Is anyone else bothered that the red flag came out so late?

I know we got the TD anyway, but we telegraphed our play by being so late. After that we still went with the QB dive?

Taylor was needlessly thrown into the line of scrimmage two times in like 2 minutes.

If the coaching has improved, this is not showing it.

:wallbash::wallbash::bag:

The Ryan brothers, and anybody in their slowzone proximity (approximately 35 yards, I believe) cannot think quickly or clearly, I believe we're seeing the second order effects of that here

The Ryan brothers, and anybody in their slowzone proximity (approximately 35 yards, I believe) cannot think quickly or clearly, I believe we're seeing the second order effects of that here

Exactly....

Everyone is zeroing in on the late call. What about duplicating the QB sneak?

A roll-out or pitch-out seemed to be the call there.

Actually, I'm fairly certain the call comes from the booth, to Rex, and it looked like he reacted quite quickly. I'm surprised they decided to challenge at all, it seemed clear to me they weren't going to overturn.

I know we got the TD anyway, but we telegraphed our play by being so late. After that we still went with the QB dive?

Taylor was needlessly thrown into the line of scrimmage two times in like 2 minutes.

they didn't sneak it again...the play after the challenge was a dive by mccoy

So you want the red flag out in 10 seconds, regardless of seeing a replay? Just throw it out there? Do you have any concept of time and what 25 seconds it? From the time the whistle blows to the time the replay gets to team officials (whoever is reviewing and making the call), to the time to review it, to the time to radio down to the sidelines to throw the flag is a miracle if it happens in 25 seconds. And on the road, without the home scoreboard replaying it in super slow-mo 10 times, it's shocking they even can do it.

Seriously, the continually grinding of the anti-Rex axe is nauseating because it's basically the goal to take every single thing and blame the coach. It's a system. Systems never, ever function perfectly when humans are part of the process. If you hate Rex, which lots do here, let's start an "If you Hate Rex, Post if Officially here" thread and stop with the new threads always trying to blame him for every single issue. Yes he's at fault for a lot, but cheese and rice, give me an effin' break on this.

Actually, I'm fairly certain the call comes from the booth, to Rex, and it looked like he reacted quite quickly. I'm surprised they decided to challenge at all, it seemed clear to me they weren't going to overturn.

If I recall correctly there was someone else with a headset that went up to Rex screaming in his face to throw the flag, to which Rex threw it almost instantly.

Whether or not the same communication was on Rex's headset as well, I have no idea.

So you want the red flag out in 10 seconds, regardless of seeing a replay? Just throw it out there? Do you have any concept of time and what 25 seconds it? From the time the whistle blows to the time the replay gets to team officials (whoever is reviewing and making the call), to the time to review it, to the time to radio down to the sidelines to throw the flag is a miracle if it happens in 25 seconds. And on the road, without the home scoreboard replaying it in super slow-mo 10 times, it's shocking they even can do it.

Seriously, the continually grinding of the anti-Rex axe is nauseating because it's basically the goal to take every single thing and blame the coach. It's a system. Systems never, ever function perfectly when humans are part of the process. If you hate Rex, which lots do here, let's start an "If you Hate Rex, Post if Officially here" thread and stop with the new threads always trying to blame him for every single issue. Yes he's at fault for a lot, but cheese and rice, give me an effin' break on this.

They did very poorly on challenges last year. Rex said that he would streamline it, which apparently didn't happen.

We controlled the snap, the pace of the game.

I don't hate Rex. Quite to the contrary.

But if he doesn't learn from previous mistakes, then he shouldn't be here.

Taylor should not have dove head first into the trenches if there was an inkling we would challenge.

BTW...Challenges - 0 for 1

It came from upstairs after seeing the replay...with it being an away game, they had to wait on the TV...not their fault, this is just complaining for the sake of complaining...Ryan threw the flag as soon as the guy ran over and told him

they didn't sneak it again...the play after the challenge was a dive by mccoy

Not they re-run the sneak. 4th down was McCoy.

It was poor coaching all round. Challenging a spot (almost never win) on a "maybe" and not firm evidence was dumb. Waiting so late we had shown our play was dumb. Re-running the same play was dumb. The only thing Rex got right was going for it on 4th down.