Garoppolo - Another Whaley miss

harv shitz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really the Patriots offensive system. The play design is awesome. Yes a QB needs to know the system and have talent, and yes you need the right personnel but much like the Steelers defense it is more about the system and being able to plug in the right personnel than it is about individual greatness. Case in point look at Welker, Amendola, Edelman and now Hogan. These aren't world beaters and wouldn't work in systems run by teams like the Saints, and Giants offense.

It's really the Patriots offensive system. The play design is awesome. Yes a QB needs to know the system and have talent, and yes you need the right personnel but much like the Steelers defense it is more about the system and being able to plug in the right personnel than it is about individual greatness. Case in point look at Welker, Amendola, Edelman and now Hogan. These aren't world beaters and wouldn't work in systems run by teams like the Saints, and Giants offense.

I agree with what you are saying but think your other examples are off base. The Saints pretty much did the same thing for a decade. Guys like Pierre Thomas, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Aaron Stecker, Robert Meachum, Joe Morgan, etc... Half of these guys most people haven't heard of but Brees was throwing for 5K yards a year with these guys. Their system has been very similar to the Pats. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, Whaley blew it when he passed on Peyton Lynch. Picked some run of the mill DE who can't even play and then a stationary LB who can't even play. Trusting in a QB who has no future in the NFL. But that's Bills football. Can't expect anything better.

Ha ha, you are so mad and don't even know the guy's name!! You must really love him. It's Paxton by the way. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, Whaley blew it when he passed on Peyton Lynch. Picked some run of the mill DE who can't even play and then a stationary LB who can't even play. Trusting in a QB who has no future in the NFL. But that's Bills football. Can't expect anything better.

I'm sorry, is P Lynch playing??? I mean you make a point of Lawson and Rags not playing but last I checked, Paxton ain't either.

Dumb point.

I agree with what you are saying but think your other examples are off base. The Saints pretty much did the same thing for a decade. Guys like Pierre Thomas, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Aaron Stecker, Robert Meachum, Joe Morgan, etc... Half of these guys most people haven't heard of but Brees was throwing for 5K yards a year with these guys. Their system has been very similar to the Pats.

Agreed it's a pass first, pass happy offense but much more vertical & quick strike. Patriots relies on a lot of rub routes & two tight end sets. Saints personnel work in their system and Patriots too. Outside of Gronkowki very little of Patriots white boy receivers would work in Saints vertical pass offense which requires size and explosion off the line.

Conversely a receiver whose over 6'2 is almost too tall for the Patriots crossing patterns which expose receivers to a ton of hits. You need a shifty receivers in their offense.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Agreed it's a pass first, pass happy offense but much more vertical & quick strike. Patriots relies on a lot of rub routes & two tight end sets. Saints personnel work in their system and Patriots too. Outside of Gronkowki very little of Patriots white boy receivers would work in Saints vertical pass offense quick requires size and explosion off the line.

That's fair. I thought that you were saying the Pats just plug and play guys and no other teams can do that. Sorry about the misinterpretation.

Rex blows, why do people still defend him?

Why do people (or at least adults) say someone blows (in this context)?

Why do some here make it their life's work to constantly attack Rex?

I will continue to defend Rex even though it does not appear to be the PC thing to do among the "loudest" people here and in the media.

Carry on with the negativity.

As Jimmy Garoppolo carves up the phins secondary, looking very Brady like in just a game and a quarter, it appears another great quarterback was missed.

I was on this board pleading with the Bills to pick this kid, but we didn't need him, we had E.J.

Good job, Doug, you and Buddy have put this team in the position its in, simply by passing by quality quarterbacks.

Neither of you two would know a quarterback prospect if he hit you in the nuts with a football!

Link??? I'm tired of this guy or that guy saying "I told ya so". Show me.