REX removes his Lap Band to get more wins!!! *from CBS*

I think no one is regarding this as a "travesty" (of hyperbole, maybe). Some of us didn't understand why he would surrender hard earned weight loss and better health or how this actually "supports" Rob in any real way. It's a bizarre story and it's OK for us to point that out.

Yuuup.

If he wasn't having health issues of his own with it- it's an incredibly weird story. Maybe he's just distracting the media from the players after a bad loss and figured a goofy version of the story was the best way to avoid the tyrod questions?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17546250/rex-ryan-gives-obscenity-laced-speech-inspire-buffalo-bills

I didn't see this posted anywhere else. Apparently Rex went off on an obscenity laced speech in the locker room. I can't tell how angry this makes me. Normally I just let something like this roll off my back. I can accept people doing things differently than me and I don't have to like how they do them, but enough is enough. All Rex does is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. He's like some stupid kid who talks crap to people and keeps getting his ass kicked, but never learns his lesson. He just keeps talking crap and getting his ass kicked. I'm so sick of it. STFU and actually do something, Rex. You're not fooling anyone.

Trust me, I'm right.

Even Rob's somewhat dramatic description says this is so:

All you can eat is sugar, and I drink the hell out of wine. But that’s all I could really eat and drink, so I was getting enormous again.”

“So we go in to look at it, [and] oh my God, the stomach was going up through the band, and the esophagus was like 10 times the size it should be,” Rex said.

That's a slipped band he is describing (as his surgeon no doubt explained to him). Also, people who are near death aren't exclusively eating sugar and "drinking the hell out of wine".

The acute treatment for this problem is actually to deflate (not tighten, Dr. Rex) the band. If the slip doesn't improve the band is electively remove. The majority of patients opt for another weight loss procedure (gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy) to be done at the time of band removal. Few patients have the band removed and no other procedure to help maintain weight loss.

Some people can defeat the band and keep the weight on by continuing to shovel in the food. That's why the esophagus ballooned. A foie gras goose of a man, our Rob. Now tell me that doesn't show a certain warped type of commitment -- I'm gonna finish that damn gallon of ice cream even if it literally has nowhere to go. And that commitment is starting to shine through in our defense.

Some people can defeat the band and keep the weight on by continuing to shovel in the food. That's why the esophagus ballooned. A foie gras goose of a man, our Rob. Now tell me that doesn't show a certain warped type of commitment -- I'm gonna finish that damn gallon of ice cream even if it literally has nowhere to go. And that commitment is starting to shine through in our defense.

This is it in a nutshell.

I don't even know where to begin on this one. The CBS analyst quoted, "I am not a Bills Believer for a Myriad of Reasons." Another says, "It's time for Rex to call his realtor, because he will be shipped out."

If this helps, God bless Rex. Hell, if fat Rex is a winner and skinny Rex is a loser, then Ho Ho Ho, he better be fattened up for Christmas and bring me my golden goose... THAT'S THE PLAYOFFS REX... We deserve good football. No goose, cut fat Rex loose.

I love football and look forward to watching it, but Thursday night will be like wearing a lapband on my balls. It's too frustrating to watch pathetic football and the monster in me keeps coming back for more.

Here's the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-removes-his-lap-band-for-his-brother-rob-and-to-win-more-games/

WOW! I hope he was joking because if he really believes that we are truly screwed.?

I find it interesting that they all feel Rex will be fired in-season, which I doubt. I think it will be after when we go 4 - 12

I've officially reached my "shut the f*ck up and do your job" point with Rex. He should answer every question with a yes or no and avoid cameras like they were a salad.

I hit that last yr when Rex said that if the players played as hard as the fans cheared then they would win every game. I was like don't patronize me and you don't even believe the words coming out of your mouth.

I really think he has some mental disorder as he spews BS as some sort of automatic-defense-mechanism, he doesn't realize he is doing it, it just comes out.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

ANALYTICS

:lol::lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17546250/rex-ryan-gives-obscenity-laced-speech-inspire-buffalo-bills

I didn't see this posted anywhere else. Apparently Rex went off on an obscenity laced speech in the locker room. I can't tell how angry this makes me. Normally I just let something like this roll off my back. I can accept people doing things differently than me and I don't have to like how they do them, but enough is enough. All Rex does is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. He's like some stupid kid who talks crap to people and keeps getting his ass kicked, but never learns his lesson. He just keeps talking crap and getting his ass kicked. I'm so sick of it. STFU and actually do something, Rex. You're not fooling anyone.

pretty much

maybe he has Oppositional Defiant Disorder?

bills win = rex bluster = talk in a loud, aggressive, or indignant way with little effect.bills lose = rex blowhard = a person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way.

I think it's more that it's much easier to put up with a someone who runs their mouth when they can back up what they say.

I think no one is regarding this as a "travesty" (of hyperbole, maybe). Some of us didn't understand why he would surrender hard earned weight loss and better health or how this actually "supports" Rob in any real way. It's a bizarre story and it's OK for us to point that out.

except, as you well know, that wasn't what people were talking about...they were talking about the "winning" quote.

Are you even serious with this dumb post? He took it off because his brother almost died having one put on. Did you even read the articles? He took it off to support his brother and even said they will figure out this weight loss thing together. He made a joking comment that he won more games before he got it, but the real story was his support for his brother.

Geezus, this stuff around here can get really pathetic after a loss.

No he removed it because his brother almost died with his. Big difference.

Daaaammmmm....... I can't wait to see this board after tonight's loss.

Edited by DirtDart