck. But Looney Tunes has always been a font of cultural references. At least for us more refined cultural observers.

Welcome to Sherwood!

You'd be surprised to find out how massively over-educated most comedians/cartoonists/etc are. The Simpsons and Futurama writing staffs famously had a ton of ridiculously credentialed people for a long time (Harvard educated mathematicians, PhDs, etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Gone

@fieldyates

No surprise, but official: the Patriots have released FB Glenn Gronkowski from their practice squad, per league source. No more Double Gronk

Genius move by the Pats. Not like the dumbass move the Bills made cutting him earlier.

Genius move by the Pats. Not like the dumbass move the Bills made cutting him earlier.

Exactly.

Pure genius.

Why didn't the Bills think of cutting him while he was with the Pats. When is someone at One Bills Drive going to be held accountable.

Gone

@fieldyates

No surprise, but official: the Patriots have released FB Glenn Gronkowski from their practice squad, per league source. No more Double Gronk

The only shock here was that they kept him for another week after the Bills game. The Cheats cut Fast Freddie the second the clock struck :00 in the 4th QTR of the Bills game in 2006.

Edited by Freddie's Dead