REX removes his Lap Band to get more wins!!! *from CBS*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The board isn't unbearable, this team is. Since the Kelly years we have seen a sh#t product on the field. Fans are tired of losing and impatience with bad management and coaching is taking its toll. You've seen nothing yet if we implode and lose again on thursday. And if we win, not many will be screaming playoffs. We need consistency, not emotional rides to 1 or 2 wins.

Nope. The board is unbearable after every loss. Yeah the Bills haven't been up to par, but the dumb jokes, the ridiculous POV's, and assignment of blame (If only we could get rid of Russ Brandon!) is a poor performance on our fans part on par with the bills. There's criticism and then there's legitimate football criticism.

I know that is just how some fans deal with disappointment, but that doesn't mean I can't find it obnoxious and annoying when I am trying to watch a football game or look at a board and see fans bashing Rex for making a comment that has exactly zero to do with football. Get a grip guys.

Edited by What a Tuel

Nope. The board is unbearable after every loss. Yeah the Bills haven't been up to par, but the dumb jokes, the ridiculous POV's, and assignment of blame (If only we could get rid of Russ Brandon!) is a poor performance on our fans part on par with the bills. There's criticism and then there's legitimate football criticism.

I know that is just how some fans deal with disappointment, but that doesn't mean I can't find it obnoxious and annoying when I am trying to watch a football game or look at a board and see fans bashing Rex for making a comment that has exactly zero to do with football. Get a grip guys.

When's the last time you saw Bill Belichick in the news for anything unrelated to football?

Actually - who is the last NFL HC you saw in the news for anything not football related?

I can't think of one. My poor performance on par with the Bills best guess as to why would be that they're too busy focusing on winning football games and not endorsing Donald Trump, discussing lap bands, making jokes at press conferences in addition to the empty promises, etc., etc,, etc. ... you know ... non-football stuff and all that.

This times 1000

When's the last time you saw Bill Belichick in the news for anything unrelated to football?

Actually - who is the last NFL HC you saw in the news for anything not football related?

I can't think of one. My poor performance on par with the Bills best guess as to why would be that they're too busy focusing on winning football games and not endorsing Donald Trump, discussing lap bands, making jokes at press conferences in addition to the empty promises, etc., etc,, etc. ... you know ... non-football stuff and all that.

Just 2 scandals that have lost the Patriots 2 1st round draft picks in 9 years, and financial penalties.

But Rex Ryan's lap band. Now that's the real problem here!

Now here's the key, the Rex Ryan sound bytes are not why we lose. The lack of sound bytes by Belichick are not why they win.

Edited by What a Tuel

I don't understand Rex's thought process on this one. (I say that more and more.)

You'd think he'd want to keep the weight down for his own health and safety. He should support his brother getting gastric bypass if the conventional methods of weight loss and lap band didn't work.

Belly fat is lethal - and it's potential for mayhem only increases with age.

I don't understand Rex's thought process on this one. (I say that more and more.)

You'd think he'd want to keep the weight down for his own health and safety. He should support his brother getting gastric bypass if the conventional methods of weight loss and lap band didn't work.

Belly fat is lethal - and it's potential for mayhem only increases with age.

What can I say, the man is committed to winning!

Perhaps Rex can cheat a little if the wins don't start coming as a result of his "brilliant" coaching. He can reinstitute the standing on the sidelines bit and hope enough opposition players get tripped that we steal one. But that will only delay the visit from the realtor.

I dunno about cheating but he's pretty bad at trying to be tricky.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jets-trick-play-kick-return-fail-2014-10

So an article about rex removing his lap band to support his brother in which he makes a joke about winning more when he was fat is now some great travesty and obviously something he actually believes...

I think no one is regarding this as a "travesty" (of hyperbole, maybe). Some of us didn't understand why he would surrender hard earned weight loss and better health or how this actually "supports" Rob in any real way. It's a bizarre story and it's OK for us to point that out.

Nothing is more 'merican than an expensive medical procedure to implant a device that effectively reduces the appetite of overweight people that are unable to manage what they stuff in their face.

As an aside, I see wrecks working sales at a Carmax if his daddy didn't 'neputize' him into football... Thoughts (not insulting to that job, I actually think Rex would be very good at selling used cars as he's got a lot of great sales traits)

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Nothing is more 'merican than an expensive medical procedure to implant a device that effectively reduces the appetite of overweight people that are unable to manage what they stuff in their face.

As an aside, I see wrecks working sales at a Carmax if his daddy didn't 'neputize' him into football... Thoughts (that not insulting to that job, I actually think Rex would be very good at selling used cars as he's got a lot of great sales traits)

This is true. Rex is a great salesman. He's got a big personality and it seems people genuinely like him. Unfortunately, he is not a winning football coach. He had one lucky year with a talented team, a follow up riding off the first, and the rest have sucked. The Bills were on the cusp of respect with Marrone and Schwartz and it got Rexed in a bad way. This team is rapidly descending into the pit again.

It seemed like not so long ago, we actually had hope. Rex's arrival has crushed that hope in a little over a year. It has been a circus of bad decisions, personnel problems and lack of preparation. Say what you want about Marrone, (outside of Hackett, which was a horrible decision) but we didn't have multiple players suspended for drug use.

Shady says Rex wants more accountability. We will see by game 4 if this season is a wash. I really think tomorrow will give us a good picture. No more excuses. We need wins!!!!!

Edited by BillsRdue

Just 2 scandals that have lost the Patriots 2 1st round draft picks in 9 years, and financial penalties.

But Rex Ryan's lap band. Now that's the real problem here!

Now here's the key, the Rex Ryan sound bytes are not why we lose. The lack of sound bytes by Belichick are not why they win.

Oh thats just conspiracy theory ..

if you read each line. Rex says " we will work this out together "

Meaning his brother whom is dangerously overweight and surely has health issues if not serious ones ( guessing here).

Sometimes face value is not the reality. although easier to digest.

Rex brought his brother hear to look after him.

you folks can question me all you want and make snarky comments. That dont bother me none.

But this bringing Rob up into the Bills and their Dads health was not coincidence. Mr and Mrs Pegula know and approved. Because they are good folks if nothing else. They are Damned Fine folks actually.

If i took you fools personally with your glib comments i would be a fool mired in reactionary commentary.

Ryans are Family and human beings. They live breath love football so here they are as an enigma in the NFL. it is what they were born into.

None of you have even come close to the reality of the matter.

May I gently suggest you just let life do what it does. And just enjoy the games when you can. and then perhaps wish our Coaches and players well in life and football too.

That being said

Rex in one hell of a character. goofball and an all i have learned to really like his person.

Now just F'N win Baby !

Edited by 3rdand12

This is true. Rex is a great salesman. He's got a big personality and it seems people genuinely like him. Unfortunately, he is not a winning football coach. He had one lucky year with a talented team, a follow up riding off the first, and the rest have sucked. The Bills were on the cusp of respect with Marrone and Schwartz and it got Rexed in a bad way. This team is rapidly descending into the pit again.

It seemed like not so long ago, we actually had hope. Rex's arrival has crushed that hope in a little over a year. It has been a circus of bad decisions, personnel problems and lack of preparation. Say what you want about Marrone, (outside of Hackett, which was a horrible decision) but we didn't have multiple players suspended for drug use.

Shady says Rex wants more accountability. We will see by game 4 if this season is a wash. I really think tomorrow will give us a good picture. No more excuses. We need wins!!!!!

Marrone coached the team to their best season since 2004. Didn't love his press conferences, and I thought his loyalty to Hackett was misplaced... However I never thought he was bad for the franchise until he exercised the clause in what I can only imagine was a power play.

Agreed that tomorrow has huge implications for the season. If they win... We still aren't sure what we've got. If they lose, it's only a question of where between 7-9 and 2-14 they land.

Marrone coached the team to their best season since 2004. Didn't love his press conferences, and I thought his loyalty to Hackett was misplaced... However I never thought he was bad for the franchise until he exercised the clause in what I can only imagine was a power play.

Agreed that tomorrow has huge implications for the season. If they win... We still aren't sure what we've got. If they lose, it's only a question of where between 7-9 and 2-14 they land.

They lose tomorrow, i think even pegulas start pacing