Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Whaley is starting to look really bad. Gives up a boatload in arguably the best WR draft ever, to go up and get a guy that is currently the 4-6 best receiver in the draft. If we stand put we have our choice between ODB and Benjamin. There are too many good wide receivers nowadays to be giving up that much for any one of them unless you have an established playoff team with a good QB in place.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

There is no report that the foot did not heal properly, there is a report that it's still causing him pain/discomfort.

Watkins chose a career which requires tough men to play hurt. Everyone plays hurt in the NFL; that's the standard.

If Watkins is incapable of meeting that standard, then he is a kitty.

That's all anyone can say about him.

this

Whaley is starting to look really bad. Gives u a boatload in arguably the best WR draft ever, to go up and get a guy that is currently the 4-6 best receiver in the draft. If we stand put we have our choice between ODB and Benjamin. There are too many good wide receivers nowadays to be giving up that much for any one of them unless you have an established playoff team with a good QB in place.

When healthy, he's the best of all of them. He's still very young and will probably put up some huge seasons over the course of his career. It likely won't be this season, however. Julio Jones missed most of a season with basically the same injury, but clearly came back strong.

When healthy, he's the best of all of them. He's still very young and will probably put up some huge seasons over the course of his career. It likely won't be this season, however. Julio Jones missed most of a season with basically the same injury, but clearly came back strong.

agreed...he's got more talent than all those guys

bad luck with health...worse luck with crappy QBing and coaching

Edited by QB Bills

Dang this blows if true. I did a ton of research on Jones Fractrues after looking at the timeline for his surgery and recovery time. Shame, I was mostly laughed at on the board for being an NNN. Also wanted them to address the WR position to help avoid a throw away season if Sammy's foot had any follow up issues. Blah week two and now this....garbage, waited all damn offseason for some Bills football we deserve better.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

When healthy he is better than ODB and Evans? I would disagree. I think when healthy I might take Benjamin over him right now.

Dang this blows if true. I did a ton of research on Jones Fractrues after looking at the timeline for his surgery and recovery time. Shame, I was mostly laughed at on the board for being an NNN. Also wanted them to address the WR position to help avoid a throw away season if Sammy's foot had any follow up issues. Blah week two and now this....garbage, waited all damn offseason for some Bills football we deserve better.

If it's just a pain management issue, then what are you talking about?

@RapSheet

At one point last night, the #Bills thought Sammy Watkins had re-broken his foot or the screw. Not the case. Now it’s pain management.

He's on the part of the track where pain/discomfort is normal as part of his recovery; but there is no longer any injury, so he can play.

i wont claim to be a doc -- i was just under the impression that it was supposed to be good to go a bit ago, and that this would constitute being behind schedule to be discussing missing significant time come September.

If it's just a pain management issue, then what are you talking about?

@RapSheet

At one point last night, the #Bills thought Sammy Watkins had re-broken his foot or the screw. Not the case. Now its pain management.

Sammy will not be 100%, Sammy will not play 16 games with a full workload. This will get worse before it gets better if he stays running around on it. They should give him the short week off and see if it improves any by week 3. If they have him running around again on Thursday id be surprised, well maybe not.