Joe Banner as a "Football Czar" what do you think

Estro

I have to be upfront about this:

I had to unfollow Joe Banner on twitter, despite his knowledgeable football tweets, because he is so liberal and anti-Trump......but with that said I read a bunch of his tweets from today and he clearly hates Rex Ryan. I think most of him are right there with him.

Would he be the right guy for the job if we are to clean house. I'm not sure he is because he seems to really like Greg Roman, which is a concern, because I don't want a OC who doesn't pass the hell out of the football. Just throwing it out there.

How about Kevin Kelly, the HS coach who never punts and always wins. How would he be for head coach.

sign a player with off field issues who gets suspended. Your 1st pick had an injury. How are you shocked when 1 is hurt the other suspended

Joe Banner Retweeted John Kryk

Classic. So if it's a mistake it's on owner not Rex. This is all so predictable

Joe Banner added,

Joe Banner Retweeted Adam Schefter

Classic Rex. Had the entire off season to evaluate this, & after 2 games fires a gd coach. Never looks in the mirror

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop with the Czar talk....we need a good GM and an owner that will leave him alone to do his job

I agree with you overall.... the problem is, there is nobody currently at OBD who could or should be trusted in choosing said GM. The possible function of the consultant would be to lay out the framework and interview/hire a GM.

This was the right move and a better organization beat Pegula to it. http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Ron-WolfCharley-Casserly-10-Things-to-Know/e816286a-6cf6-4035-ab42-f9a6aa36119f

Yea if Pegula's were fooled by the allure of Rex Ryan how can we trust that they will do any better the second time around?

If Whaley actually preferred Hue Jackson, maybe Whaley can be trusted because that would've been a reasonable choice, but we still don't know if that's the truth or not. Just like we don't know who actually wanted Rex Ryan as head coach.

That's why I've always preferred that one man make decisions, that way that 1 person can be held responsible. When your left to guess was it the owner, was it the GM, was it the "snake oil salesmen marketing guru" Russ Brandon that made the choice it's just to convoluted to hold someone responsible.

If you look at most teams, GM's are given at least 2 if not 3 coaching hires before you finally decide the problem really is the GM and get rid of him. In Whaley's case it's kind of an unprecedented move when one coach quits, and if the rumors are true that Rx was more of a Pugula hire, would then tend ot give Whaley a pass.

Yea if Pegula's were fooled by the allure of Rex Ryan how can we trust that they will do any better the second time around?

If Whaley actually preferred Hue Jackson, maybe Whaley can be trusted because that would've been a reasonable choice, but we still don't know if that's the truth or not. Just like we don't know who actually wanted Rex Ryan as head coach.

That's why I've always preferred that one man make decisions, that way that 1 person can be held responsible. When your left to guess was it the owner, was it the GM, was it the "snake oil salesmen marketing guru" Russ Brandon that made the choice it's just to convoluted to hold someone responsible.