Garoppolo - Another Whaley miss

harv shitz

Why do people (or at least adults) say someone blows (in this context)?

Why do some here make it their life's work to constantly attack Rex?

I will continue to defend Rex even though it does not appear to be the PC thing to do among the "loudest" people here and in the media.

Peter, you SHOULD defend Rex if you think its appropriate to do so.

Do you think he is a good coach? Do you just like him as a person? Both?

I am being serious btw.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont feel that I make lame excuses for Rex Ryan.....only that

- Changes coaches every year does not work for us

- We are only 2 games into the season

That is basically saying that I think the jury is still out

Because we continue to hire idiots.

Quote from your original post....

"lol Garappolo is just another Patriots quarterback who looks great in Belichick's NE system but will suck everywhere else he goes. (Hoyer, Cassel, Mallett, Garappolo, etc.)"

My eyes aren't quite what they used to be but I still don't see "amazing success" in that quote.

Why do people (or at least adults) say someone blows (in this context)?

Why do some here make it their life's work to constantly attack Rex?

I will continue to defend Rex even though it does not appear to be the PC thing to do among the "loudest" people here and in the media.

Carry on with the negativity.

I am being serious btw.

He seems like a fun guy to hang out with. Have a few beers with. As a head coach? He's mostly inconsistent and in a bad way.

Rex was his own worst enemy LONG before anyone here started despising him.... Every time he opens his trap it's like the lid from diaper disposal flew off... And it's not just the foul language, or the bluster, or the false promises... It's the fact that he has NOTHING besides the aforementioned to offer the fans... -ZERO... The spiel went from "We're goin!" to "We're building a bully" to "We won the offseason" to the most recent "I'll be the first mother*&^%er to go" (If the team doesn't deliver)

Think... Do these sound like the words of any professional you've ever met in your life?

Please.

Belichick BARELY talks to the press, and promises all of jack squat, yet he's capable of delivering in SPADES... Why? -Because he's the real deal... Rex and Rob do all this other crap in an attempt to hide the fact that they aren't... Put up, or shut up... How is that unfair?

Edited by #34fan

As Jimmy Garoppolo carves up the phins secondary, looking very Brady like in just a game and a quarter, it appears another great quarterback was missed.

I was on this board pleading with the Bills to pick this kid, but we didn't need him, we had E.J.

Good job, Doug, you and Buddy have put this team in the position its in, simply by passing by quality quarterbacks.

Neither of you two would know a quarterback prospect if he hit you in the nuts with a football!

Harv Shitz, you know I love you brother, but I think gropoopleo will turn out to be just a guy. He's just being coached by the best ever. We don't really have much experience with that here.

Okay smart guy...then tell me how Hoyer and Mallett "LOOKED GREAT". I didn't realize "amazing success" and "looked great" were polar opposites.

They were either traded or got second contracts because teams thought they were good. Lesson: they fooled teams into thinking they were better than they were because of the team they were playing for.

Amazing that I have to even explain it.

It's laughable that you think Garoppolo would resemble any shred of that first half performance were he in a Bills uniform...

Put Tyrod in NE and I guarantee Belicheck get's 10x the production that we'll experience the remainder of this year.

I said last year that the Pegula's made a huge mistake hiring Rex.... I was hopeful this offseason that I was wrong, but it looks like the Ryan's are at most 15 weeks from being unemployed.

I am being serious btw.

I like Rex as a person and as our HC. I think his personality is great for Buffalo. He seems like a real Buffalo guy. He is the first Bills HC that I have been excited about since Wade (although I also liked Chan a lot).

Regardless of what some might say/post, I think he certainly has an excellent defensive mind. I realize our defense got burned (especially on third down), but when I look at those plays, I see guys not making plays.

I also think that he is a HC for whom players both want to play and enjoy playing. When I saw the program about Rex and Rob and heard his speech, I heard a coach trying to inspire his players. The guys here and in the media who are looking for something to complain about hear a guy being boastful etc. Foolish me, I always thought that coaches are supposed to try to inspire and lead. Oh well.

I also admire Rex for taking all of the slings and arrows for the players and coachs and not throw guys under the bus (to a fault) when he had every opportunity (for example) to do just that with Mario last year -- especially when Mario was running his mouth off about supposedly being asked to be a DB when we know he was playing patty cake and only asked to go into coverage a hand full of times. I also will point out how many injuries that Rex and the team had to deal with last year and this year. Rex hardly mentions that if at all.

I still support Rex. I am concerned though that the people here and in the media (who tend to be the loudest but not necessarily the majority) have created an overwhelming amount of negativity around this team. Negativity breeds negativity.

I choose to remain optimistic. I am not going to turn on Rex (or the Pegulas) as some have done here and in the media. I know certain people at TBN seem to have an agenda against the Pegulas. In my mind, Kim and Terry always will have a deep reservoir of good will.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter