Saints release Spiller

Virgil

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe they would take that kind of hit ($ and just plain looking stupid) to get rid of him if he's healthy and didn't get suspended or anything. Weird. He may not be great but had a decent preseason and can at least provide depth in the return game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I guess Adam Schefter is reporting that spiller actually wanted to be released. It was so he could try to work for NASA, given his interests in and abilities with working in space.

Lololololol!!!

You've won the internets again JR! I wish we had 20 more JR's in Pittsburghs!

I guess Adam Schefter is reporting that spiller actually wanted to be released. It was so he could try to work for NASA, given his interests in and abilities with working in space.

Good one. In fairness CJ is one of the better East/West runners in the league.

Playng for Chan is his only hope.

Hard to believe they would take that kind of hit ($ and just plain looking stupid) to get rid of him if he's healthy and didn't get suspended or anything. Weird. He may not be great but had a decent preseason and can at least provide depth in the return game.

yea, i was surprised -- in preseason he looked like he was going to have a role. he also looked like he was confident in that role, and got out of bounds a bit early instead of risking injury to put on a show (ie played like a vet that is secure in his roster spot and not a guy that thinks hes on the verge of being benched).

he must have been making plays but blowing assignments in the process.

This is a great post in a couple ways. The reason it is relevant to me is my Kids.

4 of them.

all learned in different ways, which might be an anomaly. i have no idea. i dont do stats.

But as parents we learned different teaching methods from learning how people process and receive information.

They have all turned out amazing, but at times it was alot or work to help them succeed.

I can imagine CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin are very directly wired for some things.

get them in the proper environment and help them learn to wail on it !!

that may not be football, even though it looks like it should be easy for them. From where we stand

yup - and good on you for recognizing the differences and taking the time to learn how to help each succeed!

I obviously cant say its the case with spiller but picking out a few clues here and there it seems very possible.

Edited by NoSaint

9th overall pick in 2010. One of the many reasons we are swirling the drain year after year. Moving up for Watkins is another.

Yup. Spiller was one of the galling mistakes, a gadget player in the top 10, and the third running back taken in the first round during an 8 year stretch. No other team would be so foolish. At least the Browns try to find a QB when they make terrible picks.

Wasting an extra first round pick on Watkins when there were two other top rated WRs on the board was another. It's not fantasy football, you can't just lose your head by falling in love with one player.

yea, i was surprised -- in preseason he looked like he was going to have a role. he also looked like he was confident in that role, and got out of bounds a bit early instead of risking injury to put on a show (ie played like a vet that is secure in his roster spot and not a guy that thinks hes on the verge of being benched).

he must have been making plays but blowing assignments in the process.

yup - and good on you for recognizing the differences and taking the time to learn how to help each succeed!

I obviously cant say its the case with spiller but picking out a few clues here and there it seems very possible.

He seems to think, as do others,he will get picked up soon enough. Wonder if Chan Gailey has any love for him?

All evidence would suggest they are essentially the same player at this point.

If Bush aint gonna block? Then yes