Tyrod: Regressed?

NoSaint

Is that what most of the guys in the late teens of a year ranking are doing? He's essentially the lowest paid guy expected to start that's not on a rookie deal

Next April the team has to make a decision on both his $15.5M option and his $12M salary which both become guaranteed at that time, it's a $28M decision with a future cap impact as well. That contract only favors the team if he improves this year. If he doesn't and they have to cut bait, then maybe John Clayton was right all along, and he winds up in Denver.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess that's true if you do not count the first two touchdowns.

I think he meant to say "red zone" and he's absolutely right. If your offense doesn't see the red zone until garbage time and you go 3 for 10 in third down conversions while only possessing the ball for a third of the game, it usually means you got poor QB play, and we did.

But yeah, he made two nice deep throws for scores. Whoopee!

The answer is a little bit of both. One of the things that the Bills want out of Anthony Lynn are more designed roll outs and some zone read action. Both have been absent from the playbook through 2 weeks. You have to try to do what you do best and make teams stop you.

He may not ever be great at using the whole field. If they are playing to his strengths though you should see him having an easier time making plays in the middle of the field. It is also, a little chicken and egg. What is because of the play call and what is his lack of vision? We will start to find out more now that Roman is gone. Again, I would suspect that it is a little of both.

So you want to go forward into 2017 with a limited QB?

I dont. I want and deserve better as a fan

Look i get it. Everyone wants to blame Roman for Taylors lack of success.

I get it we want so bad to have a legit QB, and thats why people are overly critical of Roman.

This is gonna end badly for you people, i give you props though you are all in on Taylor.

So you want to go forward into 2017 with a limited QB?

I dont. I want and deserve better as a fan

I want to see what the next 14 games bring before deciding that. I have seen enough through 16 starts to believe that he is the best option that we have had in years. In addition, I think that he has a very high ceiling because of his skillset. Clearly he has some shortcomings and they do not appear to have improved with an offseason of working on them. Will the change in play calling lend to his improvement? The answer is that we don't know yet; we haven't seen it.

There was 1:24 left with 2 timeouts. Clock was not an issue.

I did not.

I have an huge issue with the read post snap, that won't cut it in the NFL. There's a possibility Clay takes that to the house.

How do you have an issue with the post snap read? Do you know his progression for this play? If Goodwin is his first read and he's wide open TT isn't going to take the time to scan his other targets, he's going to make the throw.

The problem was a combination of the throw and Goodwin's lazy route. If Goodwin makes a hard cut instead of rounding it off the throw doesn't look nearly so bad and perhaps he makes a play on it.

I get it we want so bad to have a legit QB, and thats why people are overly critical of Roman.

This is gonna end badly for you people, i give you props though you are all in on Taylor.

FWIW, I was critical of Roman last year too. He certainly has more than his share of shortcomings. There is blame to go around on this. We will find out as the year progresses where most shall lie.

I don't know many who are all in on him. Most think he's struggled and needs to play better but they're willing to give him the season before writing him off.

I want to see what the next 14 games bring before deciding that. I have seen enough through 16 starts to believe that he is the best option that we have had in years. In addition, I think that he has a very high ceiling because of his skillset. Clearly he has some shortcomings and they do not appear to have improved with an offseason of working on them. Will the change in play calling lend to his improvement? The answer is that we don't know yet; we haven't seen it.

Not only has he not improved, but to my eyes he looks worse. Defenses will continue to "make him be a quarterback" and take away the "strengths" of his game until he makes them pay. I'd like to see him succeed, but I'm not hopeful.

Not only has he not improved, but to my eyes he looks worse. Defenses will continue to "make him be a quarterback" and take away the "strengths" of his game until he makes them pay. I'd like to see him succeed, but I'm not hopeful.

Yeah, I agree. He has a tough task of adjusting his play to account for the defenses adjstments. We'll see if he's capable, but I too have my doubts.

I think he meant to say "red zone" and he's absolutely right. If your offense doesn't see the red zone until garbage time and you go 3 for 10 in third down conversions while only possessing the ball for a third of the game, it usually means you got poor QB play, and we did.

But yeah, he made two nice deep throws for scores. Whoopee!

I don't know what he meant, only what he said. I am not suggesting that the offense was efficient, or that Taylor does not need to improve his performance, but I cannot understand why two long touchdowns are not a good thing. That's two more than most QBs had this week. Whoopee indeed.

I don't know where the stat is but I heard that the plays were being called in with around ten seconds left on the play clock. If your driving a car and only looking ten seconds down the road, you might wind up in a train wreck too. Let's see if the new OC can get the play called in a timely manor so TT has time to read the defense. He's had no time to check down or adjust protection. Let's hope for a better showing Sunday!!

Go Bills!

Just putting a little context out there: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING .

CAVEAT: I know he hasn't played as well as his rating suggests (11th overall once you take Manuel and Brissett out of the leaders), but people need to realize that there is a lot of lousy quarterbacking this league. Even Rodgers hasn't looked great - multiple fumbles last night and a bad final interception to basically end the game for GB. Russell Wilson is struggling. Bortles had very bad game yesterday. Kirk Cousins has been very subpar. And Gabbert, Keenum, Cutler, etc. -- basically many other teams are in worse shape than the Bills at the QB position.

I don't know what he meant, only what he said. I am not suggesting that the offense was efficient, or that Taylor does not need to improve his performance, but I cannot understand why two long touchdowns are not a good thing. That's two more than most QBs had this week. Whoopee indeed.

Don't get me started on those who disregard the importance of big play ability.

Edited by dave mcbride

Just putting a little context out there: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING .

CAVEAT: I know he hasn't played as well as his rating suggests (11th overall once you take Manuel and Brissett out of the leaders), but people need to realize that there is a lot of lousy quarterbacking this league. Even Rodgers hasn't looked great - multiple fumbles last night and a bad final interception to basically end the game for GB. Russell Wilson is struggling. Bortles had very bad game yesterday. Kirk Cousins has been very subpar. And Gabbert, Keenum, Cutler, etc. -- basically many other teams are in worse shape than the Bills at the QB position.

Don't get me started on those who disregard the importance of big play ability.

Overall the quality of the game of football has been decreasing for quite sometime. Not only is QBing a seemingly lost art form, but tackling and blocking are awful now too - there are a myriad of reasons for this. Big play ability is entirely important. Trentative had zero big play ability and defenses take away the short checkdowns. There has to be a level of balance to keep the defense honest...

How do you have an issue with the post snap read? Do you know his progression for this play? If Goodwin is his first read and he's wide open TT isn't going to take the time to scan his other targets, he's going to make the throw.

With the SS (Pryor #25) pressing and the FS (Gilchrist #21) that high Clay is the hot. Their rookie LB (Lee #50) blew his coverage assignment and then fell down. After the play was over Gilchrist immediately pointed at the center of the field to indicate that they just dodged a huge bullet. This is not considered a difficult read for the QB to make.

I meant exactly what I said -- red zone. There's nothing wrong with two long touchdowns, but if that's the only way you can score and the rest of the time you are going 3-and-out, your defense is going to be on the field for 40 minutes. And that's exactly what's happening.