Uncharted Territory

Gugny

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never ... as in not one time in my life ... rooted for the Bills to lose a game.

I don't think I'll ever get to that point. I don't think I could do it and feel good about myself.

However - it's clear that the only way to get rid of Rex Ryan is to have a losing season; might even need a downright horrible season, like 3-13.

I've reached the point where I want everyone who makes personnel decisions gone. I want the entire coaching staff gone. I want Whaley gone (and I've been a HUGE Whaley fan since the day he came here). All of 'em. Gone.

I want Tyrod gone. He sucks. Period. He's horrible. I'd rather have another starter and keep EJ at backup forever, than keep Taylor on the roster in any capacity.

Sammy Watkins? Get the !@#$ out. Nothing but a whine ass with built in excuses. Talk about a wasted talent. He could be truly elite. Instead, he's Mr. Potential. No thanks.

If we're going to be in this seemingly perpetual state of rebuilding, then rip the !@#$ing thing down to the ground and start from scratch.

Back to my original point. I will continue to watch every game. I'll still wear a jersey and a hat to show "my colors." I will absolutely not root for them to lose.

But you won't see me upset about any losses this year.

We have lost you. Some of us could have predicted it.

I realize it is not small feat to look inside oneself and see that you just are no longer comfortable with the deception.

It's okay to move on.

I have had relationships that were very important to me over my lifespan. Most i had to move on from, or allow them to. hurts at first. but you know it is for the best for both of you. Most always rings true once doubt has firm hold.

Will Miss you R.

Edited by 3rdand12

Drafting D yes! That D was/is nasty! On O that's when the GM steps in.. Mind you BB has both powers so no separation here.

the Rex choices on D were not that great. He had a ton of talent before starting and took very obvious choices.

I hope we go 0-16 to get the clown fired and all of groupies to cry.

the Rex choices on D were not that great. He had a ton of talent before starting and took very obvious choices.

I hope we go 0-16 to get the clown fired and all of groupies to cry.

Just root for the Panthers. When the Bills turn it around you can jump back on the bandwagon! It's okay. It's not your fault.

I'm in favor of a house cleaning; when it is time. When it is time, you burn the $hit down and start all new with coaches and a GM (I like Monos and would like him to stay :blush:) . No interim coach and no one on the staff should become the HC. Hire a new GM who has their act together and the GM hires the coach....

Identify the ideal candidate to replace each respective position and make offers than can not be refused.

#getfracking

Yes indeed. Of course, this only works if Brandon is indeed gone and not involved with identifying any candidates. Otherwise, you'd just be trading trash for trash.

In my opinion most of you are overreacting to the opener after a long off-season of anticipation, and maybe an expensive road trip to the Charm City where we laid an egg. Suggest everyone who laid out cash last week not take it too personally. Its one game.

I'll reassess after 3-4 games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not optimistic, but I'm not ready to pass judgement YET.

Identify the ideal candidate to replace each respective position and make offers than can not be refused.

#getfracking

Thats great.....

So we identify the hot candidates

Then go through another rebuilding process

Then some more seasons of losing (we are in fact on year 16)

That sounds like so much fun

This team has PLENTY of talent.....we are gonna go through another rebiuld?

Thats great.....

Every team has plenty of talent. It is all about preparation, roster makeup/chemistry, and depth. This franchise continually proves that they cannot succeed in more than one of those areas at a time.

Rebuilding in the NFL does not need to take years. Wasnt too long ago seattle picked in front of the bills, blew the pick on a bust (we would excuse years of futility on that player), and quickly became a power. Same with denver. KC brought andy reid in and got with the program rather quickly.

Edited by May Day 10

In my opinion most of you are overreacting to the opener after a long off-season of anticipation, and maybe an expensive road trip to the Charm City where we laid an egg. Suggest everyone who laid out cash last week not take it too personally. Its one game.

I'll reassess after 3-4 games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not optimistic, but I'm not ready to pass judgement YET.

I am venting a lot, but i agree with you. I speak based on a blown season which is not a sure thing. I just saw a lot of "symptoms" i have grown accustomed to.

I think a lot of angst comes from witnessing the patriots sunday night and coming to the realization that they are just a well oiled football program, and they will be just fine after brady is gone. That is who the bills need to strive for. Rex is the opposite of belichick in almost every way. I dont see whaley, brandon, or pegula getting us there. The bills will likely never get to belichick level... but why cant they get to the ravens, broncos, cardinals, seahawks level? Those are all teams who have bottomed out lower than buffalo in somewhat recent history. At least then its a fair fight.

How can the bills ever see a home playoff game if they struggle getting the plays in on time?

I live in Kentucky so I get the Bengals local radio and they constantly lash out about how flawed that ownership and coaching and management is and every time I hear that I just think the commentators and callers have no idea how bad it can be.

Thats great.....

Plenty of talent is a pretty loose claim to make. Does the talent we do have mesh together and form a winning team? Everyone is waiting on results. The claims of depth and talent have been debated up and down this board. The only thing left to do is wait for the results. Disjointed uninspired football is what I saw Sunday and that's coming off the "We're Ready" message leading up to the season. Were they ready? Or All in? Any other cliches I'm missing? Sure it was one game but it came on the heels of a disappointing season so fans and media are up in arms, they have a short week to turn things around and prove everyone wrong...lets see it.

Rebuilding sucks and it's time wasted but if your program isn't going forward then changes need to be made. Rex is in a bad spot and I would argue it's not really even his fault. The Pegula's decided to hire him and the talent didn't match his style, apparently that wasn't discussed and there was no emphasis on him conforming to the talent. So Rex is just being Rex and in fairness he hasn't had enough time to rework things. If he has to go to fix whatever the hell happened with the 16' draft I'm good with it. It's been a clown show all offseason with misinformation and false hopes, if they fall flat on the field clean house and find some modern thinking GM to build from the ground up. No more mix matching front office personal and coaches. Let the GM build something and tie the coach into his success/failures.

Plenty of talent is a pretty loose claim to make. Does the talent we do have mesh together and form a winning team? Everyone is waiting on results. The claims of depth and talent have been debated up and down this board. The only thing left to do is wait for the results. Disjointed uninspired football is what I saw Sunday and that's coming off the "We're Ready" message leading up to the season. Were they ready? Or All in? Any other cliches I'm missing? Sure it was one game but it came on the heels of a disappointing season so fans and media are up in arms, they have a short week to turn things around and prove everyone wrong...lets see it.

Rebuilding sucks and it's time wasted but if your program isn't going forward then changes need to be made. Rex is in a bad spot and I would argue it's not really even his fault. The Pegula's decided to hire him and the talent didn't match his style, apparently that wasn't discussed and there was no emphasis on him conforming to the talent. So Rex is just being Rex and in fairness he hasn't had enough time to rework things. If he has to go to fix whatever the hell happened with the 16' draft I'm good with it. It's been a clown show all offseason with misinformation and false hopes, if they fall flat on the field clean house and find some modern thinking GM to build from the ground up. No more mix matching front office personal and coaches. Let the GM build something and tie the coach into his success/failures.

Need to give it some more time....it is too early to pull the plug

The team was completely not ready to play that game. I think that point is beyond debate.

Need to give it some more time....it is too early to pull the plug

No one is getting fired this week, they have time to play it out and prove the doubters wrong. If this season ends up being a nightmare then the glaring mistakes of the past two seasons will be hard to ignore. Why did they going on a spending spree in 15' and leave themselves up against the cap in the first year of a new head coach? They had to know they would have to retool somewhere right? Did they go All In without even knowing who their QB was? Why risk your 1st round pick on a player with a pre-existing injury when your letting Mario go and need some impact and depth. Whaley and company knew they didn't have any money to find a plus player in FA right? Why not disclose any details on Watkin's Jones Fracture and why not address the WR position when this injury has such a high rate of reinjury? Your losing Hogan and Harvin but the only investment your willing to make is a 6th round Hail Mary in the draft and some retreads?

I don't know maybe I'm just to critical but those examples highlight a fundamentally unsound organization.

Edited by Commonsense