Should fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills?

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, just maybe the fans who bought tickets for years, and readily accepted a sub-standard product in return, should simply say No Mas, and spend their walk-around money in some other manner until such time as the Bills get the message that losing is not a sought-after experience by their customers.

Or, just maybe the fans who bought tickets for years, and readily accepted a sub-standard product in return, should simply say No Mas, and spend their walk-around money in some other manner until such time as the Bills get the message that losing is not a sought-after experience by their customers.

I gave up my tickets this season!

I figure it's win/win:

1. If we suck again, then I made the right move and didnt waste my time and money.
  2. If we are good and make the playoffs, then I must have been the jinx, and I'm happy to back away if it means the Bills can finally be good again.

:thumbsup:

It's a business. If we keep paying them and watching them, that is our faults not theirs. We are choosing to support a lousy franchise and business that fills their pockets with tons of cash

Not just a lousy franchise, a lousy, corrupt, greedy LEAGUE.

Even if we could field a winning team, I dont trust the NFL would LET us win with its convoluted, subjective rules and the inconsistent manner in which the refs enforce those rules.

It's a sub-par product and it's only getting worse.

If we sue the Bills for the grief over the past 15 years, do they get to counter-sue me for all of the good times in the 90s (and, though we've lost a lot for all the fun I've managed to have at Bills games throughout the 2000s)?

It worked against the Florida Marlins too. But that had to do with a single season, where the FO gutted the World Series team AFTER everyone paid for their season tickets.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/24/sports/sports-of-the-times-striking-back-at-the-marlins.html

Damn! I guess we could have sued Tom Golisano after the 2006-07 Sabres season.

Not just a lousy franchise, a lousy, corrupt, greedy LEAGUE.

Even if we could field a winning team, I dont trust the NFL would LET us win with its convoluted, subjective rules and the inconsistent manner in which the refs enforce those rules.

It's a sub-par product and it's only getting worse.

I am not saying you're wrong. But in saying that, we still continue to support this sub par product, and that is why the generate billions of dollars every year

Edited by billsfan11

I am not saying you're wrong. But in saying that, we still continue to support this sub par product, and that is why the generate billions of dollars every year

Speak for yourself (yourselves)! :D

Gave up my tickets, and wont give the NFL a single dollar out of my pocket. It's not that hard to do. :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

Speak for yourself (yourselves)! :D

Gave up my tickets, and wont give the NFL a single dollar out of my pocket. It's not that hard to do. :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

Awesome if you can do that. In saying that, if you are still watching the NFL, you are supporting them. I as well don't spend money on the NFL or bills, but I do watch the games so technically I am a customer

This is just for fun and not to be taken seriously. Should Bills fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills and the NFL for ripping off their fans off as they've continually put out a lousy product on the field for 16 years as fans have not gotten their monies worth? I think we should also sue for pain and suffering as these 16 years have been brutal to watch.

Knowing the Bills and the NFL, they will probably counter and say they have been providing comedic value to fans for 16 years.

Please do. Then judge can have everyone signing it should be banned by court order from watching Bills or going on any football forums.

Quoting DC Tom "You're an idiot"

This is just for fun and not to be taken seriously. Should Bills fans file a class action lawsuit against the Bills and the NFL for ripping off their fans off as they've continually put out a lousy product on the field for 16 years as fans have not gotten their monies worth? I think we should also sue for pain and suffering as these 16 years have been brutal to watch.

Knowing the Bills and the NFL, they will probably counter and say they have been providing comedic value to fans for 16 years.

I was just about to go postal but then the first sentence or two gave me a big relief.... Carry on....

I disagree. I think you could make the case -- perhaps strongly -- for false advertisement. I know Rex, for instance, has made plenty of promises, many of which have not been met.

Doesn't matter that there wasnt a contract. The end product for 16 years has not been what it's been advertised. If I buy a V8 and get a four-cylinder, and the auto dealer doesn't return the car, I could probably sue someone.

A savvy lawyer could potentially do the same for Bills Nation. I'm not saying wed win -- we wouldn't -- but I have to believe that a court would consider it.

No basis for a lawsuit anyway. There is nothing that stipulates that in exchange for buying your ticket that the Bills will play a good game or be a good team. Just that you will get to see a game.

The people saying things like "we've had enough" clearly haven't or they wouldn't still be going/watching ;)