Did Gilmore suck tonight?

Thurmal34

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 player certainly can. and thats why you pay that player $100m - because he is a difference maker. and we hurt badly without him.

Read above. They can change a game but your coaches knew for awhile now he was out. There is no excuse why they didn't have the team ready and in a position to win even without your best player..

You can't leave corners on an island like that, though. Someone want to tell me what the safeties were up to all night??

Isn't that the benefit of a "shutdown" corner...they can cover their man one on one allowing the safeties to cheat to the other side and help out other DB's? Doesn't Gilmore fancy himself as a "shutdown" corner?

Edited by LabattBlue

Read above. They can change a game but your coaches knew for awhile now he was out. There is no excuse why they didn't have the team ready and in a position to win even without your best player..

right - but the ability to win, the odds of that win, the effectiveness of those options... they all go down.

even with great coaches, it hurts. with bad coaching it hurts worse though.

right - but the ability to win, the odds of that win, the effectiveness of those options... they all go down.

even with great coaches, it hurts. with bad coaching it hurts worse though.

Very true, but with your top player being a pass rusher, wouldn't LOGIC be to call some Blitzes to make up for him not being there... There is bad coaching then there is "WTH are you thinking" coaching last night was the WTH type..

Exactly - we should have blitzed... a lot more. probably every play.

somehow we managed to both leave our corners on islands AND not get to the qb.

im curious to see if the pressure packages just werent getting there (even with blitzes, outside hughes we dont have great pass rushers) or the coverages were blown or what....

I thought Preston Brown had a good game. Jerry had a nice sack taken away by a BS call. DBs and safeties were bad.

Trade or cut Aaron Williams. A safety that can't / won't hit anymore is not worth keeping. Like when the Imlach/Sabres kept Schoenfeld when he decided he wanted to be a regular defenseman and not an enforcer. Just not the same.

I thought Preston Brown had a good game.

i felt like i noticed him, semi regularly, stepping up into the wrong hole, then having to work his way back out of the trash to get across to the right gap to make the play.

hes one of the guys that im curious to see in the all-22 when it comes out. they showcased it the one time on that 8-9 yard run on TV, but i noticed it a couple times too. it mightve just been that i caught him those few times because his going against the flow kind of popped on screen and it wasnt a regular thing though.

Not only was Gilmore torched, he seemed to want to tackle people about as much as Mario did last year. The fact is that he was just another bad first round pick by the Bills. And, he is yet another OK player that Whaley tried to shower with money he doesn't/didn't deserve, just like our pair of ex-Bills/Saints.

If any fan can watch this team and not be sickened by Rex, Whaley, and of course Brandon, I envy you.

PS: Rex is SO bad that I would consider Jauron to be a superior coach.

Gilmore is an average corner, who does not make plays

i felt like i noticed him, semi regularly, stepping up into the wrong hole, then having to work his way back out of the trash to get across to the right gap to make the play.

hes one of the guys that im curious to see in the all-22 when it comes out. they showcased it the one time on that 8-9 yard run on TV, but i noticed it a couple times too. it mightve just been that i caught him those few times because his going against the flow kind of popped on screen and it wasnt a regular thing though.

At least he played aggressively. Our corner's gave cushion all day - and got turned around on underneath stuff. And got beat deep. Gilmore and darby were in position on those deep balls, they just didnt stop the guys from catching the ball.

This is going to work out well for the Bills. Gilmore is going to bomb in his contract year and re-sign with Buffalo for a reasonable price. Then when the Bills bring in a new DC with a modern scheme he will look good again- just as he did under Schwartz. It's all for the best. You'll see.

I have to agree with this as well. Gilmore was certainly not aggressive tackling.

Y'all just now noticing this? Gilmore sucks at tackling and has ever since he's been a Bill. Instead making a sure tackle, he dives at their feet and hopes they trip over him. Who does he think he is, Dion "They don't pay me to tackle" Sanders?

Edited by reddogblitz

He was bad. Darby was bad also. Rex's scheme sucks very, very, very badly.

This.

How do you not blitz all night and your corners are still locked in one on one every play?

Dropping seven, you couldn't play zone once in a while? Ryan does not understand pro football in 2016.

All Fitz had to do was find the guy in single coverage. Our defense was hung out to dry by the 2005 schemes.