Should fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills?

Jerry Jabber

This is just for fun and not to be taken seriously. Should Bills fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills and the NFL for ripping off their fans off as they've continually put out a lousy product on the field for 16 years as fans have not gotten their monies worth? I think we should also sue for pain and suffering as these 16 years have been brutal to watch.

Knowing the Bills and the NFL, they will probably counter and say they have been providing comedic value to fans for 16 years.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No basis for a lawsuit anyway. There is nothing that stipulates that in exchange for buying your ticket that the Bills will play a good game or be a good team. Just that you will get to see a game.

The people saying things like "we've had enough" clearly haven't or they wouldn't still be going/watching ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

No basis for a lawsuit anyway. There is nothing that stipulates that in exchange for buying your ticket that the Bills will play a good game or be a good team. Just that you will get to see a game.

The people saying things like "we've had enough" clearly haven't or they wouldn't still be going/watching ;)

It's the pain and suffering caused by the prolonged exposure to the product.

There was not a proper warning label on the product to advise me for my safety.

I've mentioned this before: consumer fraud. The poster above is right, it probably would be dismissed because you're still getting what you pay for, i.e., a (supposedly and subjectively) entertaining game, not a winning outcome.

But it sure would be a fun Complaint to draft. Lying about the medical status of the first round pick, firing coaches and shedding salaries the week before the season starts (once ticket sales have mostly been locked in), hell we could cram 400 paragraphs of narrative into that baby for the last 6 years alone.

This is just for fun and not to be taken seriously. Should Bills fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills and the NFL for ripping off their fans off as they've continually put out a lousy product on the field for 16 years as fans have not gotten their monies worth? I think we should also sue for pain and suffering as these 16 years have been brutal to watch.

Knowing the Bills and the NFL, they will probably counter and say they have been providing comedic value to fans for 16 years.

I know Deadspin would love this. They need more comic material since the flaming Bills fan table dives.

If you pay for a product and then don't like it....stop paying for it

Bingo

But it's double edged sword for a market like Buffalo. If fans sell out the stadium, ownership never has a fire under it to improve the product. If they don't go, the city will be deemed not viable and the team will move.

Nonsense!

There is more than enough to build a strong intentional infliction of emotional distress claim against the Bills.

Study up on your tort law.

:lol: