Around the League Week 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need 9 from Langford tonight, Rawls going out early set me back a bit.

I have 5 teams.... 3 of those have wins in the bag to move to 2-0.... to get all 5 to 2-0 I need Jeffrey to get at least 4 points tonight, and for the Eagles defense to score less than 6.... The first of those is quite likely the second of those less likely.

@fieldofschemes

Brand-new Vikings stadium forces players to be carried to locker room through sports bar: http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2016/09/19/11582/brand-new-vikings-stadium-forces-players-to-be-carried-to-locker-room-through-sports-bar/

I saw that yesterday. Hey Adrian, while you're here do you want a shot and a beer to numb some of the pain in your knee?

My 5 takeaways from week 2:

1. In the NFL you can't pay everyone, but you can't afford not to pay your franchise left tackle. Doug Baldwin is a fine receiver but Seattle should have let him walk and paid Russell Okung. That line is going to get Wilson killed.

2. Gus Bradley is coaching for his job. If they are 0-4 after playing the Colts in London he will need to book his own flight home.

3. Something is wrong with the Green Bay offense. I suspect Mike McCarthy can't work out what it is and I have looked at both their games so far and struggle to find structural faults..... I think it is this - Aaron Rodgers is not playing very well.

4. Three weeks in and three of the AFC divisions look as good as wrapped up for me. Pittsburgh, New England and Houston are play-off teams. Book it.

5. Jim Schwartz joins Josh McDaniels on my list of potential retread Head Coaches likely to be in demand come January. The Eagles have been one of the surprise packages so far. They look better than I expected on both sides of the ball.

2. Gus Bradley is coaching for his job. If they are 0-4 after playing the Colts in London he will need to book his own flight home.

5. Jim Schwartz joins Josh McDaniels on my list of potential retread Head Coaches likely to be in demand come January. The Eagles have been one of the surprise packages so far. They look better than I expected on both sides of the ball.

2) Marrone Vs The Bills in November!!!!!!

5) Not saying they are not good, but think how great the Bills looked against the Colts and Miami last year. Philly had played quite possibly the two worst teams in the NFL in consecutive weeks....lets see where they are when they start to play some real teams and real offences.real

3. Something is wrong with the Green Bay offense. I suspect Mike McCarthy can't work out what it is and I have looked at both their games so far and struggle to find structural faults..... I think it is this - Aaron Rodgers is not playing very well.

A lot of teams will look terrible at Minnesota. So many horses on that defense, speed everywhere.

Barr, Smith, Griffin and more are all studs.

@fieldofschemes

Brand-new Vikings stadium forces players to be carried to locker room through sports bar: http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2016/09/19/11582/brand-new-vikings-stadium-forces-players-to-be-carried-to-locker-room-through-sports-bar/

What are they going to do with players who need to be stretchered or on a cart? Cancel the game while they bring an ambulance in as for Bridgewater?

1. In the NFL you can't pay everyone, but you can't afford not to pay your franchise left tackle. Doug Baldwin is a fine receiver but Seattle should have let him walk and paid Russell Okung. That line is going to get Wilson killed.

4. Three weeks in and three of the AFC divisions look as good as wrapped up for me. Pittsburgh, New England and Houston are play-off teams. Book it.

I'm looking forward to see how Schwartz does against Big Ben and the potent Steelers' offense. I mentioned in the Potential HC thread that I'd consider McDaniels for the Bills if there is a vacancy for the '17 season.

I'm looking forward to see how Schwartz does against Big Ben and the potent Steelers' offense. I mentioned in the Potential HC thread that I'd consider McDaniels for the Bills if there is a vacancy for the '17 season.

Two reason why I am liking McDaniels more and more

He has been around the Master for quite some time. I also love that Belicheck wanted him back after his stint with Denver (that speaks volumes to me)

He hopefully learned a lot from any mistakes he made as a head coach in Denver

In the last 6 games the Broncos have beaten: Rivers, Big Ben, Brady, Newton, Newton and Luck

Big Ben and the steelers O was a shell of its self in that game and almost pulled it off

Pats and Brady -- that was the SB last yr... Came down to of all things a missed extra point..

Newton - Carolina -- vastly over rated... But I have never been a Cam Newton fan.. But his team is was over rated. Hell that 1st string O couldn't score on the Pats backups in the 3rd press's on game lol (a joke people don't go crazy)

Big Ben and the steelers O was a shell of its self in that game and almost pulled it off

Pats and Brady -- that was the SB last yr... Came down to of all things a missed extra point..

Newton - Carolina -- vastly over rated... But I have never been a Cam Newton fan.. But his team is was over rated. Hell that 1st string O couldn't score on the Pats backups in the 3rd press's on game lol (a joke people don't go crazy)

They won 6 straight games against top 7 (ish) QBs. Find me another stretch where a team did that? "Close" doesn't matter.