Watkins - Here we go again

Billsfan1972

Happy to see Roman gone.

Any Bills game plan that doesn't have Sammy as the cornerstone is stupid.

This has not changed and Roman is to blame.

Terrible schemes, play calling, no sense of urgency and easily defensed and it never changed.

Two weeks and all of 8 targets, and they never even look his way.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Yeah, some of it may be due to his injury, but seriously 11 total targets in two games. Part of it may be due to not having a legit #2 WR to take away some coverage.

WR-EXCEL-SHEET.png?resize=768%2C223

Notice Brown and Jones have lower yards/rec because they get intermediate to short passes as well. With Sammy it's practically 40 yards or nothing.

Edited by What a Tuel

Yeah, some of it may be due to his injury, but seriously 11 total targets in two games. Part of it may be due to not having a legit #2 WR to take away some coverage.

Notice Brown and Jones have lower yards/rec because they get intermediate to short passes as well. With Sammy it's practically 40 yards or nothing.

Not sure how we could possibly know if Woods is a legit #2 seeing as though, open or not, he gets the ball less than Sammy...

Personally I think Woods numbers with God-awful QB's pretty much prove he could be a legit #2 in this league if given half a chance... B-)

Well, I'm not a coach, but when I look at the All-22 sure looks as though Woods is open a lot of the time. Also Clay.

Not sure how we could possibly know if Woods is a legit #2 seeing as though, open or not, he gets the ball less than Sammy...

Personally I think Woods numbers with God-awful QB's pretty much prove he could be a legit #2 in this league if given half a chance... B-)

Well, I'm not a coach, but when I look at the All-22 sure looks as though Woods is open a lot of the time. Also Clay.

If true then throw him the damn ball Tyrod! I don't care who catches it. It is a fact that Sammy gets the safety over the top consistently though.

He would of course have to stay upright and not fall down though....

Where are the screens or quick throws to Watkins? He KILLED teams with those at Clemson and we have never even tried one ONCE since he has been here...WTF is wrong with these coaches...

Common sense football:

When a DB is lined up 10 yards off Watkins, simply snap the ball, plant your foot in the ground and have Watkins turn to face Taylor and throw him the ball. Its an automatic 6 or 7 yard gain at least if not more, and Watkins has a chance to take that to the house everytime.

Beats running for -3 yards on first down.

Where are the screens or quick throws to Watkins? He KILLED teams with those at Clemson and we have never even tried one ONCE since he has been here...WTF is wrong with these coaches...

Common sense football:

When a DB is lined up 10 yards off Watkins, simply snap the ball, plant your foot in the ground and have Watkins turn to face Taylor and throw him the ball. Its an automatic 6 or 7 yard gain at least if not more, and Watkins has a chance to take that to the house everytime.

Beats running for -3 yards on first down.

yep. seems simple to you and I doesn't it?