Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

It's early, but Pegs seems to be a guy that doesn't have a problem making changes when things aren't working- and I can't see him letting pride get in the way of making the right move for the team. If things don't show some serious signs of improvement by seasons end (and probably sooner rather than later) we might see our 19th coach in team history!!!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say for sure, but that's how most teams have traditionally done it. Rex may do it differently, but if he is he's bucking an ages-old trend.

I'm guessing he doesn't do it. That way he can separate himself from the offense as much as possible so it's "those guys" that aren't playing well.

Nope was not aware. Never heard of this before. So you are saying Rex ran out EJ and then the stupid McCoy up the middle?

I don't think that this is true. Head coaches traditionally decide whether to go for it on 4th down, but it terms of the play call my understanding is that typically the OC presents them with a pass and a run option and the HC decides which way to go. But he doesn't pick the actual running or passing play.

Curious to know what this means:

John Kryk ‏@JohnKryk 24s24 seconds ago

Wow. @alexmarvez reports HC Rex Ryan "leaned on" by #Bills front office to whack Greg Roman

It means Rex doesn't have the backbone of Wade.

One could say the cluster of idiocy midway through the 4th quarter on the Jets 45 down 24-30 lost the game last night.

Manuel sneak on 3rd and inches? Okay, didn't work. Let's have Manuel trick them to jump offsides! If it doesn't work we'll just waste a timeout that may be extremely valuable later in the game. Okay, timeout is over. Let's bunch everyone up - no wideouts, everyone get together on 4th and 1. Hand it off up the middle right into ALL of the big bodies and directly at the strength of the Jets defense which has given us trouble all night. Go! (Stuffed)

That was absolutely a fireable offense.

This is my worse series of the game for sure

Let me understand this...we give up 37 points om defense so we fire the offensive coordinator???? Something is wrong with this team.

When your defense is on the field 40 minutes I'm sure it tends to make you tired. Gilmore was also absolutely pathetic.

I can't say for sure, but that's how most teams have traditionally done it. Rex may do it differently, but if he is he's bucking an ages-old trend.

even if not the exact play, id imagine they normally have heavy hands in the style (go dial up a power run, lets sneak it, hard count, give me a play action) as its their careers that hang on the outcomes.

At least they promoted from within.

Continuity is key.

I am not even sure if i am sarcastic at this point.

Seriously brehhh! I did not expect us to be the train wreck of the NFL but damn this is what happened. On the bright side I am excited to watch our offense with someone else calling the plays tho. I think Sammys gonna be out for a few weeks too. He looked terrible limping out there last nite. Since it looks like were gonna be drafting high, we better take an OT and WR somewhere in the 1st 3 picks. Also nice to see Goodwin shut his haters up with that touchdown.....and then I shook my head when he appeared to be injured on the last play. damn Bills and the OC drama made us drinking beer at 3 in the afternoon today!

:beer:

even if not the exact play, id imagine they normally have heavy hands in the style (go dial up a power run, lets sneak it, hard count, give me a play action) as its their careers that hang on the outcomes.

I dont know **** about calling plays Im not a coach. But if I was playing Madden and they stuffed me running the QB sneak on 3rd, I woulda called a quick strike shotgun formation short pass with a slant an out and a quick hitch route at the sticks with a RB sneaking out the backfield for a check down dump off.